Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    So, since there isn't a skins thread for superNES I figured I'd post this here. I will make a skins thread as well in the webos themes forum and get things started there.

This is my latest skin. I've played around a bit with the joystick and I feel this is as good as I can make it work (although as I've said before, I use a reduce drag radius 15px patch so YMMV - you can edit the joystick radius and deadzone easily by opening the .cfg file and changing the numbers).

I've added all the buttons, L/R and select/start without taking up undue real estate since people have asked for them repeatedly. I've centered the screen to fit properly if the player chooses NOT to use stretched landscape view, although I highly recommend it...

The joystick is a circle you put your thumb in and move around accordingly by sliding it around. The buttons are -fairly- transparent, so they blend in decently when you are standing and wont cover text but they still but pop out nicely when you're moving. I also put the joystick on the left hand side since most of the feedback I've gotten says people would prefer it there. Everything seems about as perfect as I can make it. I've included the skin and a shot of what it looks like in use. Hope you all like it!

Feel free to add it to the official app if you'd like DTZ, you might even consider replacing a few of my older skins with it as I feel this is a bit more comprehensive...

If anyone has any issues or any requests just let me know, I hope you all love this skin as much as I do!
    Wow, thanks ncinerate!

Since you're the expert, which skins do you think this should replace?

Additionally if I were to fix the centering bug, offhand do you think that will break any of your skins?

Seems you generally specify exactly where the screen goes and I believe that works... but just thought I'd ask, I know you put a good amount of time into getting things to work just right .

Thanks!!!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I needed to step back for a second, and remind myself that this forum isn't like the few trusted CFW PSP sites out there. Info and files were openly shared.
    I got all caught up in the excitement of emulators again.
    It brought back the excitement of when I had my moded PSP with emulators for the first time, a few years back. Everything ranging from Atari, all the way to PS1 and everything between.
    We all get caught up in the excitment, I get caught too often myself. Nice to see your passion for classic game systems, they do have problem of taken up too much of my time though
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Wow, thanks ncinerate!

Since you're the expert, which skins do you think this should replace?

Additionally if I were to fix the centering bug, offhand do you think that will break any of your skins?

Seems you generally specify exactly where the screen goes and I believe that works... but just thought I'd ask, I know you put a good amount of time into getting things to work just right .

Thanks!!!
    It's hard to tell which skins you have in the official app (I have alot of testing skins in my folder). I think you put the zelda, RPG, and RPGJOY skin in the official app... If anything I'd say replace the RPGJOY skin if you do have it in there... The RPG skin is messed up as well with improper screen-placement when not played in landscape stretch, and RPGFULL has all of RPG's features plus an onscreen joystick that's fairly unobtrusive... You could probably replace both of those skins with no skin off anyones back...

Eh, just replace RPGJOY with RPGFULL and call it good at that. I'd say replace RPG too but someone might still be using it for the fullscreen-with-just-buttons and slider open for the keyboard use as a joystick.... It's not a bad skin and it appears to be working properly now that I look at it. I attempted to just have the joystick/abxy buttons onscreen but as I played through a few games I ended up a bit annoyed that I had to constantly open the slider to hit start or L/R (thought it wouldn't be that prevalent but it's actually more used then I remembered). Nice to have it all onscreen - as long as it's sufficiently transparent .

As for fixing the screen placement bug, it shouldn't break anything I've done (most of mine are meant to be used in fullscreen stretch). If it does mess with placement on anything I can fix it pretty easily (takes me a few seconds to exit it and toss it to the phone with filezilla - I'll fix anything that needs to be fixed). Go ahead and fix the bug .
    Last edited by ncinerate; 09/24/2010 at 08:36 PM.
    Could someone please share where the saves are stored? They used to be stored along with the roms but now they have some secret location. Used to be quite handy to move back and forth from the computer.
  5.    #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by nakomaru View Post
    Could someone please share where the saves are stored? They used to be stored along with the roms but now they have some secret location. Used to be quite handy to move back and forth from the computer.
    The SNES roms were never (in any release I made) stored with your ROMs...

Pretty sure....

The reason they're not there is because of the PDK fstab bug, sorry .

They're in

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.supernes/savs

Assuming you're using the App Catalog version (newest, etc).

If you're still on the preware version, you'll want

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.supernes.preware/savs

Hope this helps
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Wow, what a quick reply! Thanks so much! I must have confused it for VisualBoy Adance, which did that as I recall.
    Very handy root. Thank you very much dtzWill

EDIT: Authentic thanks tab click on your posting #385
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/24/2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: add on thanks :)
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't see this in the App Catalog or anywhere in PreWare. I've scoured the forum and I feel like I might be the only one. Any help is appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by allstarlizard View Post
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't see this in the App Catalog or anywhere in PreWare. I've scoured the forum and I feel like I might be the only one. Any help is appreciated!
    *type in snes in the app catalog and hit enter.

*try updating your feeds in preware.

What webos version are you running?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by allstarlizard View Post
    I found it by typing supernes into the search box of the App Store. Are you using a Pre/Pre+ with 1.4.5?
    Thanks for the replies. I'm using the latest 1.4.5 on a palm pre plus for AT&T in the US. I just realized that my preware didn't have the app catalog feed installed on my phone. I was able to find it under 'snes' after I updated the palm catalog feed in preware, but it still doesn't show up in the regular App Catalog for me...weird.
    nevermind... when I clicked on it in preware, the app catalog opened up and told me "this application cannot run on your current operating system. Use the updates app to install the system updates and try again." I've done a few tweaks and hacks to my phone, but no doctored kernels or anything. I guess I'll just have to cut my losses.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Much appreciated. I LOVE Super MarioKart!
    I have a confession to make.
    SuperNES rom has been such a conversation starter every where I go. Especially at this local pub I go to where they have lots and lots of board games,classic to new, darts and pool. I actually met a couple of pretty cute girls who have Pre's also, so it was a great ice breaker. Thank you dtzWill, I got a couple of numbers last night thanx to SuperNES
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

15.    #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I have a confession to make.
    SuperNES rom has been such a conversation starter every where I go. Especially at this local pub I go to where they have lots and lots of board games,classic to new, darts and pool. I actually met a couple of pretty cute girls who have Pre's also, so it was a great ice breaker. Thank you dtzWill, I got a couple of numbers last night thanx to SuperNES
    That is amazing.

(Thanks for sharing! )
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Awwwh I'm still trying to figure out how to copy ROMs into /snes/roms!! I can't wait to get this emulator rolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiycePalm View Post
    Awwwh I'm still trying to figure out how to copy ROMs into /snes/roms!! I can't wait to get this emulator rolling.
    Pretty straight forward...if you're using the USB cable to your computer, open up your phone you should have a folder "SNES" open that up, you should have 2 folders "roms" and "skins"...drag your roms from wherever they are on your computer into "roms" and that's it, you're done.

Your other option is to open up "Internalz"(found in Preware) if you don't have the directories, once you tap on to "snes" if you tap the top left you can "Create Directory" (roms) then if you have downloaded the roms directly to your phone you have to find it (usually in the"downloads" directory), tap on it, select move and then you'll have to pick /media/internal(hit the +, not the name) and then scroll down to "snes", hit the + again, then tap roms.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Pretty straight forward...if you're using the USB cable to your computer, open up your phone you should have a folder "SNES" open that up, you should have 2 folders "roms" and "skins"...drag your roms from wherever they are on your computer into "roms" and that's it, you're done.

Your other option is to open up "Internalz"(found in Preware) if you don't have the directories, once you tap on to "snes" if you tap the top left you can "Create Directory" (roms) then if you have downloaded the roms directly to your phone you have to find it (usually in the"downloads" directory), tap on it, select move and then you'll have to pick /media/internal(hit the +, not the name) and then scroll down to "snes", hit the + again, then tap roms.
    He can also just make a new folder in usb mode if snes isn't there after installing the app. That's what I did after I found that I did not have the snes folder. Click new folder,name it snes, inside that folder click new folder again and name it roms. Bam, done, jumping on koopa troppa's heads
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    hi

i have recently installed some roms, all with smc file extension, when i go into the app the game shows up on the list but when you click on it, the screen goes blank and then it goes back to the palm pre home screen..

any suggestion would be great

p.s the app is awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by zineesh View Post
    hi

i have recently installed some roms, all with smc file extension, when i go into the app the game shows up on the list but when you click on it, the screen goes blank and then it goes back to the palm pre home screen..

any suggestion would be great

p.s the app is awesome
    Some roms don't perform. You may just have to find the same rom at another rom site and download it.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers