Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    I wanted to post a big fat THANK YOU here to you dtzWill and everyone involved in this app.
    I'm so glad that I saved all of my SNES ROMS from my CFW Sony PSP tinkering days, so all I had to do was copy and paste them into my /snes/roms

I just got done testing a few of my over 220 roms, and boy oh boy, I'm loving every minute of it.

I'm still getting the hang of the controls for certain skins.

Now I just wanted to share a little something with you all.
    I just got done playing Desert Strike-Return To The Gulf, after playing a couple other roms. Screen brightness 50%
    After I got done playing, I swiped the emulator away and I opened up precentral, but cancelled the page load, swiped the card away and shut the screen off. Next thing I knew, I couldn't turn my screen back on, slid the phone open, still wouldn't activate the screen. Let my phone sit for a minute or two, pressed the power button to turn my screen on, nothing. Slid the phone open, nothing. I pressed and held the power button, got no response. Phone just either completely shut down, or froze in sleep mode. Not sure which of the two.
    So I did a battery pull. That fixed the problem. My Pre booted, everything looks fine.
    Just thought I would share that with you all.

I take it that these sorts of things can happen from time to time with the emulators?
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/23/2010 at 08:45 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    I've been playing Illusions of Gaia and it works surprisingly well.
    Can these games be played in widescreen mode like on NesEM? The 4:3 mode looked kinda small on the demo video. Looks like an awesome app regardless
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    Can these games be played in widescreen mode like on NesEM? The 4:3 mode looked kinda small on the demo video. Looks like an awesome app regardless
    NesEm and all of the emulators for PSP were awesome. But that was on the much bigger screen of the PSP.

There is a widescren option in the emulator menu.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

5.    #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    Yep. Just look in options. While you're in landscape mode you might want to look at enabling any of the various excellent skins via the 'skins' item in the menu .

Additionally you can enable the popular 'stretch' option that will ignore the aspect ratio and fill stretch to fill the screen.

So you should have options for what you want .

You can get to the menu by:

--From the rom selector, hit the 'menu' button.
    OR
    --While in-game swipe back

Hope this helps!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Yep. Just look in options. While you're in landscape mode you might want to look at enabling any of the various excellent skins via the 'skins' item in the menu .

Additionally you can enable the popular 'stretch' option that will ignore the aspect ratio and fill stretch to fill the screen.

So you should have options for what you want .

You can get to the menu by:

--From the rom selector, hit the 'menu' button.
    OR
    --While in-game swipe back

Hope this helps!
    Any thoughts on what I posted about what I experienced?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

7.    #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Any thoughts on what I posted about what I experienced?
    Your use of quote confused the heck outta me for a bit there haha .

Anyway, as to what you mentioned:

The emulators are PDK programs just like everything else, and there is nothing inherently unstable about them. I'm not saying I'm guaranteeing they will never crash, just that the fact that they're emulators doesn't necessarily contribute to that happening. Furthermore as normal userspace programs they should have absolutely zero ability to cause the behavior you're seeing, especially accidentally--crash-prone or otherwise.

I'd more readily blame it on some misc bug with WebOS or some kernel hackery (overclocking?) then the app itself.

To be clear I'm not saying the emulators are somehow better written than those things, simply given the fact that it's an application (and a jailed one at that) there shouldn't be much it can do (especially accidentally) that causes the behavior you're seeing.

So that's my thoughts on that . It sounds like it was a one-time-only thing anyway, if it continues to happen and especially if it continues to happen and seems specific to this software, definitely let me know and we'll work towards resolving it.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Thanks a lot for breaking that down to me. I'm adding that to my notes

Since that one time, I have not experienced anything again like it yet.
    I agree 100% with what you mentioned may have caused it.

In the future, I'll just be a bit more patient after closing the emulator, before I go turbo and start rapid fire opening heavy web page and multi tasking other cards haha.

Thanks again dtzWill
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I've had the snes emulator for a while now and never tried it. I recently downloaded SuperMario World on it . and everytime I try to play it the screen just goes black and the app closes itself. I've tried running my pre a bit faster with Govnah but it still happens. Ive had the same problem with the VisualBoyAdvance app but that resolved itself. I'm not that experienced so can someone please help me? would appreciate much

p.s i have the free emulator Supernes
    Make sure you're updated to 1.4.5, other than that, you probably have a bad ROM and should try another one.
    Super Smash T.V. Is so addicting!

Hey, if anyone wants to make some rom trades, pm me. I'm sure there are some of us out there that have roms that work and some that don't. Some of us may have a rom another person is lookng for and they may have one we need, vice versa.
    Just a thought.

I know there are plenty of rom sites out there, but if someone has a particular rom already and it works fine on their phone, it would sure save a bit of precious time searching through various rom sites.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Super Smash T.V. Is so addicting!

Hey, if anyone wants to make some rom trades, pm me. I'm sure there are some of us out there that have roms that work and some that don't. Some of us may have a rom another person is lookng for and they may have one we need, vice versa.
    Just a thought.

I know there are plenty of rom sites out there, but if someone has a particular rom already and it works fine on their phone, it would sure save a bit of precious time searching through various rom sites.
    Absolutely, so long as you have the right to legally distribute those roms. Unfortunetly I don't have the legal right to distribute the roms I own so won't be able to trade any back.
    Does the emulator comes with any free roms preloaded?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Thanks so much for your hard work!
    I had previously downloaded your vba emulator but deleted it after not being able to handle the sound issues and not finding a button configuration that I was comfortable with (my problems not yours).
    This emu seems to be much more robust on my pre and I will definately keep it and donate if I can find a skin that works. While the game pictures are rendered beautifully in landscape stretch, I can't stand using the transparent skins as my big fat thumbs completely cover the screen and I can't see where Mario is going ( or where he is for that matter). Is there a skin in potrait mode where the game action is at the top of the screen with the controls on the bottom without obscuring the gameplay?
    Is there a thread or repository of skins somwhere with screenshots? I know it would be added work but I'm sure people would donate if they could be sure to play their favourite games in a manner acceptable to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mxspikes21 View Post
    I've had the snes emulator for a while now and never tried it. I recently downloaded SuperMario World on it . and everytime I try to play it the screen just goes black and the app closes itself. I've tried running my pre a bit faster with Govnah but it still happens. Ive had the same problem with the VisualBoyAdvance app but that resolved itself. I'm not that experienced so can someone please help me? would appreciate much

p.s i have the free emulator Supernes
    that same thing happened to me n it turned out to be the rom. Try getting some new roms n see if that helps
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Wow, fantastic work. From what I've read in the thread (and see on videos on youtube) it sounds like you did a perfect job. Best of luck in the PDK - you've got my vote for #1. If this app was around in August I'd probably have not sold my pre :P
    I have to agree the SNES app is very awesome and certainly adds value to the Pre. You've got my vote for one of the best and must have apps. Also, Zen00, we have the same taste in games. I beat Illusion of Gaia over 15 years ago or however long ago it was and had to go at it again. Make sure you use aura to avoid getting hit at the very end of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Absolutely, so long as you have the right to legally distribute those roms. Unfortunetly I don't have the legal right to distribute the roms I own so won't be able to trade any back.
    I needed to step back for a second, and remind myself that this forum isn't like the few trusted CFW PSP sites out there. Info and files were openly shared.
    I got all caught up in the excitement of emulators again.
    It brought back the excitement of when I had my moded PSP with emulators for the first time, a few years back. Everything ranging from Atari, all the way to PS1 and everything between.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i would like to get some roms. but i cant find any.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    So, since there isn't a skins thread for superNES I figured I'd post this here. I will make a skins thread as well in the webos themes forum and get things started there.

This is my latest skin. I've played around a bit with the joystick and I feel this is as good as I can make it work (although as I've said before, I use a reduce drag radius 15px patch so YMMV - you can edit the joystick radius and deadzone easily by opening the .cfg file and changing the numbers).

I've added all the buttons, L/R and select/start without taking up undue real estate since people have asked for them repeatedly. I've centered the screen to fit properly if the player chooses NOT to use stretched landscape view, although I highly recommend it...

The joystick is a circle you put your thumb in and move around accordingly by sliding it around. The buttons are -fairly- transparent, so they blend in decently when you are standing and wont cover text but they still but pop out nicely when you're moving. I also put the joystick on the left hand side since most of the feedback I've gotten says people would prefer it there. Everything seems about as perfect as I can make it. I've included the skin and a shot of what it looks like in use. Hope you all like it!

Feel free to add it to the official app if you'd like DTZ, you might even consider replacing a few of my older skins with it as I feel this is a bit more comprehensive...

If anyone has any issues or any requests just let me know, I hope you all love this skin as much as I do!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files