Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    EDIT: Wait, I figured it out, thanks for the explanation. I didnt realize I needed to make the height/width larger then the current pre screen in order to resize the emulation window a bit larger. I get it now!
    Well that's a bummer. That really shouldn't be required--while the code was mostly tested on VBA, it *should* maximize it with respect to the given dimensions while keeping the aspect ratio. In other similar words, biggest possible screen that fits in the given dimensions but still has the right aspect ratio.

Anyway, sounds like you're saying that's NOT happening, which would be a bug. I'm sorry for all the bugs guys, but then again hey it's in the testing feed for a reason .

I'll look into this when I get a chance, thanks for mentioning it. Hopefully it won't break your new skins, although if it does I'm sorry but the fix is still probably the right thing to do :/. I'll do what I can to fix them myself, but since you made them you probably know best .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    One really nitpicky little thing... when in card view, the card of the in-app menu is upside down from how the emulator runs.
    AFAICT every pdk game rotates 90 when put into card view? I'm not sure that there's a good way to control this. Do you know of such an app, preferably one that is free? IIRC that behavior started with 1.4.5.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

3.    #223  
    Hey all, glad you're enjoying the emulator! .

Lots of posts todays, new users, skin fun, compat reports.... all kinds of goodies. Love it .

As I read through all the messages and ideas and whatnot, I'm building a TODO list so that next time I can knock those things out as time allows....

Here: Application:SuperNES - WebOS Internals

This *should* have all your feature/bug requests listed (as well as a few of my own), and under "TODO/Tentative" if it's something I'm not sure I'll implement, at least not in the immediate future.

I hope I got everything, but if I DIDNT please add it, I created a section for them: Application:SuperNES - WebOS Internals . So either add them there or post here and I'll do it... I'm hoping that this will help prevent good ideas from slipping through the cracks as well as give you an idea what the direction of things are.. and discuss or whatever as you see fit.

Thanks for being such a great community, and for enjoying SuperNES .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Well that's a bummer. That really shouldn't be required--while the code was mostly tested on VBA, it *should* maximize it with respect to the given dimensions while keeping the aspect ratio. In other similar words, biggest possible screen that fits in the given dimensions but still has the right aspect ratio.

Anyway, sounds like you're saying that's NOT happening, which would be a bug. I'm sorry for all the bugs guys, but then again hey it's in the testing feed for a reason .

I'll look into this when I get a chance, thanks for mentioning it. Hopefully it won't break your new skins, although if it does I'm sorry but the fix is still probably the right thing to do :/. I'll do what I can to fix them myself, but since you made them you probably know best .
    Things are certainly wonky. If you look at my newer skins (notably RPG2) you'll see that I had to increase the screensize to well into the 500's and higher 300's in order to make it fill the screen area better. Even wierder, if I increase the size of the screen by just 1 or 2 more pixels, it immediately blows up almost 35% and is way too big for the screen. Oddball stuff there. I'm going to agree that it's a bug - but it is a bug that doesn't really affect general usability, and as long as a skin creator uses the sizes in my RPG2 skin or smaller, everything works fine (although some trial-and-error is required to get things right, as the numbers do not coincide exactly to the size of the touchscreen). My point being, if it's more trouble the it's worth to fix, just leave it .

My hacked up solution worked and gives a couple pixels shy of the biggest possible aspect-ratio locked screen, but I'd certainly be happy to rework my skin if you can fix the bug to properly scale things instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    AFAICT every pdk game rotates 90 when put into card view? I'm not sure that there's a good way to control this. Do you know of such an app, preferably one that is free? IIRC that behavior started with 1.4.5.
    Pretty much all of the portrait-mode PDK games do not rotate in card view.

Tetris, Battleship, Galcon, Everlands, etc.

If you want an example that's free, there's the Everlands demo.
    @dtzWill:
    is it currently possible to have the gaming screen really fullscreen? so its not the correct aspect ratio anymore but fills the full 480x320?
    So I'm halfway through my list of games that I have that I'm updating on the Wiki, and from what I can tell so far... whether a game runs at 30/60 or 60/60, there is virtually NO difference in game speed at all. I've tried running with stock kernel, 800MHz and 1GHz, for all and really can't tell the difference other than what it says out of 60.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8.    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Pretty much all of the portrait-mode PDK games do not rotate in card view.

Tetris, Battleship, Galcon, Everlands, etc.

If you want an example that's free, there's the Everlands demo.
    Thanks for bringing this up. I had always written off the rotation as an artifact of 1.4.5 (since it didn't happen before), as well as the introduced inability to set the videomode again to change the orientation. However this definitely isn't the case and the rotation of the menu/etc does seem to be a bug with me notifying luna of the current orientation of the app. I'll fix this next time I'm able to dev, but just thought I'd a)let you know the situation and b)thank you for bringing it to my attention and making me look into it more.

This should also manifest itself by using the app in landscape mode (or a skin), and going to the in-game menu and then receiving a notification--it will appear on the wrong side.

Anyway, I'll fix this soon and thanks for the report!
    Last edited by dtzWill; 09/06/2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Found what's going on :)
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    @dtzWill:
    is it currently possible to have the gaming screen really fullscreen? so its not the correct aspect ratio anymore but fills the full 480x320?
    Not knocking you or anything but am asking this out of curiosity why would you want to distort games by stretching?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    maybe he wants like a "zoom" option?
    I know that this may not be possible, but the ability to bind bi-directional keys would be a life saver. If I could have dedicated keys for up-right, down-right, up-left, down-left it would be so much easier to control. Having the E,W,S,D keys does work, but it is uncomfortable to use. Any thoughts if this is do-able or would be otherwise incompatible with the way the app is built.
    I'll never get my phone from my kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    I know that this may not be possible, but the ability to bind bi-directional keys would be a life saver. If I could have dedicated keys for up-right, down-right, up-left, down-left it would be so much easier to control. Having the E,W,S,D keys does work, but it is uncomfortable to use. Any thoughts if this is do-able or would be otherwise incompatible with the way the app is built.
    it is done on the Nesem emulator from kalemsoft so it is definitely possible
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  14.    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by mindless View Post
    I'll never get my phone from my kids.
    Hahahaha . Might have to just buy another O
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    Definitely possible, just requires time/work to add it as a feature. Feel free to add it to the wiki TODO list here, so I don't forget.... :

Application:SuperNES - WebOS Internals

Else bug me if it doesn't show up soon. It's hard keeping track of all these feature requests via misc forum posts .

Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    it is done on the Nesem emulator from kalemsoft so it is definitely possible
    That doesn't really mean what you think it means. But you're right, it is possible for sure, and a reasonable request.

This is a good feature request and I'll add it...eventually.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

16.    #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    @dtzWill:
    Definitely possible. Bug me (you know how ) if you don't see it in a release soon, and feel free to add it here:

Application:SuperNES - WebOS Internals

To help me track this request. Thanks!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

I cant see it on preware.... even having the latest and uptodate version. Which feed should I be looking in? I have some of them desabled

thank you for the response
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    The ipk link I just posted will work, but I still highly suggest you figure out how to use preware's testing feed.

Here, I'll walk you through it:

First, open preware. Now tap the dropdown menu that says preware in the far top left corner of the screen and select "manage feeds"

Now scroll down to the NEW FEED area, and start typing. In the name field, just put webos-testing-armv7, in the URL feed, you need to put Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/

DO NOT PUT A SLASH AT THE END.

Make sure compressed is set to yes.

Now click add feed and you're done. Reload the feeds and you're set. Now do a search in preware under list of everything for super. Easy as pie.

If you decide to use the IPK instead, just download it, put it on the pre in USB mode, open up internalz on the pre, and tap on the IPK then install it. Not recommended, but it works.
    follow these instructions then you'll be able to find it

Here is the SuperNES Wiki in case you need more info.
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/07/2010 at 07:46 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    :-(

if I try to put in the feed address
    Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/
    or
    ipkg.preware.org:8080/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7

neither on of those works :-(

What could I be doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    you're going to have to enable your testing feeds in Preware then. I can't remember exactly how to do it so you'll have to look it up in the Preware wiki.
    Here's the link
    follow the link here then (I'll be back with more instructions)