Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    sounds like you need to run the EmergencyFStab fixer, could be wrong but I think that's what it is. If you did your 1.4.5 update over the air (OTA) then you need to open Preware and run that program. Try that out and get back to us.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  2.    #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by zineesh View Post
    hi

i have recently installed some roms, all with smc file extension, when i go into the app the game shows up on the list but when you click on it, the screen goes blank and then it goes back to the palm pre home screen..

any suggestion would be great

p.s the app is awesome
    Bummer. What games are showing this behavior?

If you got them to show up in the list you're doing that all correctly, and since they're not zips no chance of zip issues. Comes down to:

As someone said it's possible you just have a bad ROM, and that happens. Try a different one.

Also it's possible that you're trying to run games with chips that aren't supported in SuperNES. Tell me what you're trying and I'll look into it .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  3.    #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by NiycePalm View Post
    Awwwh I'm still trying to figure out how to copy ROMs into /snes/roms!! I can't wait to get this emulator rolling.
    Seems like a number of people posted help to your issue, and I don't have much to add. Post back if it's still not working .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    hi, the roms i had previous must of been faulty, i just installed another batch of roms they all seem to run even the games i had problems with previously. the only problem i am having now is when i swipe back to go back into the menu the app freezes and then boots you out, so you have to relaunch the app. I dont know if that is because i have alot of roms (few hundred) in the rom folder or not..
    Quote Originally Posted by zineesh View Post
    hi, the roms i had previous must of been faulty, i just installed another batch of roms they all seem to run even the games i had problems with previously. the only problem i am having now is when i swipe back to go back into the menu the app freezes and then boots you out, so you have to relaunch the app. I dont know if that is because i have alot of roms (few hundred) in the rom folder or not..
    I'm pushing 220+ I experience slow scrolling as I browse my roms list, but I have not experienced a freeze/boot. I'll get more roms put in and i'll return with any changes, if any.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  6.    #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I'm pushing 220+ I experience slow scrolling as I browse my roms list, but I have not experienced a freeze/boot. I'll get more roms put in and i'll return with any changes, if any.
    Yeah it's not super optimized for high levels, I'll look into reworking it to be less lame on huge lists of ROMs, it's conceivable the crashes people are seeing are because of the way it renders the list taking up linearly more memory with more ROMs. Guess I just implemented a rom selector to get things working and never revisited the design decisions .

Thanks for poking me about it enough to get me to do something about it .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

All of your work is greatly appreciated. I will definitely get around to donating
    I've got tons of ROMs laying around from my PSP, I'm also greatly considering VBA on my shopping list of apps.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Yeah it's not super optimized for high levels, I'll look into reworking it to be less lame on huge lists of ROMs, it's conceivable the crashes people are seeing are because of the way it renders the list taking up linearly more memory with more ROMs. Guess I just implemented a rom selector to get things working and never revisited the design decisions .

Thanks for poking me about it enough to get me to do something about it .
    your probably right initially when i had about 5-7 roms i never had any freezing issues, i have now over 700 and it freezes only when i logout the game to go back to the menu.. never in game...
    hey dtzwill, can you give us a changelog for the latest update in the app catalog?
    Just the new Rom Launcher?
  10.    #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    hey dtzwill, can you give us a changelog for the latest update in the app catalog?
    Just the new Rom Launcher?
    Sorry, didn't expect Palm to push it so fast!

Changelog:

(It's weird b/c the app cat has you enter the changelog but AFAICT it doesn't show up anywhere? o_O)

• Attempt to create the 'snes/roms' folders if the fstab bug isn't plaguing this device.
    • Better handling of large ROM collections (fixes crash)
    • Kinetic scrolling in rom selector.
    • Added two skins.
    • Added scrollbar to rom selector.

Enjoy!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

^^^^

Pre|central Peacekeepers

12.    #412  
    SuperNES 1.0.3:

(Should be in app catalog sometime on Sep 28th)

Changelog:

• Fix crash in rom selector
    • Better handling of small lists.
    • Center the screen in the skin's virtual screen

Enjoy, and happy gaming!

~Will

PS My apologies for pushing yesterday's release that crashed sometimes. Quality control fail .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Coolness . That's wonderful news Will. (You don't mind if I just call you Will do you?)

I'll be sure to post feedback on both of the latest updates to the changelog after testing the update out once it is released.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

14.    #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Coolness . That's wonderful news Will. (You don't mind if I just call you Will do you?)

I'll be sure to post feedback on both of the latest updates to the changelog after testing the update out once it is released.
    Haha "Will" is just fine.

Thanks for testing, appreciate it

I'm, uh, "testing" right now actually . Illusion of Gaia works well so far, but better keep playing... to make sure...
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

I hear a lot of good stuff about that game. I'll have to check it out some time.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

16.    #416  
    Hi guys,

Does anyone have problems running/using the latest update? (v1.0.3)

Someone posted a review asking for help since the update made the app "not work", which besides being annoying (no way to respond to support request via review ) and nebulous ("won't work"?) causes me to be concerned about the userbase as a whole and whether or not the update works for them. And of course despite my commentary above I'm concerned about that user's bad experience too .

I'm very interested in knowing about any failures in this update, particularly of the crash variety, although any other regressions or similar I'm interested in too.

Please let me know if the update works (well mostly if it doesn't ) for you, because if there's a problem I would of course like to resolve it ASAP.

If no one tells me, I can't fix it (if I saw the issue personally I would have already fixed it or at least noted it somewhere)..

Anyway, please let me know guys . Thanks!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Will, thank you for your awesome work on this. I think it's safe to say we all appreciate it! I have been absolutely amazed at how quickly you are updating this emulator.

I've been playing around with making some new skins and fitting the onscreen controls a little better. I know a few people mentioned their desire for portrait mode skin support. I tossed one together as well that I greatly modified from another NES emulator skin. (I didn't include the config file as I am not sure what direction the measurements will come from though I did set one up that I believe would be correct.)

I was also curious, would it be possible to make it so 'groups' of buttons can be associated to a single button in the emulator? For example "t,Y" to left, 'h,j' to up 'b,v' to right and 'g,f' to down. The reasoning behind this being that with how small the keys are this would help make it easier to not 'fat finger' the keys.

I know you have a huge list and I don't want to add to that if this is tough, just curious

(*Note to the gentlemen that made the original* There is no intent to steal from you, just very impressed with your work and wanted to make a similar one for this )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by yesterdayze; 09/28/2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Addendum
    Sorry about the double post but I figured I may as well be polite and share the horizontal skin I just put together as well. I hope I am not stepping on toes and as I am very new here feel free to let me know if I am.

Anyways, this one should be good. I'm still trying to get the hang of where the radius puts things as I want it to be sensitive but not overlapping. If you happen to like this and do any tweaks please share them back up

Zip file holds 3 variants plus the config file.

Wasn't happy with how the corners turned out as I used rounded edges without thinking. I should have made them less of a turn or something.

Is there anyway to tell my skin to float over the screen as opposed to under it? That would make for a really nice effect!

*EDIT* As per Will's notes below I have gone ahead and made this use transparency. I also tightened up the sense radius and made the rounded edges smoother and the height correct. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by yesterdayze; 09/28/2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: fix to config file
  19.    #419  
    Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    Sorry about the double post but I figured I may as well be polite and share the horizontal skin I just put together as well. I hope I am not stepping on toes and as I am very new here feel free to let me know if I am.

Anyways, this one should be good. I'm still trying to get the hang of where the radius puts things as I want it to be sensitive but not overlapping. If you happen to like this and do any tweaks please share them back up

Zip file holds 4 variants plus the config file.

Wasn't happy with how the corners turned out as I used rounded edges without thinking. I should have made them less of a turn or something.

Is there anyway to tell my skin to float over the screen as opposed to under it? That would make for a really nice effect!
    Yep. Just set 'touch_transparent=1' in controller.cfg, and it will be drawn on top. Then you can use the alpha channel in controller.png to work as you'd expect .

Oh and definitely not stepping on anyone's toes, thank you for your work on these skins!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Yep. Just set 'touch_transparent=1' in controller.cfg, and it will be drawn on top. Then you can use the alpha channel in controller.png to work as you'd expect .

Oh and definitely not stepping on anyone's toes, thank you for your work on these skins!
    Excellent! Thanks for the 'how to'; I went ahead and made those changes and it looks a ton better!