Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    One really nitpicky little thing... when in card view, the card of the in-app menu is upside down from how the emulator runs.
    Go up to post #173 there's a hyper link there.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    When I click on that hyperlink it doesn't bring up the download for it...is it wrong or something? All it does is pull up some ROadrunner thing. gah!
    you're going to have to enable your testing feeds in Preware then. I can't remember exactly how to do it so you'll have to look it up in the Preware wiki.
    Here's the link
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sneekzlojik View Post
    When I click on that hyperlink it doesn't bring up the download for it...is it wrong or something? All it does is pull up some ROadrunner thing. gah!
    I fixed the link, sorry about that, I had a double HTML.

It works now.

Here:http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....0.5_armv7.ipk

Again, this is not the most recent version, this is 0.0.5 and not 0.0.6. I'm doing this because I cant get .6 to work for me (ymmv)...
    It's not working...when I change my testing feeds through the Preware bar....It comes up with a "Failed" screen.....like how the IPKG failure thing shows...that's happened....help again please....DTZ...somebody
    you have to follow those instructions EXACTLY or it doesn't work.....check ALL spelling of the 1.Feed Name
    2. URL link
    3. Make sure to update feeds after.... I pm'ed you but you didn't answer.

1.Open Preware and wait for it to finish loading.
    2.Open the App Menu (tap "Preware" in the top left corner of the screen) and tap Manage feeds.
    3.Scroll to the bottom until you see the New Feed box.
    4.Type or paste a name and corresponding URL from above in the appropriate text boxes. Make sure the URL does *not* have a slash at the end.
    5.Make sure the IS COMPRESSED option is set to YES.
    6.Tap Add Feed and then tap Yes when the alert pops up.
    7.Repeat these steps for each feed you wish to enable.
    8.Gesture swipe back. Preware will alert you that you have added feeds and ask if you want to update them now. Choose YES.
    Quote Originally Posted by sneekzlojik View Post
    It's not working...when I change my testing feeds through the Preware bar....It comes up with a "Failed" screen.....like how the IPKG failure thing shows...that's happened....help again please....DTZ...somebody
    The ipk link I just posted will work, but I still highly suggest you figure out how to use preware's testing feed.

Here, I'll walk you through it:

First, open preware. Now tap the dropdown menu that says preware in the far top left corner of the screen and select "manage feeds"

Now scroll down to the NEW FEED area, and start typing. In the name field, just put webos-testing-armv7, in the URL feed, you need to put ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7

DO NOT PUT A SLASH AT THE END.

Make sure compressed is set to yes.

Now click add feed and you're done. Reload the feeds and you're set. Now do a search in preware under list of everything for super. Easy as pie.

If you decide to use the IPK instead, just download it, put it on the pre in USB mode, open up internalz on the pre, and tap on the IPK then install it. Not recommended, but it works.
    Last edited by ncinerate; 09/07/2010 at 09:02 AM.
    BTW, can anyone else confirm that 0.0.6 is broken for them?

I cannot update without breaking superNES...
    Straying slightly off (current)topic (within the topic), why is it that you can't download certain roms, makes absolutely no sense, these are defunct systems, you can't buy them anywhere (games or consoles) except for in the odd pawn shop. They should give them up at that point in their lifetimes, IMO.
    0.0.6 seems to be working fine for me
    Ok Inci...and sledge..ima try your ways real quick..i'll be back to let you all know if it works..thanks you two
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Straying slightly off (current)topic (within the topic), why is it that you can't download certain roms, makes absolutely no sense, these are defunct systems, you can't buy them anywhere (games or consoles) except for in the odd pawn shop. They should give them up at that point in their lifetimes, IMO.
    I've heard lots of reasons, including the idea that this is more about protecting the copyright on the characters etc rather then the physical games.. I'm pretty sure there is some legalese that requires a company to actively protect it's patents and copyrights or risk losing rights to them. This means the game companies both living and dead don't release their defunct games (for the most part).

In any event, anyone who wants a full and complete romset for any of the older consoles can easily obtain it within mere moments (ok, SNES might take an hour or two depending on your connection). Nobody really cares, and nintendo isn't going to come knocking down your door.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    0.0.6 seems to be working fine for me
    That's really odd.... Not working for me -at all-.

I'll fiddle with it later.

So hey sledge, did you try my newer RPG skin? I think it improves quite a bit on the first ABXY on the left skin I made (considerably bigger viewable screen etc). It's on the last page in the RPG2.zip...
    no i'll check it out though...a better layout for zelda top to bottom (IMO) would be X,A,Y,B ...the current layout ABXY has sword(B)/boomerang(Y) split up by the map(X) button and I find I'm hitting the map a LOT inadvertantly...So if you made another version of that same skin that would be cool. (and i'm not sure what the top buttons do or if they're necessary)

(A) is the action button
    Yay finally got the emulator on my phone now to download the games..thanks you two..I had to use the USB with WOQ....I don't know why the other way didn't work for me. Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    On another note, I think playability would be increased even more if one could drag/swipe in a certain designated area (where the d-pad is now). So 'drag up' in the area is the same as pressing up, 'drag left' is the same as pressing left etc.

Thing is, when playing the game one tends to subtly move the finger and therefore 'miss'.

Like this it would almost be like a joystick and (at least for me) accuracy would be increased enormously.
    You can already drag, things do work like a joystick..... Put your thumb in the center and move it whichever direction you need, it never needs to leave the screen... Perhaps you need a bigger deadzone or a larger radius for your dpad, so you don't accidentally hit things. I will see if I can't knock together a skin that will work better for you.

Here, I've attached a skin that essentially doubles the D-pad deadzone while increasing it's radius a bit. Try throwing your thumb down in the center and drag around. See if this isn't more accurate or palatable for you... If not, let me know what you're experiencing and I'll see what I can do...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I would double check your existing webosinternalstestfeeds again just to make sure that you didn't put a typo in there cause that will screw you up...make sure all the letters are the same all the dash's in the right spot etc your welcome, if you scroll up a page or 2 you'll find my list of compatible(working) games, so far I found about 20 or so games, I think that'll do me for awhile

ncin: I made a skins directory in /snes and put your skin in there but couldn't find it ...and for that matter didn't see where all the other 6 skins were coming from, maybe I better check again see if I can't find it...

So I looked around, I don't see where the other skins are located, and having /skins folder beside /roms, with your new layout, it doesn't seem to come up in the emulator.
    I think he means the opposite, though I could be wrong. If you move your thumb too far up, for example, then that means you've moved off the area on the virtual d-pad, and you'll stop moving. A lot of the Pre games have it so that if you move too far up, then it'll be like still holding the up button.
    So where exactly do I store my SNES roms...Do I have to make a folder like VBA roms too? If so...explain how for me again please. Thank you guys.