Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Hey Will, what's up.

v.1.0.3 so far during my play through has worked wonderfully.

I'll continue to run through the app.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    Sorry about the double post but I figured I may as well be polite and share the horizontal skin I just put together as well. I hope I am not stepping on toes and as I am very new here feel free to let me know if I am.

Anyways, this one should be good. I'm still trying to get the hang of where the radius puts things as I want it to be sensitive but not overlapping. If you happen to like this and do any tweaks please share them back up

Zip file holds 3 variants plus the config file.
    Thanks for the skin yesterdayze, I like the look of it (although I prefer fullscreen transparent).

I noticed you had the screen inproperly placed, so it was cutting off the top part of the visible screen (in mario kart for example, this caused you to be unable to see the powerup you had). I went ahead and adjusted things (Y offset needs to be 33 for the skin you made).

Now it should fill up the whole space with games like Mario World, although do note some games have slightly different aspect ratios (like chrono trigger) and may have a small black bar at the bottom of the screen as a result...

I am reposting the corrected zip file and I went ahead and added it to the skins thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ncinerate; 09/29/2010 at 11:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    ...... I am reposting the corrected zip file and I went ahead and added it to the skins thread over at
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-themes/supernes-skins-thread.html
    Thank you! I appreciate it. I did the screen after work last night while trying to keep my eyes open without any coffee lol. Not always the best idea.

I do like the full screen transparent too I just run into trouble trying to play the game with my thumb covering half the screen lol The goal I was going for was to have a nice layout that allows controls to be used without blocking the screen but still be able to use as much real estate as possible screen wise.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    One quick question on your changes to the conf file. On my palm pre setting the "touch_screen_y_offset" to 33 puts the screen WAY down on my display whereas setting it to 8 puts it dead centered in the box on all the test I run. (I tried it with and without transparency to make sure it looked correct as far as centering) Are there maybe different settings for different people? I'm not sure if you have a pre plus or regular pre but maybe there is a difference?
    This makes no sense to me... If you look at the image of the skin, the screen is clearly more than 7 pixels down on the image (the top bar is 33 pixels or thereabouts). Here, I included a picture that demonstrates what I'm saying...

Your screen should therefor -not- be dead center with 7px on your Y offset... The intercepts are exact, they tell the screen where to put itself to-the-pixel. 7 px Y intercept puts the screen 26 pixels north of the proper location, covered by the top bar on your skin...

Any idea why he is having issues DTZ? Makes no sense to me.

One note - I'm still using 1.01 (still cant seem to update through the app catalog and I just haven't bothered visiting the webos doctor yet because I don't want to go through the whole reinstall everything headache getting the phone back to the way I like it). Perhaps there is a difference or a bug that has occurred since 1.01 that is affecting you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ncinerate; 09/29/2010 at 11:43 AM.
    This makes no sense to me... If you look at the image of the skin, the screen is clearly more than 7 pixels down on the image (the top bar is 33 pixels or thereabouts).

Your screen should therefor -not- be dead center with 7px on your Y offset... The intercepts are exact, they tell the screen where to put itself to-the-pixel. 7 px Y intercept puts the screen 26 pixels north of the proper location, covered by the top bar on your skin...

One note - I'm still using 1.01 (still cant seem to update through the app catalog and I just haven't bothered visiting the webos doctor yet because I don't want to go through the whole reinstall everything headache getting the phone back to the way I like it). Perhaps there is a difference or a bug that has occurred since 1.01 that is affecting you.
    Hmmm, I am running the latest update, so maybe ?

Yeah, I was a little baffled when I ran into that last night as well. Originally when I measured it and set it I put it at 34 and it was way off so I trial and errored it to 7 (8 appears dead on).

Let me see if I can take some pictures here of it both ways as a screenshot won't work fullscreen.

*EDIT*

Here are the screen shots. Well known ones for testing purposes only of course. Sorry about the quality... had to use my buddies Iphone to do it.

As you can see the ones that are way off are what happens when I set it to 33. I have included two sets of it set to 8. 1 set with it above the skin and one with it below to show that it is indeed centered. For the ones with it set at 33 I left it on top of the skin as you wouldn't have really seen much otherwise.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by yesterdayze; 09/29/2010 at 12:07 PM.
    Can someone help/link me with getting started on this? I have the Super NES app loaded on my Pre and some zipped roms on my PC. How do I get the zip files to play on the Pre?
    how about reading the wiki, the link is in the first post of this thread or even in the help menu of the app itself.
  8.    #428  

One note - I'm still using 1.01 (still cant seem to update through the app catalog
    That's the issue. I changed the way skins work so that you instead define the skin "screen" top left corner and dimensions, and supernes will scale AND center in that area, because that seems a more natural definition, and made it so skin designers didn't have to center it by hand, etc, which is specifically important when you consider that games can have different resolutions (and veeery much important in VBA).

For the reasons above, this seems like the way to go, and for the most part I tried to update the "official" skins appropriately. If this seems bad despite those reasons, I'm open for discussion . It's supposed to help skin designers and increase quality, and if that's not accomplished it should be revisited.

re:missing updates, email me and I can ship you the ipk if you'd like .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    I would like some oblong button skins, with a larger touch area for up on the d-pad, and a smaller for the down. This would help eliminate accidental touches of the area for games like Super Mario World, which I'm constantly hitting the down/up at the same time. :P
  10.    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I would like some oblong button skins, with a larger touch area for up on the d-pad, and a smaller for the down. This would help eliminate accidental touches of the area for games like Super Mario World, which I'm constantly hitting the down/up at the same time. :P
    Not trying to be cheeky, but quite seriously--try making it! Given your passion for UI/etc it seems you're not unfamiliar with your graphical editor....and the cfg stuff is fairly straightforward although maybe some of the actual skin designers can tell you what they think .

But I think it's quite a bit less daunting than one would imagine, the graphical stuff being most of the hardwork I /think/.

Just a thought
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    the following info is from Application:SuperNES - WebOS Internals

Installing ROMS to the device
    ...Now connect your Pre to your computer via USB mode. Once the Pre shows up on your computer, open it. You now should be at the "root" of your Pre's storage. If you look at the folders in the root, there should be a few including the "wallpapers", and "ringtones" folders. Create a folder called "snes" (no caps). Click on that and inside that create a folder called "roms" (again, no caps). Copy the ROMs from your computer and move them here. DO NOT put the ROMs (.smc,.zip) in folders within the "roms" folder.. If you still don't see your ROMs, try rebooting your device.
    Hey,

First off, this is so AWESOME! I love this! I do have a question, though. Where are the save files kept, and what are they labeled as, .sav? I'm trying to get them on my computer, so that I can play it on my comp as well, but can't seem to figure out where they're placed, any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by LJZaur View Post
    Hey,

First off, this is so AWESOME! I love this! I do have a question, though. Where are the save files kept, and what are they labeled as, .sav? I'm trying to get them on my computer, so that I can play it on my comp as well, but can't seem to figure out where they're placed, any help?
    that info is a couple pages or so back.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

as of the app catalog version they are saved in the place were the app lies.
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.supernes/savs/

you can use internalz to see and edit those files.

@dtzwill:
    so saves are stored in the app directory because its not possible to write on the internal drive? (atleast on some stock pres, not modified).
    what i wonder is that i have an appdata folder on the internal drive that contains several save files for other webos apps, are those just ignoring the fact that it wouldnt work on some pres?
    DOH!!! I completely forgot that I have the snes save game files root (for app catalog installed version) saved in my memos lol
    I could have easily answered that question for you LJZaur.

Thanks for posting that up Sonik-NKT and everyone else who posted that before as well
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

hey I'm wondering what people find to be the best way to use controls for the games?

basically if it's a skin, how to I download it and if somone has a better way to just change the default controls please let me know. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtek119 View Post
    hey I'm wondering what people find to be the best way to use controls for the games?

basically if it's a skin, how to I download it and if somone has a better way to just change the default controls please let me know. Thanks
    There is no "best way". it is all a matter of preference and what is most comfortable for you while playing.

I personally prefer using the keyboard, depending on which game I am playing.

Do you need help configuring the keyboard keys?

To do that, just hit the tab key (white or orange button) hold it down and then hit either = or ? from there just follow the instructions. It will go in order of up,down,left,right,start,enter,L,R,Y,X,A,B and Turbo i believe in that order, I could be a bit off. So basically for each key from the emulated SNES controller, you pick where on your qwerty keyboard you want each button designated to.

Some people like to also use a combination of the touchscreen with the keyboard. SO just do the same for the buttons you desire.

I hope that was helpful to you.

Enjoy

EDIT: To change skins- from the ROM selection screen click menu, it is in the lower left corner. Click skins and go from there.

If you are in a game, gesture swipe back and it will take you to the menu, again, click skins from there.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/30/2010 at 12:33 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Sweet! Thanks for the quick help!
    Quote Originally Posted by LJZaur View Post
    Sweet! Thanks for the quick help!
    No problem, I am glad i could help. Just click the Thanks button on that post to show your appreciation
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Just want to offer my congratulations on the Hot Apps contest. No official announcement as of right now, but as of last night, looked like you were sitting in 3rd place. Way to go!! Great apps, great support....looking forward to whatever else you have up your sleeve
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel