Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Also - I decided to update to 1.0 to take a screenshot, deleted my current installation and went to download. The app catalog is freezing at "downloading" and won't actually install supernes....

Cant get it to download or update, and I've tried restarting to no avail. Any ideas?
    Screenshot isn't listed as a feature really, it's a bit dodgy.

As for your terrible installation problems, I have no idea. o_O. I'd happily send you the ipk, but I'm not sure how to fix it other than that.

Let me know how you end up resolving this... (or if you want the ipk, etc)
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    PS: dtzWill, if you have some free time how hard would it be to include screen rotation into the skin config? this would not only allow portrait skins but also a RPG skin with the dpad on the right side (if you roate the screen 180) i really like the idea of the RPG skin but i cant really get used to it.
    I know this isnt -exactly- what you're looking for, but I went ahead and reversed my new favorite skin (RPGjoy) into RPGjoyLEFTY!

There's a very dialed-in circle on the left hand side of the screen, throw your thumb into it and slide it around to move. The skin is extremely transparent so it shouldn't be invasive. I recommend playing on fullscreen stretch with this skin!

Should be good for all you left-hand d-pad holdouts !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Screenshot isn't listed as a feature really, it's a bit dodgy.

As for your terrible installation problems, I have no idea. o_O. I'd happily send you the ipk, but I'm not sure how to fix it other than that.

Let me know how you end up resolving this... (or if you want the ipk, etc)
    It's the weirdest thing DTZ. Other apps are downloading fine, but superNES is just sitting there frozen.....

Just tried a battery pull/restart, no avail. Something is screwy....

You know prior to this I had .8 installed, and when I went to "update" it, it didnt have an update option. I tried to remove .8 from the app catalog and it froze up on remove, so perhaps there is residual damage sitting in the phone keeping things from installing.
  4.    #324  
    It's the weirdest thing DTZ. Other apps are downloading fine, but superNES is just sitting there frozen.....

Just tried a battery pull/restart, no avail. Something is screwy....

You know prior to this I had .8 installed, and when I went to "update" it, it didnt have an update option. I tried to remove .8 from the app catalog and it froze up on remove, so perhaps there is residual damage sitting in the phone keeping things from installing.
    Well I just updated from 0.0.8 to the 1.0.0 via the App catalog.

However when I visit the App Catalog it lists 0.0.8 as the latest version, and old screenshots, etc.

I'd chock this up to some kind of syncing error, I can't imagine it has anything to do with SuperNES in particular :/. Not that that helps you...........
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Well I just updated from 0.0.8 to the 1.0.0 via the App catalog.

However when I visit the App Catalog it lists 0.0.8 as the latest version, and old screenshots, etc.

I'd chock this up to some kind of syncing error, I can't imagine it has anything to do with SuperNES in particular :/. Not that that helps you...........
    Really really strange. I figure it's just a problem on my end but it makes no sense to me.

So anyway, yeah, I'll take that IPK and try to install that way if you dont mind firing it my way.

EDIT: Thanks DTZ, that solved the problem- I'm back up and running. No idea if it's solved the download/install issue for me, but at least everything's working for the moment. Next time you update I'll give it another shot and visit the doctor if necessary.
    Last edited by ncinerate; 09/16/2010 at 03:56 PM.
    1.0.0 shows up on my pre and installed fine, new screenshots are also in the app catalog

hehe now the orientation in cardview is wrong again dtzwill but i think there are more important things to do in your live
    Hey Sonic, you get a chance to try my RPGjoyLefty skin?

Should be a bit more to your liking since you want a left hand d-pad, made it with you in mind.

I'm torn on adding more buttons (L/R, select/start) or changing the layout a bit.... Let me know if there's something you can think of that might improve things.
    Hey Sonic, you get a chance to try my RPGjoyLefty skin?

Should be a bit more to your liking since you want a left hand d-pad, made it with you in mind.

I'm torn on adding more buttons (L/R, select/start) or changing the layout a bit.... Let me know if there's something you can think of that might improve things.
    Thanks for the skin, i just tried it
    the whole skin is for my taste a bit to invisible, in many games you cant even see it also i would put the radius of the dpad a bit up , maybe my thumbs are to big
    (can you create a version where the dpad is in the middle of the left side, not on the bottom?)

i would also recommend to add those L/R Star/select buttons, i would put LR on the upper corners and STart/Select on the bottom like in the standard transparent skin...

Those are my ideas for the skin! Great work so far.
  9.    #329  
    1.0.0 shows up on my pre and installed fine, new screenshots are also in the app catalog

hehe now the orientation in cardview is wrong again dtzwill but i think there are more important things to do in your live
    What do you mean? Looks good here .

Should be in portrait orientation.. actually pretty much always:

If in rom selector--cardview should be portrait of rom selector shrunk
    If in game--menu should appear (after it saves), should be portrait of menu
    If in menu--should be portrait cardview of the menu.

Are seeing something else? Did I miss a case?
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

@dtzWill:
    strange now its working, after it just updated the app always rotated in card view, even the parts that are in portrait orientation... anyway sorry
    Thanks for the skin, i just tried it
    the whole skin is for my taste a bit to invisible, in many games you cant even see it also i would put the radius of the dpad a bit up , maybe my thumbs are to big
    (can you create a version where the dpad is in the middle of the left side, not on the bottom?)

i would also recommend to add those L/R Star/select buttons, i would put LR on the upper corners and STart/Select on the bottom like in the standard transparent skin...

Those are my ideas for the skin! Great work so far.
    I'll fiddle with it a bit. I've attached the new skin based on your requests!

A few thoughts - I wasn't personally thinking about this when I made the skin, but I am using the reduce drag radius to 15px patch. I believe this may be making a difference in how "accurate" the joystick is for me. This is really really easy to fix to -your- liking though, try editing your .cfg file in the skin directory and change the joystick radius to something more to your liking (or fiddle with the deadzone, alternatively). The specific settings currently set in the system for my original skin are:

touch_joy_radius=50
    touch_joy_deadzone=20

I've upped it to 65 in this new skin for joy radius, it should be a bit more usable for you...

I think the Pre's natural drag radius deadzone is 30px, so this could explain why you aren't getting good natural feel off this joystick in my previous skin, you only have 20px of movement. If this is the case I -HIGHLY- suggest you try the 15px drag radius patch (I wouldn't go much smaller, the 8px makes it difficult to do anything without clicking or dragging by accident). If you don't want to change your drag radius, then perhaps a 75px radius joystick with a 20-30 deadzone would be more useful for you...... I'll adjust and see what happens.

I put the joystick on the bottom simply because it felt like that was the best place for it (thumb seems to naturally fall there for me). You think centering it would make it more comfortable? I've moved it to the center on this skin, let me know what you think...

The transparency was deliberate - I figured that I already knew where the relevant buttons were and just wanted a hint of where they were to help me select the right point on the screen without taking away from my visibility of the screen (this was important in RPG's because in fullscreen landscape mode I was noticing a less-transparent skin was frequently covering up text in conversations, making it annoying to read). There might be a happy medium here - I've made it considerably more visible (like, half as transparent). Let me know what you think.

I've also added the L/R buttons back in, on the left hand side of the screen controlled by the thumb.... I still didn't add the start/select buttons in, it just seems like such a waste of screen real-estate to put buttons in you might use -once- during a 40 hour game... I stand by this removal .

Anyway, here's the new skin - trying to get to a happy place all-around.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    looks cool
  13.    #333  
    I'll fiddle with it a bit. I've attached the new skin based on your requests!

A few thoughts - I wasn't personally thinking about this when I made the skin, but I am using the reduce drag radius to 15px patch. I believe this may be making a difference in how "accurate" the joystick is for me.
    Interesting.

It would be completely worthless for that drag thing to come into play in the mouse movement in SDL/PDK apps, but I haven't actually tested/verified what actually happens.

It's certainly an interesting thought, and I'll see what the reduce drag radius patch does and verify the behavior, but hopefully this isn't related at all.

But until it's tested......... maybe you're right.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Interesting.

It would be completely worthless for that drag thing to come into play in the mouse movement in SDL/PDK apps, but I haven't actually tested/verified what actually happens.

It's certainly an interesting thought, and I'll see what the reduce drag radius patch does and verify the behavior, but hopefully this isn't related at all.

But until it's tested......... maybe you're right.
    I was just guessing that might be the case, because for me the skin I made was extremely precise and sonic was saying it wasn't playing nice for him. Pretty sure my thumbs are as big as anyone's here, so my thought was perhaps it was the drag radius built into the phone...

I could be wrong, but anyone who doesn't already have a reduced drag radius patch should probably give one a shot (makes the phone so much more accurate and fun in everything else you do - fast forwarding a video is accurate and not a shot-in-the-dark for example.....

It was just an idea, not really sure how you'd test it but it wouldn't surprise me if the phone's built-in dead zone is carrying over into the game. I did change up the skin's radius etc in hopes it'd help make the joystick play a bit nicer for Sonic. Maybe once he posts back whether or not everything is running smoother on the new skin I posted....

Hey DTZ, you tried my previous skin (with the 50 radius 20 deadzone joystick) and mentioned it was accurate and felt good - are you using a reduce drag radius patch?
  15.    #335  
    1.0.1 is now in the App Catalog!

Changes:

Added two new skins: 'rpgjoy' and 'zelda'. Thanks to ncinerate for making these (and many of the skins in this app, actually)!

Happy gaming!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Couple of questions... One of the things I really liked in playing Super Mario world is the ability to run AND jump at the same time... when I first played it I could do it with the default button layout when the keyboard is open. But I wasn't a fan of the directional buttons so I changed them and I kept the other buttons EXACTLY the same. Now when I'm playing Super Mario I can't run and jump at the same time, I have to run, stop, and then jump which is kinda annoying. So didn't know how to go back to default so I decided I would just delete the app and reinstall... but it won't let me delete it... I tried through the app store, through the launcher, and finally through preware... nothing it will not delete!! Please Help!!! I just want to run and jump at the same time lol!!!
    Yeah there are some problems with some keys pressed together, in some combination they dont get recognized.
    press orange + p to reconfigure the buttons, you can see the original config on the official wiki page (see first post in this thread)
    I love snes games! When are gameboy games coming?
    Who in here is able to make custom skins for the SuperNES app? Do you take suggestions? Also, what software do you use to make skins? I would like to try to make some on my own.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

you only need a image editor like gimp (freeware) or photoshop and and texteditor, thats it

@tooabstract788:
    there is allready a Gameboy/Color/Advance emulator for the pre by dtzwill called VisualBoyAdvance, GBA games are a bit slow without overclocking, GB/C runs perfect even on stock speed.
    You can find it in the app catalog for a small fee or in preware for free