Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    you have to follow those instructions EXACTLY or it doesn't work.....check ALL spelling of the
    1.Feed Name
    2. URL link
    3. Make sure to update feeds after.

1.Open Preware and wait for it to finish loading.
    2.Open the App Menu (tap "Preware" in the top left corner of the screen) and tap Manage feeds.
    3.Scroll to the bottom until you see the New Feed box.
    4.Type or paste a name and corresponding URL from above in the appropriate text boxes. Make sure the URL does *not* have a slash at the end.
    5.Make sure the IS COMPRESSED option is set to YES.
    6.Tap Add Feed and then tap Yes when the alert pops up.
    7.Repeat these steps for each feed you wish to enable.
    8.Gesture swipe back. Preware will alert you that you have added feeds and ask if you want to update them now. Choose YES.
    That should do it for you....make sure not to make ANY typos....it HAS to be EXACT.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    :-(

if I try to put in the feed address
    Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/
    or
    ipkg.preware.org:8080/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7

neither on of those works :-(

What could I be doing wrong?
    I blame myself for your confusion, I wasnt paying attention and didn't realize it had put the link up there with a port in it....

it needs to say ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7

Just put that line EXACTLY after the HTTP:// on the url bar.

The problem is the :8080 you're putting in there, and again, that was my fault and I apologize.

Follow the rest of my instructions but make sure you add the url properly as I've listed above and you're golden.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    ok i got it working and just so everyone knows i got battletoads and double dragon working as well as super punch out. but for some reason i cant get mine to go into portrait view someone help please ...... as always thanks in advance
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhuggins View Post
    ok i got it working and just so everyone knows i got battletoads and double dragon working as well as super punch out. but for some reason i cant get mine to go into portrait view someone help please ...... as always thanks in advance
    Turn off your skin. The UI needs to be improved here (on my mental TODO, thanks for reminding me), but when you have a skin activated it's locked to that orientation.

Hope that helps
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    You can already drag, things do work like a joystick..... Put your thumb in the center and move it whichever direction you need, it never needs to leave the screen... Perhaps you need a bigger deadzone or a larger radius for your dpad, so you don't accidentally hit things. I will see if I can't knock together a skin that will work better for you.

Here, I've attached a skin that essentially doubles the D-pad deadzone while increasing it's radius a bit. Try throwing your thumb down in the center and drag around. See if this isn't more accurate or palatable for you... If not, let me know what you're experiencing and I'll see what I can do...
    So I missed this post earlier. Just wanted to thank you for your efforts on the skins, it helps a lot. Particularly that you're addressing specific issues and styles/complaints.

Thanks!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

6.    #246  
    SuperNES 0.0.7 Released (coming soon to a testing feed near you!)

Codename: FAN REQUEST UPDATE

Changelog

• Fix scaling issue where screen wasn't stretched to fill the area (keeping aspect ratio). Thanks ncinerate for noticing this!
    • Fix orientation issues in rom selector/menu (thanks jhoff80 for reporting this!) that resulted in rotating in card view and notifications appearing on wrong side.
    • Added game reset menu item, per popular request.
    • Added fullscreen/stretch (ignoring aspect ratio) option (there you go Sonic-NKT!)
    • Allow changing orientation with skin activated (just disables skin mode appropriately)
    • Added 'rpg2' skin

As always, please remember I do this in my free time so please consider donating or buying VBA in the catalog (if that's your thing) to help support continued development.

Happy gaming!!!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

7.    #247  
    Also, @ncinerate and users of ncinerate's skins---I updated them to un-compensate for the adjustments made for the scaling issue that this release fixes, but I might have missed something. Hopefully it's all good, but definitely let me know if it's wrong!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

finaly managed to get the testing feed to work... installed zelda - links to the past... and works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle View Post
    Ahhhh hopefully Verizon gets off their duffs and releases 1.4.5 for the Pre+ soon! I feel I'm missing out on a lot of cool new stuff...
    +1

*sigh* I'm hopeful that there is a good reason behind why VZW Pre Plus is looking like it's going to be last at getting 1.4.5
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Thanks dtzWill
    great new Version, couldnt find any bugs yet...
  11.    #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Thanks dtzWill
    great new Version, couldnt find any bugs yet...
    There better not be any bugs-- I just updated some help text and shipped it to the app catalog .

Hopefully it'll come out soon . Go Palm reviewers Go!

THANK YOU ALL for your time, testing, comments, feedback, and contributions. It's been fun and you guys are what makes the WebOS community so fantastic .

Also special thanks to ncinerate for his skins and SonicNKT for all his work, particularly the screenshots/video that made it into the marketing material for the official app catalog version.

Here's hoping we can keep making this emulator better and as always...

Happy Gaming!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

12.    #252  
    As noted in the first post, when this hits the catalog I'll be encouraging people to switch to the catalog version (FREE). The biggest obstacle is keeping save games (and settings) since due to 1.4.5 fstab the saves are not stored on /media/internal but within the app, which means if you install the app catalog version you'll have two copies of supernes, one with your saves and one without. Which obviously isn't the best. .

For those who are technically inclined, the simple solution is to copy over the '*.cfg' files and 'savs' directory to the new appid folder and all should be fine.

For the rest (and to make lives easier on the technically inclined) I'm working on some kind of automated solution to facilitate migration, stay tuned for details. I'll probably post my proposed solution here before shipping it to see what you guys think.

Remember this app was in the testing feeds for a reason, so while I'll do all I can to help everyone migrate, please understand that you agreed to be a tester by using the testing feed and installing this application. But I certainly hope (and don't believe) it won't come to that, and will work to make everything good for everyone , but just reminding you what you agreed to....

Anyway, just thought I'd mention that now, and thanks again everyone .

Enjoy your SNES goodness
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

ff
    sorry for the inconvience on da posts jus needed to get to 10 lol
    I wanna play mystic quest bad... But it doest load past the initial title screen tryed two different roms. Also do anyone have anytip on how to play a game that requires a costant button press, for example mario's run-jump or mega-man's charge blast and jump? Other than using the KBoard?
    use two fingers for the buttons thats the only way i think (besides keyboard)
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    awesome
    I have an idea of a work around for save/restore to backup and restore save games but I have not tried it but a script could be used to perform the command line to zip the directory that contains the save games and unzip them to restore to that directory. However this would have to be for those who got to have it now rather than being made the solution to the fact save/restore needs work to resolve the more general problem of not being able to save files with spaces. I know the command line needed to perform the zip but I need to look into what the command line is to perform the unzip. I'd like to check with those working on save/restore to find out if a solution is in sight before taking the time to make a temporary script.

dtzWill,

Are both SNES and VBA not able to save to media/internal even with fstab fixed? Because I was thinking why not have redundancy and save to media/internal and the apps directory. Or use logical statements to determine that it can write to media/internal (in other words write didn't fail for access reason) and then write to it or write to the app directory if not. I still think the right thing for palm to have done is push notice to users to side load a fix to it rather than asking devs to work around it but at this stage of the game it is too late and I'm sure everyone has coded the work around.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  19.    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    I wanna play mystic quest bad... But it doest load past the initial title screen tryed two different roms. Also do anyone have anytip on how to play a game that requires a costant button press, for example mario's run-jump or mega-man's charge blast and jump? Other than using the KBoard?
    Confirmed that Mystic Quest doesn't work.

Lucky for you I was able to track down why it wasn't working and just committed the fix.

It will work in the next release.

As for constant button presses--there *should* be a spot between the two on-screen buttons that holds them both down (their 'activated' areas are intentionally designed to overlap). It can be slightly tricky, but works fine for me in SMW. Or use two fingers I guess .

If you're so inclined you might consider editing a skin to make the overlap something you find more usable... and if you do so please share back with the rest of us, there are probably others that feel as you do.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

I would love to see bluetooth support for keyboards/gamepads to use with this...

Btw, thank you all very much to anyone that had any input in this emulator. I love being able to whip out zelda anywhere I am, and slash a few baddies and toss the card away without worrying about save states, OR lag
    The water was cold so I came back <3