Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    you only need a image editor like gimp (freeware) or photoshop and and texteditor, thats it

How can I tell where the buttons lineup though? Lets say I wanted to use the jjtron skin and instead of the skin looking like a handheld game pad, I made it instead just have some images mergered together. How can I alter that photo skin, or some photo skin like it; while still keeping the buttons at the same locations?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

It's super-easy 2nd flood.

You load up the image in your editor (like photoshop) and use a ruler tool to get x-y coordinates for the button you've created on your image. Now go into your text editor and you'll see settings for X-Y coordinates for the buttons, and a radius. The radius is going to be how big the button will be reading for when someone touches the screen, and the X-Y coordinates is telling it where to put this radius. Match it up with your skin and problem-solved.

It's a tiny bit more complex then that, setting up the screen size, and properly utilizing transparencies in your .png image file, but I can't imagine you not being able to handle it..... Download and look at one of my existing skins and you'll have all the info you need to work one up for yourself.

If you have a specific request you can ask, I've been knocking a few one-off custom skins for other people. What are you looking for, specifically?
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    It's super-easy 2nd flood.

You load up the image in your editor (like photoshop) and use a ruler tool to get x-y coordinates for the button you've created on your image. Now go into your text editor and you'll see settings for X-Y coordinates for the buttons, and a radius. The radius is going to be how big the button will be reading for when someone touches the screen, and the X-Y coordinates is telling it where to put this radius. Match it up with your skin and problem-solved.

It's a tiny bit more complex then that, setting up the screen size, and properly utilizing transparencies in your .png image file, but I can't imagine you not being able to handle it..... Download and look at one of my existing skins and you'll have all the info you need to work one up for yourself.

If you have a specific request you can ask, I've been knocking a few one-off custom skins for other people. What are you looking for, specifically?
    Which skins are yours? I wanted to try and make one with pictures of Olivia Munn as the background, but still have a nice gamepad layout like the jjtron skin. Maybe with a little bit larger of a screen if possible. It would be great if you could make one for me and then I can use that theme to try and create others. If you can make one, please send me a private message so we can talk about more of the details and I can get you some of the pics that I wanted to use.

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for....

Can you cut/paste up a knockup of what you're looking for? Even a basic paint .jpg would help me understand what you're looking for.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for....

Can you cut/paste up a knockup of what you're looking for? Even a basic paint .jpg would help me understand what you're looking for.
    Here is a quick paint photo of what I am talking about. I know it looks like garbage, but the idea is that the middle section is for the screen and the two circles are for buttons. Except I would want the area of the screen to be larger then what I have here. I hope this makes more sense.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, I went ahead and made you an Olivia Munn skin...

Pretty girl, but waste of screen real-estate if you ask me (not because she's hard to look at, but this makes the SNES screen sooooo tiny).....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Well, I went ahead and made you an Olivia Munn skin...

Pretty girl, but waste of screen real-estate if you ask me (not because she's hard to look at, but this makes the SNES screen sooooo tiny).....
    The theme looks great to me! Thanks! How do I get the SuperNES emulator to notice that I have installed a new skin? I tried putting the Zip file into the "Skins" folder, but that didn't help. then I unzipped the 2 files into the Skins directory, but that also didn't work. What am I not doing correctly?

8.    #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    The theme looks great to me! Thanks! How do I get the SuperNES emulator to notice that I have installed a new skin? I tried putting the Zip file into the "Skins" folder, but that didn't help. then I unzipped the 2 files into the Skins directory, but that also didn't work. What am I not doing correctly?
    You'll want to create a folder in the skins directory and put them in it, like this:

snes/skins/.oliviamunn/controller.png
    snes/skins/.oliviamunn/controller.cfg

The '.' (period) is optional, but will prevent those files from showing up in photos app, etc.

Conceivably you'll have to reboot for the same reason many people have to reboot to get ROMs to show up.

Let me know if you have any problems. .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    You'll want to create a folder in the skins directory and put them in it, like this:

snes/skins/.oliviamunn/controller.png
    snes/skins/.oliviamunn/controller.cfg

The '.' (period) is optional, but will prevent those files from showing up in photos app, etc.

Conceivably you'll have to reboot for the same reason many people have to reboot to get ROMs to show up.

Let me know if you have any problems. .

I got it to work, thanks! I couldn't put the period in the folder name, but that is okay with me. I don't care if the image shows up in my photo album. I'm very happy with this skin!!!

Glad you like it, I think that was officially the oddest thing I've ever done for some random person over the internet...

Anyway! Everything seems to be working great DTZ. Still cant seem to get a screenshot of superNES in action (assuming this is still broken), but other then that it seems perfect.
    Glad you like it, I think that was officially the oddest thing I've ever done for some random person over the internet...

Anyway! Everything seems to be working great DTZ. Still cant seem to get a screenshot of superNES in action (assuming this is still broken), but other then that it seems perfect.
    What is so odd about it though? I would rather have a skin with a sexy woman on it, then just a blank gamepad. Thanks again for making me the skin! It really did come out well.

Here flood, I changed the .cfg to add a start/select on the screen.

Start is top-middle of your screen (on olivia munn) and select is bottom middle.

I havent added physical visible buttons, but you shouldnt need them to use start/select. Swap out your existing controller.cfg for this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Here flood, I changed the .cfg to add a start/select on the screen.

Start is top-middle of your screen (on olivia munn) and select is bottom middle.

I havent added physical visible buttons, but you shouldnt need them to use start/select. Swap out your existing controller.cfg for this one.
    It's cool that you can create the buttons, without messing with the photos! Thank you again for helping me out! This means a lot to me!!!

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    This may be a stupid question but I installed the emulator and have so far installed 1 ROM (Super Mario Kart). It has 4 buttons on the left hand side of the screen (Buttons x,a,y and b). B seems to be the gas but how do you steer? And what are the other buttons for?

Thanks for your help
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    never mind - got it!
    just downloaded the app - it works beautifully! Thank you so much! Quick question, though - is there a repository of new skins? I saw the info about making your own but I was wondering if there was one just like 'jjcitron' but with a larger screen (that's NOT covered by buttons) and smaller buttons.

Thanks again - great work!

--Josh
  17.    #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by J Moe View Post
    just downloaded the app - it works beautifully! Thank you so much! Quick question, though - is there a repository of new skins? I saw the info about making your own but I was wondering if there was one just like 'jjcitron' but with a larger screen (that's NOT covered by buttons) and smaller buttons.

Thanks again - great work!

--Josh
    Glad you like it!

The skins are 100% the result of the hard work of the visitors of this very thread, a community of which you are now a member .

For VBA people someone took the initiative to create a special VBA skins thread with the first post listing all the skins which served as a repository of skins more or less, and it became a part of my release cycle to check that thread and add the latest ones .

However presently there's no repository (official or otherwise) for SuperNES skins, best is just bouncing through this thread to find them.

Good luck
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

i just want to say how greatfull i am for this app! now that i beat angry birds i kinda felt like ehh not much to play now till mystic quest got fixed! MAN i been killing this game and its bringing back a ton of memories! thanks man!
  19.    #359  
    Hooray, we made the front page!

http://www.precentral.net/supernes-e...ale-good-cause

Humorously, seeing that screenshot up there all beautiful and public... made me realize....

Why did no one TELL me the screen isn't centered properly?!?!

Haha, oh well, it is what it is
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

To be honest DTZ I didnt notice because I play exclusively in fullscreen landscape stretch .

One of my skins like leftyjoy or rpgjoy + fullscreen stretch = perfect (for me anyway - to each their own I suppose)!

I actually should go back over my skins and rework them with proper screen-spacing just incase people are using them without fullscreen stretch on..... Maybe in the next few days I'll do that and start a skins thread.