Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    To the Developer of SNES/GBA for Pre:

You said before it would be relatively easy to adapt these programs to Pixi, but you don't have a Pixi to develop on. If someone was to purchase you a cheap pixi on ebay, would you develop these great apps for the pixi as well? I have a pixi, and I really like it, and I would rather do it this way then switch to Pre. I would be willing to send along a pixi that came cheap (bad esn perhaps). Let me know.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Awesome work, I gave up on trying to port an SDL snes emulator months back (it just wasn't working out, even though I did have some success porting another app). Hadn't bothered to give it another shot now that the pdk is floating around....

So, was it a difficult port? Pretty easy now with 1.4.5? Is this a port of SNES9x SDL? Did you use the new pdk or were you using the home-grown porting hodge-podge?

Ahh, I'll stop with all the questions! It's just that seeing all these fast-ported apps hitting webos is making my head spin with possibilities. Maybe I need to look into porting again and see if it isn't a bit more friendly to my decade old coding skills. I'm starting to wonder if perhaps my beloved ur-quan masters (star control 2) can be ported over now with reasonable ease (I had -some- success before with the SDL version several months ago but couldn't get it working properly, and it's been ported to a maemo, so it should work)..... I think i need to read up about how people are porting things now that 1.4.5 is out and perhaps give it another shot.

Thanks again for the awesome apps.

Ncinerate
    So, I'm curious. How did the port of Ur-Quan Masters turn out?
    Seems like VBA and SuperNES arent working under 2.1.0, atleast on my pre- i can open those programs up fine,even scroll the lists but i cant select anything.
    Anyone else has the same problem?

PS: other pdk apps i tried worked just fine
  4.    #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Seems like VBA and SuperNES arent working under 2.1.0, atleast on my pre- i can open those programs up fine,even scroll the lists but i cant select anything.
    Anyone else has the same problem?

PS: other pdk apps i tried worked just fine
    Yep, I have this fixed in git and will be pushing when I get a chance.

The input event stuff in webos 2.0 is a lot more responsive and accurate (WOOO) and the code needed to be updated to accomodate that. This also makes the on-screen controls more usable in my experience. We'll see what you guys think .

If you don't see it soon bug me, this should be pushed! I'm at work ATM otherwise I'd do it presently.

Thanks for bringing this up, SonicNKT!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    wow fast answer great to hear this is fixed soon.
    as always... great work dtzwill!!!
  6.    #486  
    Quote Originally Posted by thornej4 View Post
    To the Developer of SNES/GBA for Pre:

You said before it would be relatively easy to adapt these programs to Pixi, but you don't have a Pixi to develop on. If someone was to purchase you a cheap pixi on ebay, would you develop these great apps for the pixi as well? I have a pixi, and I really like it, and I would rather do it this way then switch to Pre. I would be willing to send along a pixi that came cheap (bad esn perhaps). Let me know.
    Thanks for the offer, *very* generous.

I actually finally got my hands on a pixi, and have started porting over the apps. Unfortunately initial performance isn't the best, and I'm investigating that.

I'll post for sure when I have something for people to help test!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

While you're at it, a reset game confirmation dialog would be nice.

Aka, "Are you sure you want to reset the game?" or something of that sort.

As the reset game button is pretty much in the exact same location as the Y button on many of the onscreen gamepads, if you accidentally hit the gesture area (which is obviously close to the A button) and then it goes to the menu, you can very easily find yourself accidentally resetting the game.

I've probably done it ten times or so myself.
  8.    #488  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    While you're at it, a reset game confirmation dialog would be nice.

Aka, "Are you sure you want to reset the game?" or something of that sort.

As the reset game button is pretty much in the exact same location as the Y button on many of the onscreen gamepads, if you accidentally hit the gesture area (which is obviously close to the A button) and then it goes to the menu, you can very easily find yourself accidentally resetting the game.

I've probably done it ten times or so myself.
    Will do, thank you! Feel free to keep the suggestions coming, much appreciated!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Where is the state save on the phone? I would like to back them up to my computer for safe keeping. Also, could I play state saves that I have on my computer from other emulators? It would be awesome to play at home then continue on the Pre.
  10.    #490  
    SuperNES 1.0.4 Released!

Changelog:
    • WebOS 2.0 support!
    • Confirm before resetting the game!
    • Fix some minor memory leaks

Thanks for the feedback/reports/suggestions!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by dtzWill; 02/28/2011 at 11:01 PM.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

is it possible to add a new controller skin where the direction pad is a bit smaller? i have serious problems performing shoryukens xD
  12.    #492  
    1.0.4 approved for App Catalog .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

I Wonder of this Works with the icontrolpad on 2.x? Thinking about buying it for my phone and netbook
    SMALL BUG:
    The emulator quits, when you minimize the card during the game, then open it again (its now in the menu) and you choose the option to start another game. It wont happen if you just go to the menu with the gesture and not minimizing the card.
  15.    #495  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    SMALL BUG:
    The emulator quits, when you minimize the card during the game, then open it again (its now in the menu) and you choose the option to start another game. It wont happen if you just go to the menu with the gesture and not minimizing the card.
    Bah thought that silly bug was fixed. You are using the latest version and whatnot, right?

Thanks for the report!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

I think so, atleast thats what my device tells me, there was only 1 update since 2.1 right? the one that fixed the romlauncher?
    Any possibility of adding bluetooth gamepad support?
    did anyone try a bt keyboard yet? i dont have one yet but its coming soon i hope.
    The iControlPad for example allows to show up as a bt keyboard (tho its analog sticks wont work in this mode).
    The author of the nes.emu and pce.emu app from the app catalog says those emus work fine with the icontrolpad
    IControlPad - Pandora Wiki

Hope dtzwill add support to, or maybe its allready working, who knows
    I can't play NHL 96 Pre + Verizon. I have overclocking enabled does this cause issues?
    a bit more information please... complete rom name, SuperNES version, WebOS Version, and what exactly happens if you launch it.
    Overclocking has nothing to with it when all other games work fine