Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 665
Like Tree20Likes
  1. ckwebz's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    After playing with the skin a bit I think it might be too transparent, and perhaps a bit too loose on the joystick. Let me know what you think and I'll adjust it accordingly .
    I actually enjoy the joystick the most out of all the skins because it is so fluid I guess. I do agree that it is hard to see things at first, but you really don't have to see the controls perfectly once you know where they are. Perhaps it would be better ever so slightly more opaque.
  2. #542  
    Quote Originally Posted by ckwebz View Post
    I actually enjoy the joystick the most out of all the skins because it is so fluid I guess. I do agree that it is hard to see things at first, but you really don't have to see the controls perfectly once you know where they are. Perhaps it would be better ever so slightly more opaque.
    I hear ya, it's visible enough to use, and invisible enough that you can sit back and look at the screen without noticing it.

    I guess I'll leave it as-is. I like it .

    Thanks for the suggestion, it works so much better now - you even hold the touchpad at the perfect angle to see the screen now thanks to the new controller position. Great for playing while kicked back relaxing with the touchpad resting on your lap.

    Anyway, here's the finished skin if you didnt notice it posted in the other post (I edited it).
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3. ckwebz's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #543  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I hear ya, it's visible enough to use, and invisible enough that you can sit back and look at the screen without noticing it.

    I guess I'll leave it as-is. I like it .

    Thanks for the suggestion, it works so much better now - you even hold the touchpad at the perfect angle to see the screen now thanks to the new controller position. Great for playing while kicked back relaxing with the touchpad resting on your lap.

    Anyway, here's the finished skin if you didnt notice it posted in the other post (I edited it).
    Thanks for the quick work. Truely did not expect it. I can't wait to get home and take it for a spin!
  4. #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by ckwebz View Post
    Thanks for the quick work. Truely did not expect it. I can't wait to get home and take it for a spin!
    Eh, the skins are actually really easy to put together.

    If you look at them, there's really not much to them. Grab a free image editor like GIMP and you can easily make your own "controller", and the text file (controller.cfg) is really simple to understand. The x/y intercepts are pixels on a 480x320 grid, so you can just hover over your button in GIMP and you'll see your x/y intercept. Enter those into the skin.cfg file, set a radius for your button, and you're done.

    Fiddling with the joystick allows you to set deadzone, radius, etc.

    You can also set up skins where the screen is smaller and positioned to your liking, but I prefer fullscreen skins that give you maximum viewing myself.

    At any rate, modifying an already existing skin is a quick cut/paste job, and a couple changes to the cfg file. Takes a couple minutes .
  5. ckwebz's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Eh, the skins are actually really easy to put together.

    If you look at them, there's really not much to them. Grab a free image editor like GIMP and you can easily make your own "controller", and the text file (controller.cfg) is really simple to understand. The x/y intercepts are pixels on a 480x320 grid, so you can just hover over your button in GIMP and you'll see your x/y intercept. Enter those into the skin.cfg file, set a radius for your button, and you're done.

    Fiddling with the joystick allows you to set deadzone, radius, etc.

    You can also set up skins where the screen is smaller and positioned to your liking, but I prefer fullscreen skins that give you maximum viewing myself.

    At any rate, modifying an already existing skin is a quick cut/paste job, and a couple changes to the cfg file. Takes a couple minutes .
    I am very happy with the latest skin. SO much more comfortable to play with the controls up top while the touchpad rests on my chest. Great job!
  6. #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by federaly View Post
    Hi guys, If someone knows of some decent skins for portrait please let me know. I've been searching through the forums and doing google/bing around random part.

    If there is not any skins, is there a program specifically used for webOS or for this emulator to making skins ourselves?

    I'm more than happy to try my hand and creating my own.
    The emulator does not support portrait skins right now.

    When dtz made the emulator all it ran on was our pre's - and a portrait skin on that tiny little screen didnt make much sense. Besides, you could open the keyboard and use a physical key-bind scheme. He'll probably add portrait support in the next update, eventually .
  7. #547  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I hear ya, it's visible enough to use, and invisible enough that you can sit back and look at the screen without noticing it.

    I guess I'll leave it as-is. I like it .

    Thanks for the suggestion, it works so much better now - you even hold the touchpad at the perfect angle to see the screen now thanks to the new controller position. Great for playing while kicked back relaxing with the touchpad resting on your lap.

    Anyway, here's the finished skin if you didnt notice it posted in the other post (I edited it).
    Where in the SNES folder do I put this exactly? the only sub-folder in there for me is ROMs. Also, will this skin be selectable from the skins menu in the SNES app?


    EDIT: Never-mind; answered my own question. Also, do you guys use smooth or sharp filters for ROMs?
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 08/28/2011 at 01:25 PM.
  8. #548  
    skins not working for me i was able to put 1 but the d one from rescuer and ncinirate dont show the other one has 3 file while the others only have 2.

    under snes/Skins/skinz/png and cong but missing psd
  9. #549  
    Quote Originally Posted by joycarrz View Post
    skins not working for me i was able to put 1 but the d one from rescuer and ncinirate dont show the other one has 3 file while the others only have 2.

    under snes/Skins/skinz/png and cong but missing psd
    You only want 2 files per directory. The .png, and the .cfg.

    So you want

    /snes/skins/skin1/controller.png

    And for the next skin you want

    /snes/skins/skin2/controller.png

    and so on. Each directory will only have 1 cfg and 1 png file.
  10. #550  
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked. I play SNES roms on my computer using quickplay. I have all of the Roms for SNES, they are in zipfiles, something called "goodmerged," and quickplay asks me which version of the rom I want to play - like there's japanese, european, and USA, and homebrew versions of each game. Can I just copy the zip files over to my touchpad and play them on SuperNES? Or should I unzip each one of them into the Touchpad? What's the quickest way to get all of the games for SNES onto the touchpad? In zipped form it's only like 1.6gb total.
  11. #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked. I play SNES roms on my computer using quickplay. I have all of the Roms for SNES, they are in zipfiles, something called "goodmerged," and quickplay asks me which version of the rom I want to play - like there's japanese, european, and USA, and homebrew versions of each game. Can I just copy the zip files over to my touchpad and play them on SuperNES? Or should I unzip each one of them into the Touchpad? What's the quickest way to get all of the games for SNES onto the touchpad? In zipped form it's only like 1.6gb total.
    not sure but try it with a few zip files to see if it works. I use zip files and it works but it sounds like you got something totally different
  12. #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Why didn't I think of that?!?

    Yes, I can, and I will. Give me a second and I'll set it up .

    OK, attached is a version of the RPGCLEAR skin set up with the controls on -top- of the screen rather than the bottom.

    Here's an example of what it looks like - the circle on the left is your joystick, put your thumb in it and move it around, the start/select/L/R text in the image below is just so you know where these buttons are, they are fully transparent when using the skin to give you maximum screen visibility (no start/select/L/R indicators):

    Thanks for this man, this is the perfect skin for using on the touchpad. If I can figure how, I may tweak it a bit myself, as I find the buttons and joystick to be a bit too small for my fingers, and because of that they're a bit hard to home in on with how transparent it is. Still the best option for me though.
  13. #553  
    Can you please show me where to find your skins?
  14. #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by sakamano View Post
    is there any chance of having the wii remote work as a controller with this version? that would be awesome
    +1 to that request.

    This emulator running on a TP is unbelievable.. smooth as silk. Thanks for all of you efforts to make this emulator happen.

    In addition to the request above, also having the Wii classic control support would make this emulator a complete package IMHO. I have been playing the snes9x version for the iP** and miss that feature on this emulator. Guess I'm old school and like to feel the buttons on the controller. Sorry if I offend anybody by saying the four letter word above

    Thx
  15. #555  
    Okay I am having the biggest noob problem. I want to install this on my TP but cant download it cause the app store wants to send it to a phone. How in blazes do a pull my head out and download the app?
  16. #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by sypherz28 View Post
    Okay I am having the biggest noob problem. I want to install this on my TP but cant download it cause the app store wants to send it to a phone. How in blazes do a pull my head out and download the app?
    ... disregard
  17. #557  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbella View Post
    Can you please show me where to find your skins?
    dbella, all of the recent skins are posted to permalink #s: 507, 527, 528, 529, 538, & 542. Plus I have a new one on this post with visible buttons on the top which really does feel nicer on the TP. Thanks to ckwebz for the idea and ncinerate for the initial implementation. Feel free to use this skin however you like.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  18. #558  
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker6705 View Post
    Thanks for this man, this is the perfect skin for using on the touchpad. If I can figure how, I may tweak it a bit myself, as I find the buttons and joystick to be a bit too small for my fingers, and because of that they're a bit hard to home in on with how transparent it is. Still the best option for me though.
    Try this skin out. I've went ahead and increased the size of the buttons and joystick to accommodate bigger fingers. I've fiddled with the joystick deadzone a TINY bit as well.

    Once again I've left things -very- transparent, and the start/select/L/R buttons are completely invisible (but easy to find/click). Here's a pic showing the location of everything:



    Skin is attached, let me know if it suits you better. I can adjust it if it still needs some tweaking...
    Attached Files Attached Files
  19. #559  
    Nice work everyone. Nice selection of skins.

    Any word on whether there are/will be any portrait skins available? I like a lot of the landscape skins, but I'm thinking portrait might work a little better (while still preserving a fairly large viewing area).
  20. #560  
    Quote Originally Posted by luckytp View Post
    Nice work everyone. Nice selection of skins.

    Any word on whether there are/will be any portrait skins available? I like a lot of the landscape skins, but I'm thinking portrait might work a little better (while still preserving a fairly large viewing area).
    Not possible until DTZ updates, and he's pretty busy with his xserver work.

    So, figure on "soon" (TM: Valve).

Posting Permissions