Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Ok. Nevermind. I think I may have figured it out. Sorry for any inconvenience and stupidity on my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy00 View Post
    Hello all,

I'm new to the Palm Pre, but just updated it to 1.4.5 (WebOS). I have followed the directions on the wiki for SuperNes, but I do not find SuperNes in Preware. I have updated and uninstalled and re-installed Preware. Is there another way to install SuperNes on the Palm Pre Plus? Is there another place I can go to get it? Any help/direction would be great. I appreciate the help.

Thank you.
    Search for Preware Testing feeds in the forum
    Hey Dtz, just saw supernes v.008 in the app catalog. Just wondering what the difference was and which version, homebrew or app catalog, you would be updating going forward?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    FYI, for anyone switching to App Catalog version, you'll want to copy your saves over BEFORE deleting the Preware version.

Move the "savs" folder from /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.supernes-preware/ to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.supernes/ with either Terminal or Internalz.
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Hey Dtz, just saw supernes v.008 in the app catalog. Just wondering what the difference was and which version, homebrew or app catalog, you would be updating going forward?
    They are identical other than appid.

To answer your question:
    I plan on migrating over to the App Catalog only, for the somewhat selfish reason of helping with the Hot Apps contest (although I'll donate part of my winnings to webos-internals, as usual). Since it's free I don't anticipate this being a huge issue, other than the delay in bringing updates to you all (and the initial issue about saves).

This app *has* been in the testing feed (not main feed) for a good reason, and things like losing your saves are part of what you agree to by using the testing feed. That's the harsh side of things, but on the flip side I also absolutely LOVE you guys (the users!) and will do what I can to facilitate migration to the app catalog version.

For now, the technical solution is to copy the 'savs' folder over (as someone posted below), and hopefully in the near future I'll have an automated solution. FWIW in theory you should copy your *.cfg files over as well as they contain your settings but those you can generally re-set yourself without much difficulty. Scripting this would be trivial, so if you guys think that's suitable I can definitely post instructions that you can copy+paste to terminal, etc.

If anyone thinks what I've outlined above is a bad idea, feels like this is unfair, or is having difficulties... I'm very happy to discuss it. Nothing is final, and I certainly don't mean to be unreasonable, so just speak up .

Hopefully this answer your (good) question .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  6.    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    FYI, for anyone switching to App Catalog version, you'll want to copy your saves over BEFORE deleting the Preware version.

Move the "savs" folder from /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.supernes-preware/ to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.supernes/ with either Terminal or Internalz.
    Thanks for writing this out for everyone, that's spot on.

If you want to keep your other settings, move the '*.cfg' files over as well, but the 'savs' folder is the big one (as many of the settings you can trivially set via the menus).

I'd also like to draw special attention to /not/ deleting the old version (or any version!) without backing up your sav's, as (at least for now) they are stored WITH the app.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

The SuperNES emulator is now in the Palm App Store. People should download it and leave positive feedback.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    The SuperNES emulator is now in the Palm App Store. People should download it and leave positive feedback.
    done and done +1
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    I just downloaded SuperNES emulator, VZW 1.4.5. I have read the wiki thoroughly and have not left any stone unturned. I have my folders, /snes/roms created with my roms in them. I did it via USB mode so they are in my /media/internal folder. After putting them in there SuperNES gives me the same welcome screen. I checked it out with Internalz and the folder is not there. I go back to USB mode and the folder is there. I did a device restart to see if the resolved the problem, it did not. Has anyone ever experienced this before?
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    I just downloaded SuperNES emulator, VZW 1.4.5. I have read the wiki thoroughly and have not left any stone unturned. I have my folders, /snes/roms created with my roms in them. I did it via USB mode so they are in my /media/internal folder. After putting them in there SuperNES gives me the same welcome screen. I checked it out with Internalz and the folder is not there. I go back to USB mode and the folder is there. I did a device restart to see if the resolved the problem, it did not. Has anyone ever experienced this before?
    I've heard of a few similar issues with VBA--but they were all fixed by a restart.

I don't think this is specific to SuperNES (and thank you very much for confirming my suspicion that it is not, since Internalz fails to see it as well). I really don't know what's causing this--and the fact that a reboot doesn't fix it is most puzzling (all candidate causes I can think of would be fixed by a reboot).

I'm very sorry you're having this issue, and if I could reproduce and try to debug I would but so far I haven't seen that issue. Does this kind of thing happen with other things, like music, does anyone know? I don't use USB mode very often (pretty much only use it to test this issue when I first saw it reported, heh), so I don't know.

I'll let you know if I think of anything and if/when you resolve the issue, please post back for everyone's benefit (including my own).
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

PLEASE MAKE IT FOR PIXI!!!!!! I know its possible because i used to have a centro and used the emulator called LJP and it worked!!! please make one. I would sooo pay you!!! Thanks ^-^
    Wow, this emulator is being downloaded like crazy! It's only been out for a few hours in the App Store and it's already up to 3,000 downloads!
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 09/14/2010 at 09:56 PM.

13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachkon View Post
    PLEASE MAKE IT FOR PIXI!!!!!! I know its possible because i used to have a centro and used the emulator called LJP and it worked!!! please make one. I would sooo pay you!!! Thanks ^-^
    I hear you, I really do.

Unfortunately I just don't have a pixi to test on, and that makes getting it working on the pixi rather... challenging. Those technically inclined enough to test it for me and get me backtraces etc, generally have other (better) things to do with their time, and so work on bringing this+vba to the pixi is slow going.

If someone with a pixi were to volunteer, I'd happily put the time in to make it work.

Until then, however, I guess you'll have to wait .

EDIT:

Additionally, there's the issue of skins, etc, that we'd need people to help create for the pixi's resolution.

None of this is impossible (quite the contrary), but not something I can really do myself.
    Last edited by dtzWill; 09/14/2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: art/skins
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Wow, this emulator is being downloaded like crazy! It's only been out for a few hours in the App Store and it's already up to 3,000 downloads!
    It's exciting! Kinda crazy to think that ~3000 people out (and counting?) there can now play SNES games on their phone thanks to this little app!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

So, when you win the Hot Apps contest, will you have plenty of free time for working on these.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    same problem here - not sure what happened. Will try a reboot.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Could the problem you are having be due to the fstab bug? The the emergency fstab fixer in Preware.
    Great to see this hit the appstore... i wish there would be a better way to make screenshots of this great app tho :-/

PS: dtzWill, if you have some free time how hard would it be to include screen rotation into the skin config? this would not only allow portrait skins but also a RPG skin with the dpad on the right side (if you roate the screen 180) i really like the idea of the RPG skin but i cant really get used to it.
    hey dtz: I was going to retest those games I had listed as "yellow" and tried using that ZELDA skin....something ain't right anymore....seems like you can only see about the top-left corner of the screen, would you be able to fix that?(rhetorical question ) just went through them all and looks like RPG2 skin is affected the same way as well.....
    and in the meantime, guess I'll edit my (yellow)entries. I had tested them all the same way, but really, if they played "green" with the govnah open, I'd imagine they'd play green with it closed too? Haven't really seen the hyper speeds with any of the games like we did on VBA.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    It's exciting! Kinda crazy to think that ~3000 people out (and counting?) there can now play SNES games on their phone thanks to this little app!
    You should be proud. Your app has only been in the App Store for around a day and it's almost up to 6,000 downloads. At this rate the app should reach 10,000 downloads in a few days.

On another note, You should mention in the discription something about looking for help at PreCentral. Because I have noticed that the positive reviews are being push a side by reviews from people who don't bother looking for help on the issues they run into. So it might help to mention PreCentral as a way to find help. Maybe even list the Wiki profile. I don't want your app getting any negative reviews.