Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by azumak View Post
    Another amazing emulator port, well done! I look forward to purchasing it. I was thinking of making a quick video to showcase some commercial ROMs on it. And yes, as it was said, very feature-rich for a 0.0.2 release. Ran games on par or even better (Kirby Super Star) than my GP2x Wiz. Awesome stuff! Oh, and I love that pressing a letter jumps to that in the list, nice touch.
    Thank you thank you, and very glad it works for you! Haha and feature-leaching code from my other port made this come together rather quickly . Glad you like the letter-jumping, VBA has it too fwiw, not sure how familiar you are. Definitely a must for large ROM collections .

Although, I did find an odd, and reproducible bug! It's been so long I'm a little stoked about it lol, sorry! xD On 2 games now, first with Super Mario RPG, the back gesture will cause it to load state 3, while saying it saved state 3. Very odd. It also gave odd results when saving/loading states in SMRPG, but only that. Like saving state one would show up in all 3 when loaded after the back swipe. Star Fox gave a slightly different behavior, back gesture would go to menu as normal, but returning to Star Fox loaded state 3 like before. Only happened on these 2 out of 15+ games. Also, a card-view swipe up still goes to menu just fine without causing an automatic state-load. Sprint Pre, OTA to 1.4.5 with FStab fix, 1ghz through F105, if ya need any more info, lemme know!
    Ah, first bug report! . And yes that is a bit odd... I'll definitely look into that. I recently refactored a bunch of the keyboard handling code (to support customizable keybindings) so I probably did something silly there. I'll definitely let you know if I can't reproduce it or can't figure out what's wrong.. thanks for the offer!

I'm shocked Star Fox and Stunt Race FX even loaded, the framerates were great despite having no vehicle/enemies, lol! No surprise there, I really couldn't care less. What does surprise me though, is that SMW2: Yoshi's Island is playing perfectly so far! Wow! I wasn't expecting that one.
    Yeah it supports super fx to some extent, but can be a bit fickle. Thanks for the reports!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Maybe I should/could pull an LJP and merge them .
    Hey, thanks for the pointer. I actually got Final Fantasy 3 (NES) running on Little John PalmOS in Classic, sorta. Haven't figured out how to map keyboard controls yet. It's just kinda crazy running an emulator within an emulator on a phone...

But to more directly answer your question I presently have no NES emulator plans, sorry. One thing at a time .
    Of course. Not meaning to be greedy, you just got me interested in revisting some of these classics! I'd been playing through the Final Fantasies in order over a number of years and left off toward the end of FF3...
    WOW! Great job. Zelda was 1 of my favorit games as a child and I now have it on my phone. Awesome! Thanks for all your hard work.
    Impressive! Just tried Super Mario World and it ran BLAZING fast. Almost too fast. (running UK @1Ghz)

Have to see if I can tweak the control scheme in such a way that it's reasonably playable.

Very nice!!!
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Brings a tear to my eye

Thanks for the hard work! if any lol.

Time to find my old games
    I'm going to download and check this out. I'd also love a NES emulator from you when you get this one tweaked out. Will this have a virtual controls setup like with VBA? I know on the pre the video area would be small but down the road on larger screen devices it won't be as cramped especially with a tablet where you could really go all out on virtual control themes.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Just spent an hour playing NBA Jam.. Oh my goodness, that brought back tender memories! thanks for making this emulator! Of course, controls are a bit hard to get used to, but after mapping the controls to my taste, I was doing pretty good.
    Mario Kart runs really great too!! aaaaah Im going to cry from joy
    works gwell over here i played f-zero, final fight, and araknoid with no problems so far. for some reason after i created the /snes/roms directory it still wouldnt recognize my roms. i did a quick luna restart and it was fine
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Nice to see this hit the public
    The awesome thing in this emu is the very good frameskipping i think.. so even if a games just runs at 45/60 it plays like fullspeed. and switching transparency is also a good solution for speeding up games without overclocking.
    Overclocking is only really needed for those games with a custom chip like YoshisIsland, Kirbys Dreamland 3 and so on.

i will put some screenshots and a video up on the wiki page soon.

EDIT:
    just deleted the snes9x version and installed the SuperNES Version.
    And i noticed some bugs that were not in the snes9x release....
    in some games the back gesture (for ingame MENU) doesnt work, instead it shows that it has written to savestate 3. sometimes done sometimes failed..
    when you minimize the card after that and open it up again the menu shows up.
    (Super Mario World (U), RType3 (PAL), SUper Bomberman 5 (J))

Other Ideas for the next Version:
    # the reset button i talked in the vba thread would be a nice addition.
    # dont display "_" in the Rom Launcher
    # scrolling long filenames in the Rom Launcher
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 08/28/2010 at 07:58 AM.

I hope you do look at porting those things and I'd be happy to help in any way I can when you do so. Feel free to email me or contact me on IRC if you'd like.

Good luck
    Thanks for answering my questions, I was attempting to do almost exactly the same thing with SNES9x and couldn't get it working using the homegrown toolchain. Wouldn't compile properly and it gave me fits for days . I assumed something must have changed now that 1.4.5 was out to make it a bit easier.

Now I know the problem existed between the chair and the keyboard.

Maybe it's time to go play around with ur quan masters again. I got it to compile and run on the phone but ended up with nothing but a black screen. Perhaps a second attempt using the homegrown toolchain can get things going properly...
    aweeeesome emulator. Runs perfect! Was a bit worried it would have a lag like vba but it did not! Not at all! Controls are a nit hard in some games that require diagnal movements but overall works. (looking forward to onscreen controls) one thing I had a problem with as did someone else, is mario rpg. Back swiping loaded an old save state and all my save states seem to all be the same so it kinda stinks because I've gotten so far and backswiped a couple times and went back to first savestate and that sucks! Normally each save state would be like a save slot that autosaves and you an save on demand right? Anyway once fixed it'll be good! Looking forward to future enhancements!
    ok so i made a folder on the USB snes then a rom folder in that. I then put a file in there (its states its .smc is that ok or does it have to say rom) then I open up the emulator and all I get is just the directions screen. Where do I find the screen to play the file I inserted?
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    works gwell over here i played f-zero, final fight, and araknoid with no problems so far. for some reason after i created the /snes/roms directory it still wouldnt recognize my roms. i did a quick luna restart and it was fine
    let me try a lunar restart first
    you have to create a "snes" and in that a "roms" folder... put your smc files inside that roms folder... if it still wont show up restart luna or your pre and try again
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    you have to create a "snes" and in that a "roms" folder... put your smc files inside that roms folder... if it still wont show up restart luna or your pre and try again
    ok Im restarting to see if that works, but the files are called .smc correct?
    got it working thank you for your help

Maybe I should/could pull an LJP and merge them .
    Love your reference, hahaha. I used LJP 24/7 in my centro days. Honestly though, I think you should keep it all separate due to what happened with LJP as progress strained forth. LJP became a mess of coding everywhere and it just happened to become extremely hellish to debug.

I would *love* wiimote support though from LJP.
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

<-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
  18.    #38  
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I was unable to reproduce the issue with menu/save states (probably due to being short on time), but think I know what was causing it.

With that in mind I pushed v0.0.3, please update when you have a chance and let me know if the issue persists.

I'm sorry that I don't have more time this weekend to properly test/ensure it's fixed, but hopefully this does the trick

Enjoy!

(Should be in the testing feeds in the next 30min or so)
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

19.    #39  
    Also a couple of you mentioned created videos or screenshots and the like...

please do so! It would be wonderful to get a video of this in action, and I would greatly appreciate it. Just so we're clear that that would be awesome and amazing.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

for the life of me I can't find this in preware . Also I do have testing feeds turned on am I doin somethig wrong?
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast