Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got a referbed phone since my other phone crapped out on me. I cracked the phone, tweaked it a bit, and attempted to install Preware and it gave me a few hunk failures. It looked like it installed, but even after a restart of the phone, the feeds will not update. It gives me a message that says, "The service is not running. First Try restarting Preware, or reboot your phone and try again." What do I do to get this to run?
    what version of webos are you using? What version of quickinstall, etc?
  3.    #3  
    WOSQI- 2.8.2
    WebOS 1.4.5
    Delete preware and reinstall it again. That should fix the issue.

Ps. Here is three ways of getting preware.. http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware.

Good Luck.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Delete preware and reinstall it again. That should fix the issue.
    Already tried that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight36 View Post
    Already tried that.
    Ok, try standalone installer. You'll find it in the link.
  7.    #7  
    Ok, try standalone installer. You'll find it in the link.
    Sorry. Im not following you. Can you re-explain?
  8.    #8  
    Im going to try the battery pull. When trying to install, here is what it looks like. Hope it helps.

Sorry. Im not following you. Can you re-explain?
    Standalone installer is a tool that can install preware without using webosQI.
  10.    #10  
    Im using WebOS quick install. Where do I find the stand alone installer?
    Im using WebOS quick install. Where do I find the stand alone installer?
    It's in the link I gave you. Scroll down until you see it.

Read this:Installing Preware with the Standalone Installer
    Preware installers can be downloaded here: Preware Standalone Installers. These instructions are currently only for Mac and PC users.
    Install the required software.
    Click here to verify that you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer and update it if needed.
    Click here to download the current webOS Doctor for your carrier and phone in a subdirectory you will remember (maybe "Palm"?). If you already have it, skip this step.
    Do not run the webOS Doctor.
    Put your device into Developer Mode.
  12.    #12  
    OH I SEE IT NOW!

Here is the feed error:
    Let me ask you some question: Is your phone in developer mode? Is Java active on your computer? Is novacomd enable? Here is another link: http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps.
    Last edited by RL; 08/26/2010 at 03:09 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Yes, it is in Dev mode, otherwise WOSQI wouldnt recognize it. I dont think Novicom was installed correctly because the standalone installer worked like a charm, and I installed the drivers first. Thanks guys!
  15.    #15  
    Those are stanard required question to ask. Glad to have help. Have a nice day.
    No, its cool! You have to ask those questions. Its something simple and easy to overlook!
  16.    #16  
    Ok, here is something new I have never encountered before: Any time I try to install ANYTHING from preware, I get a message that says something to the effect of "something was encountered and needs to update before it can install. Restart and install?" I do so, then when I start preware, it will not go beyond the "Checking Service Access" unless I restart again.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Ok, here is something new I have never encountered before: Any time I try to install ANYTHING from preware, I get a message that says something to the effect of "something was encountered and needs to update before it can install. Restart and install?" I do so, then when I start preware, it will not go beyond the "Checking Service Access" unless I restart again.
    Do a hard reset for that issue. (Batt Pull) then see if you still have that problem. That's call a small hiccup. :-)
  19.    #19  
    Do a hard reset for that issue. (Batt Pull) then see if you still have that problem. That's call a small hiccup. :-)
    Nope. Same issue. Ive never had issues like this before with preware!

I still get this screen:

20.    #20  
    Still not working. I even got WOSQI to install the new Preware and it still will not install anything, not even its own updates. Gives me the same screen as above.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast