Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    @dtzWill:
    updated wiki and also added new screenshots, maybe add those to the app catalog as they are from the latest version and also show off the skin support
  2.    #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    @dtzWill:
    updated wiki and also added new screenshots, maybe add those to the app catalog as they are from the latest version and also show off the skin support
    As always, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I just got 'proper' screenshot support working, and so last night pushed a new version of SuperNES that has 'better' (fullscreen) screenshots. I'm sorry about that, I still definitely appreciate what you do .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  3.    #304  
    @All:

SuperNES 1.0.0 just published to the App Catalog!

No big changes (the large version jump was mostly to make the app not seem 'beta'), and to give it fullscreen screenshots.

BUT

As promised it now supports Final Fantasy -- Mystic Quest.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Note it might take a few hours for the app catalog to sync up right, but it's officially pushed I promise
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

downloaded the app cat version and one skin is still screwed up FYI : ZELDA. Looks like rpg2 got fixed but still only see a part of the screen on the zelda skin, like the top 1/4 only way larger than it's supposed to be.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    hehe damn... , hmm now i have to update the wiki again soon...
    anyway great work!!

PS: do you have to press a special button to create screenshots?
  6.    #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    downloaded the app cat version and one skin is still screwed up FYI : ZELDA. Looks like rpg2 got fixed but still only see a part of the screen on the zelda skin, like the top 1/4 only way larger than it's supposed to be.
    Oh the skins you're having issues with are not the ones shipped?

Phew that explains why I couldn't reproduce .

Anyway that's because due to an early bug in the emulator skin creators overcompensated on the screen size, and as a result when I fixed it (and updated all the skins that ship with SuperNES) it broke some of the other skins.

As for a fix, contact the skin author or hack at the cfg. The rpg2 cfg might be a good reference if it's like that.

BTW I didn't know there was a 'Zelda' skin, are there more skins people like that should be included in the official distribution?
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

anyway great work!!

I believe it is ORANGE + SYM + P for screenshots....1 quick question to you NKT....how do you get the screenshots onto the wiki?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8.    #309  
    anyway great work!!

I do, but it's actually not in the shipped version to me being silly. The /next/ version I'll merge it in proper.

'#' is the key, but for now it just writes the emulated screen image (not reading from the fully rendered device screen (which includes skins, etc), but just the snes screen), which isn't very useful.

And the new version that I used isn't super official or useful--due to what I believe is a bug in SDL (idk), the result are BMP files with a corrupt header so I used gimp to read them as raw image data and tell it the offset where the image data starts (it's 54 just before I forget it heh). Honestly probably would have been easier to just dump the data myself.. oh well. Anyway, so, uh, not very useful but did allow me to take some for marketing use.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

9.    #310  
    I believe it is ORANGE + SYM + P for screenshots....1 quick question to you NKT....how do you get the screenshots onto the wiki?
    Orange+sym+p works for 'normal' WebOS apps, but deos not work for PDK/SDL/OpenGLES apps, unfortunately.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

im havin problems finding roms dat work n e suggestions?
  11.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdolla417 View Post
    im havin problems finding roms dat work n e suggestions?
    Bummer!

Are you using 'SNES' roms, not 'NES'?

What do you mean that they don't work--do you not see them listed in the rom selector, or does something wrong happen when you click on them to play?
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

please where and how do you get the roms. Sorry ima lil slow.
  13.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwonka75 View Post
    please where and how do you get the roms. Sorry ima lil slow.
    As to /where/ to get the ROMs I can't tell you. Try your normal internet resources like google .

As to what to do with them:

1)Put your device in USB mode
    2)Make a 'snes' folder
    3)Click on the 'snes' folder to enter it
    4)Make a 'roms' folder (inside the snes folder).
    5)Puts the ROMs you got from..wherever... in this 'roms' folder.
    6)Get out of USB mode
    7)(Sometimes required) reboot your device
    8)Run SuperNES, and pick the one you want to play

Let me know if you have any problems

Enjoy!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

thanx I'll try that
    I apologize for the screwup's with the zelda skin (it was just a simple RPG skin with the d-pad on the keybaord and buttons on left side of the screen in an XAYB arrangement for easier zelda play).

I had compensated for an earlier bug to give maximum screen size, and hadn't fixed it since.

Here is a fixed "Zelda" skin, for anyone who wants it. Copy it over the top of your existing Zelda skin, or just delete the old one and make a new folder for this. Let me know if you have any trouble!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ncinerate; 09/16/2010 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    BTW I didn't know there was a 'Zelda' skin, are there more skins people like that should be included in the official distribution?
    Yeah, I made it for someone who wanted an easier button arrangement for zelda (XAYB instead of ABXY). Feel free to add it to the distribution if you want, but it was a bit specialty...

If you haven't already added RPGJOY, I think that's my best skin yet (it is ultra-transparent and adds a nicely tuned joystick circle to the bottom right of the screen - throw your thumb into the circle and slide around to move). I took the L/R and the start/select buttons off the touchscreen (they are rarely used in rpg's) so it's a clean setup. I could add them back if someone has a convincing reason why they are needed (as it sits, if I ever need start/select or L/R I just open the slider - haven't had to yet). Works -great- on fullscreen stretch landscape giving you identifiable buttons while not intruding on the screen real-estate. I think it's the best of both worlds for RPG play...

It's the only way I play right now .

For those of you who cant handle the whole right-hand D-pad would you guys like me to switch a skin around for a left hand side d-pad? Ahh heck, I'll start working on it now .

Ncinerate
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Bummer!

Are you using 'SNES' roms, not 'NES'?

What do you mean that they don't work--do you not see them listed in the rom selector, or does something wrong happen when you click on them to play?
    sorry 4 being vague i jus cant find a site dat would let me get roms and i google it but im a bit of a tard when it cums 2 downloading things 2 my fone i use da nes and dream engine roms wit no prob from dis site i got 2 but their snes roms wont work 4 me
  18.    #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Yeah, I made it for someone who wanted an easier button arrangement for zelda (XAYB instead of ABXY). Feel free to add it to the distribution if you want, but it was a bit specialty...

If you haven't already added RPGJOY, I think that's my best skin yet (it is ultra-transparent and adds a nicely tuned joystick circle to the bottom right of the screen - throw your thumb into the circle and slide around to move). I took the L/R and the start/select buttons off the touchscreen (they are rarely used in rpg's) so it's a clean setup. I could add them back if someone has a convincing reason why they are needed (as it sits, if I ever need start/select or L/R I just open the slider - haven't had to yet). Works -great- on fullscreen stretch landscape giving you identifiable buttons while not intruding on the screen real-estate. I think it's the best of both worlds for RPG play...

It's the only way I play right now .

For those of you who cant handle the whole right-hand D-pad would you guys like me to switch a skin around for a left hand side d-pad? Ahh heck, I'll start working on it now .

Ncinerate
    I don't know how I missed these! Looking back I thanked you, but must have gotten distracted...

I'll add both of these to the next version, thanks!

And yes, I'm rather fond of the dpad and how it handles, tyvm for working on that!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Also - I decided to update to 1.0 to take a screenshot, deleted my current installation and went to download. The app catalog is freezing at "downloading" and won't actually install supernes....

Cant get it to download or update, and I've tried restarting to no avail. Any ideas?