Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #521  
    Wow, great stuff guys!

FWIW I haven't officially ported SuperNES to the TP yet--as you've noted it still targets the Pre's resolution. I kept it in the catalog though since it's significantly better than nothing .

Anyway, I have no ETA on touching up SuperNES for the TP, but I hope to soon. Keep your 1024x768 skins handy for when that happens, though, they look awesome!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    thanks!
    with this touchpad being a new hotness right now, things are blowing up.
    look forward to your update!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Wow, great stuff guys!

FWIW I haven't officially ported SuperNES to the TP yet--as you've noted it still targets the Pre's resolution. I kept it in the catalog though since it's significantly better than nothing .

Anyway, I have no ETA on touching up SuperNES for the TP, but I hope to soon. Keep your 1024x768 skins handy for when that happens, though, they look awesome!
    I figured this was the case. Glad to see it working, even if it is -slightly- off.

I certainly look forward to having all the screen real-estate. In the meantime, maybe I'll come out with a better transparent skin for fullscreen enjoyment on the touchpad.

Hopefully it's a fairly easy set of tweaks for you. Either way, thanks for all your hard work .
    Hey guys, i'm so sorry for asking this, but i've been going through the topic and can't find an answer. What directory are the skins located at so i can add that great touchpad skin that Rescuer was kind enough to make?
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedwilly25 View Post
    Hey guys, i'm so sorry for asking this, but i've been going through the topic and can't find an answer. What directory are the skins located at so i can add that great touchpad skin that Rescuer was kind enough to make?
    I did explain it in my post

when you plug the touchpad in and go usb drive mode, if you have superNES installed, there will be a folder /SNES/

unzip my zip into that folder. then all the files will be in
    /SNES/skins/touchpad/files*.*

I don't know how to explain any easier than that.
    by the way using a bluetooth keyboard makes playing platformers (Super Mario all-stars ) and other games so much more easier and fun
    Ok, I went ahead and made a new skin that's a bit better suited for the touchpad's size.

This is a VERY transparent skin meant to be as unobtrusive as possible while still being functional. This skin is meant to be used in fullscreen STRETCH mode (go into options in superNES and make sure stretch is on).

It works brilliantly with RPG's, which is what I've been using it for. I've limited the amount of on-screen elements. As you can see from this picture:

(NOTE: That's a composite image of what it -should- look like, the reality is you'll have a black border around the screen due to scaling to the pre's 480x320 screen which is not 4:3. In reality it'll cut slightly through the A button for example - this will not effect anything and the skin still works beautifully. Once DTZ releases an updated superNES this screenshot should reflect what you'll see.)

The circle on the left is your joystick. Place your thumb in the center of it and move it around to move. ABXY is on the right, start/select in the middle bottom. The LEFT and RIGHT shoulder buttons are NOT visualized, they are placed directly above the joystick, and the ABXY buttons. So to utilize them, simply tap just a bit above either of these controls. right/left shoulder buttons aren't used in many games, but I put it there just in case it's needed. I just didn't want to clutter the screen with a mostly-useless button. I've made everything very transparent so it won't bother you while reading text or looking at the various scenery .

At any rate, it works, it's nice, and I can easily scale it up once DTZ gives us a 1024x768 version of superNES. Unzip this attatched file into your /snes folder on the touchpad. So it should be placed into /snes/skins/RPGNEW

Hope you all like it!

EDIT: I'm also thinking about remaking this placing select in the top left corner, and start in the top right corner, and eliminating the graphics showing these things (so, big invisible buttons). That'd still make things usable, but would get rid of every possible piece of screen-clutter).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ncinerate; 08/25/2011 at 12:39 PM.
    Ok, here is the less cluttered version of the previous skin.

It looks like this (NOTE: The white text on this screenshot is just to demonstrate where the buttons are, this is NOT in the actual skin):

It's really really clean, no "start" or "select", no shoulder buttons showing, and everything is still very usable. If you need start/select it's in the corners respectively, and if you need left/right shoulder buttons, they are just above the joystick and the ABXY buttons.

Please remember to go into superNES settings and set the screen to "stretch" mode. This skin gives you maximum screen real-estate, full usability, and the least obtrusive GUI I've been able to put together that's still easily usable.

I gave my controller a little more character

here is the old one

here is the new one

Attached Images Attached Images
    I like it - the 3d buttons etc look pretty damn good given the resolution you're working with. I'm not a big fan of shrinking the screen down (I prefer the biggest visual screen possible), but this is really well done.

Nice work.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    is there any chance of having the wii remote work as a controller with this version? that would be awesome
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sakamano View Post
    is there any chance of having the wii remote work as a controller with this version? that would be awesome
    I'm going to have to second that. That would be amazing.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Readonly View Post
    I'm going to have to second that. That would be amazing.
    ive seen it on an ipad first hand, it really frees up the screen and works fantastic.
    Rescuer: I love all the work you've done on the skin. It looks quite snazy now.

Ncinerate: Great looking new rpg skin, I was thinking of making one very similar to it to have a bit more real estate on more cinematic games.

Dtz: Any word on a menu touch button and the turbo button? I'd try it myself, but the link to the open scource gave me an error, probably because I don't have VBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by sakamano View Post
    yeah I'll love that I do it all the time with my 3VO
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hi guys, If someone knows of some decent skins for portrait please let me know. I've been searching through the forums and doing google/bing around random part.

If there is not any skins, is there a program specifically used for webOS or for this emulator to making skins ourselves?

I'm more than happy to try my hand and creating my own.
    HTC HD7 > HTC Mozart > Apple iPhone 4> Blackberry 9000 - HTC Desire > HTC Touch Diamond 2 < Nokia N95-3

Scored a Touchpad 32GB - Keen to see development in that space!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have found that while holding my Touchpad in landscape playing superNES, my arms are getting quite fatigued. However, I noticed that it is a lot easier to grip near the top rather than the bottom as all these skins are designed.

ncinerate, would you be able to create a version of your Touchpad skin with the controls at the top of the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by ckwebz View Post
    I have found that while holding my Touchpad in landscape playing superNES, my arms are getting quite fatigued. However, I noticed that it is a lot easier to grip near the top rather than the bottom as all these skins are designed.

ncinerate, would you be able to create a version of your Touchpad skin with the controls at the top of the screen?
    Why didn't I think of that?!?

Yes, I can, and I will. Give me a second and I'll set it up .

OK, attached is a version of the RPGCLEAR skin set up with the controls on -top- of the screen rather than the bottom.

Here's an example of what it looks like - the circle on the left is your joystick, put your thumb in it and move it around, the start/select/L/R text in the image below is just so you know where these buttons are, they are fully transparent when using the skin to give you maximum screen visibility (no start/select/L/R indicators):

Last edited by ncinerate; 08/27/2011 at 07:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Why didn't I think of that?!?

Yes, I can, and I will. Give me a second and I'll set it up .
    Oh, fast response! Thanks for trying it out. I can wait to see it in action!! Hopefully others think it will be a nice change and start a skinning revolution!
    sledge007 likes this.
    After playing with the skin a bit I think it might be too transparent, and perhaps a bit too loose on the joystick. Let me know what you think and I'll adjust it accordingly .