Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Hi *,

I would like to know, where the emulator stores its savegames.
    I wasn't able to find them ...

Thanks in advance!

/Edit: Already found it (within this thead actualy ...)

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.supernes/savs/
    Last edited by Patron87; 04/28/2011 at 07:43 AM.
    i am having problems getting any apps from app catalog. ?I need the free app for snes emulator where can i download it from ??? Any help would be nice

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chessgod View Post
    i am having problems getting any apps from app catalog. ?I need the free app for snes emulator where can i download it from ??? Any help would be nice

Thanks
    Have you tried getting the app from Quick Install or Preware? I haven't used Quick Install in a really long time, so I'm not sure if the emulator is there, but if you have Quick Install, then it wouldn't hurt to look.

What happens when you goto download apps from the Palm App Store? Do you get an error message, or do the files just never finish downloading? Worse case, you may have to Doctor your phone back to the factor defaults.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Ok, I wasn't sure where this question would fall under, but I guess this is as good as any. I have gotten rid of my palm pre (I know *gasp*), so now I am trying to play the SNES games on my DS Lite instead. I have some save states that I would like to convert over to the proper format since I have invested so much time and effort into them. How do I convert NAME.0#.s96 extension files to NAME.SM#?

An example of a palm pre save state is like this: Harvest%20Moon%20(U).00.s96, Harvest%20Moon%20(U).01.s96, etc.
    Because the palm emulator was capable of playing straight from the .zip file, I didn't bother to extract so the original .zip file name was: Harvest%20Moon%20(U)

The extracted file is labeled: Harvest.smc
    Therefore, the save state file needs to be converted to look something like this: HARVEST.SM0, HARVEST.SM1, etc.

For further clarification, I am using the SNEmulDS emulator on the M3DS Real adapter. Everything is working fine, except for the save states. When I tried to manually fix the file extensions by simply changing the names, they don't work or load at all. I think there needs to be some sort of conversion. I have been unable to find a s96 converter anywhere and am beginning to wonder if such a thing even exists. I know it's pretty specific, but can anyone help me out? Is there an s96 converter, preferably free?
    This rocks on the Touchpad btw
    Quote Originally Posted by lcee210 View Post
    This rocks on the Touchpad btw
    How does it look on the TP? Is it full screen?
    @dtzWill: Awesome port!! Thank you for all of the time you've put into getting this emulator up and running.

@ncinerate: Thanks for all of the info on the skins.

Well... I got a Touch Pad during the recent fire sale a couple of days ago and was pleasantly surprised to find that there was an Snes emu already out there, seeing as I have a few games from times past. For anybody who is curious, it does run full screen (minus a small black strip at top and bottom due to a different aspect ratio) and it runs quite well.

Thanks to ncinerate and dtz, I was already able to create a simple skin that scales well to the screen size of the TP (smaller d-pad and buttons). I have attached a copy of the .zip for anybody who wants to play around with it. As is posted elsewhere on this forum, to use it you must create a /snes/skins folder in the root directory of your webOS device and add the folder with the .png and .cfg files in it to that folder. You can't just put the 2 files in the skins folder, they have to be in a folder within the skins folder.

There's not much of a gui since I just made it in the last couple of hours. Please feel free to add better graphics and tweek the x,y/radius settings to suit your needs. The settings in the config file make sense and I added a little to the radii on some settings to allow for button to still be pushed if your thumb rolls off the side a little. If you make improvements, please share with the community.

dtz:
    If you are still checking in with this forum, I have a request. Since the touch pad has no physical buttons and the keyboard is hidden when this app is loaded, is there any way to add touch controls for the menu and save/load states? Not sure if that would be hard, but it would sure allow for some better customization on the larger real estate of the TP. Currently, the only way to get to the menu is to hit the home button, then reenter the app. If touch_menu, touch_save1, touch_load1 where added, I would be glad to figure out the gui end of it and post results to the forum. btw, the turbo button doesn't seem to work currently. Thanks again for doing an awesome job of porting this emu!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you want to get the wheels moving on cool projects like this consider Donating to the homebrew community

PS he also has a nice Gameboy Advance Emu he could port over to the touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by lcee210 View Post
    If you want to get the wheels moving on cool projects like this consider Donating to the homebrew community

PS he also has a nice Gameboy Advance Emu he could port over to the touchpad
    I plan to. Thank you for reminding me, Ice. Have you found any other ways to get to the menu besides hitting the home button and then going back into the app?
    Will, I'm very grateful for all the work you've done. It's really great to have so many wonderful apps from developers such as yourself.

I'm afraid I'd like you to consider making a change though. Maybe you're familiar with libbsnes, and the BSNES project. The developer Byuu has some really great ideas about modernizing snes emulation. I don't think anyone would disagree with me when I say, bsnes is the most accurate emulator there is. For some people, such as those developing new snes games that they expect to be able to run on real hardware, this is an important fact. My point is, the emulator is relevant, even though SNES9x and ZSNES are generally what you'd find on someones computer. And more people use it every day.

Byuu INSIST however, that everyone use the sfc extension for roms. In short, the reasoning is smc is short for "super magicom" a chinese rom ripping device that no longer exists, while sfc is short for "super famicom." You're probably aware that's the original name of the super nintendo. He talks about it in more detail here byuu's homepage

Ever since adopting bsnes as my emulator of choice on the PC, my entire rom collection has been renamed to .sfc. As you know, webos snesemu does not recognize these files. I'd love it if you'd choose to make the changes necessary to allow this file extension.

Not only would it make things easier for me and everyone else that prefers bsnes on the PC, but I think if you consider Byuu's points you might agree that sfc should be the standard extension. Of course, I think it would be ideal if you supported BOTH smc and sfc, and left the arguably fascist evangelism to Byuu. :-D

Thanks for reading.
  11.    #511  
    Definitely familiar with bsnes, and agree with much of the work and ideas behind bsnes.

Regarding your file extension support suggestion, wonderful point, and I just committed a fix. Will push in next release (no ETA), pm me if you'd like a build made that fixes this for you and I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the suggestion and explanation!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    csplinter likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Definitely familiar with bsnes, and agree with much of the work and ideas behind bsnes.

Regarding your file extension support suggestion, wonderful point, and I just committed a fix. Will push in next release (no ETA), pm me if you'd like a build made that fixes this for you and I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the suggestion and explanation!
    That's wonderful. I've already gone ahead and renamed a handful of roms that I'll use for now, but look forward to seeing this in the future.
    Hello. I went with General Burns design and made my own
    used a SNES controller outline.
    it looks fine in photoshop, but in game it squishes, so i have to figure that out still.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8308/controller.png
    http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3088/img0202kyd.jpg

zip file attached. add to /SNES/
    so it should be /snes/skins/touchpad/files*.*

*forum isn't letting me attach zip. here it is on my server
    http://www.rscuer.com/skins.zip

gonna eat breakfast and try to tweak it a bit more to get the fonts to look better if i can figure out the squish problem
    Last edited by Rescuer; 08/24/2011 at 01:29 PM.
    Eigan likes this.
    also a little problem with displaying controller. if you switch options to portrait mode, controller graphic is turned off. if you try to switch it back on, it auto changes back to landcape mode

touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    also a little problem with displaying controller. if you switch options to portrait mode, controller graphic is turned off. if you try to switch it back on, it auto changes back to landcape mode

touchpad
    As I recall, portrait-mode skins were never implemented. It made sense on the Pre as it had a rather small screen that made portrait mode skinning virtually unusuable.

Might be worth a revisit for touchpad, since portrait is so much larger now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Definitely familiar with bsnes, t
    Quick question since you're still around DTZ . The touchpad is a perfect 4:3 aspect ratio. I imagine superNES is still set up around the 480x320 screen the Pre had (-not- 4:3). What I mean by this is stretching to full screen -should- fill the whole screen without any distortion, but at the moment, it doesn't.

Any chance we'll see an update that allows the touchpad to use the whole screen area for viewing games without distortion/stretching?

On the same note, the system seems to be simply stretching out the existing 320x480 screen rather than taking advantage of the full available resolution (and editing the skin doesn't seem to help that), any chance of a fix?

I suppose we'd need a whole new version specifically tailored for the touchpad's resolution etc.
    Hello. I went with General Burns design and made my own
    used a SNES controller outline.
    it looks fine in photoshop, but in game it squishes, so i have to figure that out still.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8308/controller.png
    http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3088/img0202kyd.jpg

zip file attached. add to /SNES/
    so it should be /snes/skins/touchpad/files*.*

*forum isn't letting me attach zip. here it is on my server
    http://www.rscuer.com/skins.zip

gonna eat breakfast and try to tweak it a bit more to get the fonts to look better if i can figure out the squish problem
    Your problem appears to be due to the fact that this program is still set up for the palm pre's odd resolution (480x320).

I could be wrong, but, here's what I think:

So your skin is 1024x600, when it actually needs to be 1024x683 to properly scale. Even then, it is shrunk down to 480x320, with predictable results when stretched to fill the touchpad screen (a poor resolution, jagged edges, etc). We need DTZ to come out with a version of superNES that supports the full 1024x768 (a proper 4:3 screen that superNES should completely fill wall-to-wall). Then we could add high resolution skins etc that should look MUCH nicer on this device.

Until he updates, there's not much we can do.
    I went ahead and edited your skin a hair to reflect what I'm saying above rescuer. Bear in mind this is -not- ideal as I said. Once DTZ puts out a new version to take advantage of the touchpad's resolution we can put out some beautiful skins .

Here's the end result, set up to scale properly, and blurred a bit to look a little better since it's going to be smashed down to a low resolution:

I'll attach the file as well, feel free to add it to your skin package or modify as needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    So your skin is 1024x600, when it actually needs to be 1024x683 to properly scale..
    thanks. i was going from 1024x768 but noticed the snes squished, so i made a "Guess" and tried x600

fixing it to 1024x683

*fixed and added to my zip in my original post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rescuer; 08/24/2011 at 03:14 PM.
    thanks. i was going from 1024x768 but noticed the snes squished, so i made a "Guess" and tried x600

fixing it to 1024x683

*fixed and added to my zip in my original post
    That'll still look a little jaggy as I said because it shrinks the image. Blurring the original image a hair actually helps quite a bit. Try the version I put up and compare it to yours and you'll see what I mean .

Not a huge difference, but I've always hated jaggys.