Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post

ncin: I made a skins directory in /snes and put your skin in there but couldn't find it ...and for that matter didn't see where all the other 6 skins were coming from, maybe I better check again see if I can't find it...

So I looked around, I don't see where the other skins are located, and having /skins folder beside /roms, with your new layout, it doesn't seem to come up in the emulator.
    The skin needs to be in a folder INSIDE the skins folder. So it should be /snes/skins/rpg2/controller.png (with controller.png being a file, not a directory) for example...

The folder inside skins designates the name of the skin. The defaults are stored elsewhere.
    Last edited by ncinerate; 09/05/2010 at 01:39 PM.
    EDIT:::: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS SKIN - IT WAS REPAIRING A SINCE-FIXED BUG FOR SCREEN SIZE AND WILL NOT DISPLAY CORRECTLY - THERE IS A NEW CORRECTED SKIN AVAILABLE ON PAGE 16 OF THIS THREAD!

no i'll check it out though...a better layout for zelda top to bottom (IMO) would be X,A,Y,B ...the current layout ABXY has sword(B)/boomerang(Y) split up by the map(X) button and I find I'm hitting the map a LOT inadvertantly...So if you made another version of that same skin that would be cool. (and i'm not sure what the top buttons do or if they're necessary)

(A) is the action button
    Here ya go: XAYB zelda skin. Let me know if that works for ya.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ncinerate; 09/16/2010 at 02:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sneekzlojik View Post
    So where exactly do I store my SNES roms...Do I have to make a folder like VBA roms too? If so...explain how for me again please. Thank you guys.
    You need to make a folder in your pre called /snes/roms

Dump the roms in there, and you're golden. While you're at it, make a folder /snes/skins

That way you can dump skins into the skins folder if you want to try some of the skins people are making. I prefer my RPG2 skin from a page or two back (just make sure to put it in the folder properly, you should have /snes/skins/rpg2/controller.png (with controller.png being a file, not a directory)

Hope that helps...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I think he means the opposite, though I could be wrong. If you move your thumb too far up, for example, then that means you've moved off the area on the virtual d-pad, and you'll stop moving. A lot of the Pre games have it so that if you move too far up, then it'll be like still holding the up button.
    Well I think that skin might solve that too, increasing the radius of the d-pad should help if he moves too far up...

He made it sound like he's getting alot of wrong-direction button presses however...
    Ok so I just d/led them straight to my phone, made the directories, but I'm going to have to extract them first I guess....terminal be the easiest way for that?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Never unzipped with terminal, but I suppose so! Should be easy, unzip zelda.zip

I'd post an unzipped version but I can't post .cfg files here...
    So we have to make this " /snes/skins/rpg2/controller.png " a file before we can install the skins right? Basically install the skins inside the "controller.png" file?
    Quote Originally Posted by sneekzlojik View Post
    So we have to make this " /snes/skins/rpg2/controller.png " a file before we can install the skins right? Basically install the skins inside the "controller.png" file?
    no no no!

You just need to make the /snes/skins/rpg2 directory, then put the files into that directory (the two files inside the .zip file are controller.png and controller.cfg).

Just unzip the rpg2.zip file into the /snes/skins/rpg2 directory, problem solved

Same way with roms, just toss them in the /snes/roms directory (you can actually throw the roms into that directory still zipped individually, snes9x can read zipped roms).
    aw thanks mane you guys are great It's been so long since I've done any hacking or emulation or anything that involves this...I work for the government so..it's kind of not something I can do lol on the reg that is
    Just to let you know, I kind of don't like the "Go to Menu When in Card View" feature. Mainly because I like to go to card view quickly to check my battery life, then flip back to the game. If you could put a battery indicator somewhere, or something that would work well. Also, if you could have it wait a few seconds to suspend emulation (to encourage smoother transition for this type of habit) that would be good as well.
    Well wierd, 0.0.6 is working fine now (after a full removal, installation of .5, and an update).

Anyway, happy times are back again.
    If you don't mind giving me a quick refresher... My skin(zip) files are in (for example) /media/internal/snes/skins/zelda

I don't know the command to get over to that directory to then 'unzip zelda.zip:

I don't remember if I had asked this, but is it possible to add into this emulator, Game Genie support? If not, the emulator is still more then good to use. I was just wondering.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

If you don't mind giving me a quick refresher... My skin(zip) files are in (for example) /media/internal/snes/skins/zelda

I don't know the command to get over to that directory to then 'unzip zelda.zip:

cd /media/internal/snes/skins/zelda
    unzip zelda.zip

now check and make sure it unzipped the 2 files into that directory (and didnt make a subdirectory)

If it did, copy the files back into the proper spot in the /snes/skins/zelda directory through internalz.
    create directory "snes" in /media/internal then put your roms in there and as it states somewhere above not necessary to unzip the files( I did before I found out)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    NCIN that skin works great! (Zelda) Thanks for that

I ended up just hooking the phone up and doing it the ol fashioned way but now I know how to do it for next time. By the way, the Zelda skin works good for choplifter3 and trying out others too
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/05/2010 at 06:35 PM.
    I just installed the latest version of the SuperNES emulator and now it comes with pre-installed skins! This app just keeps getting better and better!!!

Quick question for anyone. How do you reset the game? Everytime I shut it off it loads back where I last stopped.playing. There's a few games that have games within games, so I'd like to know how to reboot the ROM. Also, does anyone know how to do that on visualboyadvance too?
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
    Quick question for anyone. How do you reset the game? Everytime I shut it off it loads back where I last stopped.playing. There's a few games that have games within games, so I'd like to know how to reboot the ROM. Also, does anyone know how to do that on visualboyadvance too?

I would also like to know how to reset games. The Auto-Save feature is great, but I don't always want a ROM to pick up where I left off.

currently its only possible to deactivate Auto-Save and reload the game... but dtzWill is planning to put a Reset Button into the Ingame-Menu