Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    First-time overclocker here. I just installed UberKernel and Govnah, and selected 800/500 screenstate. I could feel the difference and I'm looking forward to trying 1000/500.

I wanted to try uninstalling to see if I could restore the stock kernel just in case.

I went into Preware and installed the "Palm Kernel (Pre/Pre+)" and now Govnah seems stuck at 500. Shouldn't my ATT Pre+ on 1.4.2 be running at 600?

I'm all ready to donate, assuming I can figure out how to correctly remove the kernel and restore the stock system if need be. Any thoughts?
    pretty sure stock pre runs 500,if you did what you said you did,sounds like you put the stock back just fine.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Your stock Pre Plus should be running at 500 the vast majority of the time.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Hmm...Precentral thinks so:
    http://www.precentral.net/att-palm-pre-plus-review

This is what I was thinking - it's actually a 600 MHz chip:
    Palm Pre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    Hmm...Precentral thinks so:
    [url]

This is what I was thinking - it's actually a 600 MHz chip:
    [url= Pre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

Thanks!
    From my understanding, Palm set the Pre to run at 500MHz to avoid harmonic interference at the other frequencies. As stated in the review you posted, they presumed the Pre+ would run at 500MHz, just like the original Pre. I believe if you still have Govnah installed with the stock kernel, you can set it to run at 600MHz.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Just to add one thing, installing the recovery kernel is not the correct way to uninstall. It is a last resort recovery method.
    Going into Preware and hitting uninstall on uberkernel will remove it properly and this is the method that should be used.

Pip
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Thanks for the correction - hopefully I didn't cause any problems by doing it the other way.

I tried 1GHz today - WOW that's fast. I donated as soon as I got home.

I know UberKernel is "stable" and "safe" but does anyone *really* know if there are any practical harmful effects of usage? How much will this shorten the lifetime of the device?
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    Thanks for the correction - hopefully I didn't cause any problems by doing it the other way.

I tried 1GHz today - WOW that's fast. I donated as soon as I got home.

I know UberKernel is "stable" and "safe" but does anyone *really* know if there are any practical harmful effects of usage? How much will this shorten the lifetime of the device?
    No harm except a shortend life for the CPU. I don't know how much it could be shortened.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation