Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    One of the major reasons I didn't want to have to swap my original Pre Plus out when the speaker blew out was because I knew I'd have a tough time again reloading Preware on the replacement phone. I even thought about just dealing with blown speaker just to avoid having to reload Preware.

I just got my original Pre Plus in April. It took me several days and alot of help from members here to get Preware on that phone.

I'm right back in the same situation with my replacememt. I get my Pre in deveoper mode and follow the instructions exactly. I get the WOSQI but I don't think it's communicating with my phone. I hit the "blue arrow" but nothing comes up. I've uninstalled then reinstalled everything but it's not working.

I'm going to keep at it but any suggestions would be appreciated. I realized quickly that this phone is not nearly as powerful or appealing without Preware.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by irondust View Post
    One of the major reasons I didn't want to have to swap my original Pre Plus out when the speaker blew out was because I knew I'd have a tough time again reloading Preware on the replacement phone. I even thought about just dealing with blown speaker just to avoid having to reload Preware.

I just got my original Pre Plus in April. It took me several days and alot of help from members here to get Preware on that phone.

I'm right back in the same situation with my replacememt. I get my Pre in deveoper mode and follow the instructions exactly. I get the WOSQI but I don't think it's communicating with my phone. I hit the "blue arrow" but nothing comes up. I've uninstalled then reinstalled everything but it's not working.

I'm going to keep at it but any suggestions would be appreciated. I realized quickly that this phone is not nearly as powerful or appealing without Preware.

Thanks.
    Have you tried the standalone installer found at install.preware.org
    Also have you downloaded the palm sdk to your pc, found at developer.palm.com?

Pip
    What exactly are you not able to do? Get webosQI to recognize your phone is connected to it?Can't find where preware is located? Your PC not recognizing your phone?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=pip smith;2618785]Have you tried the standalone installer found at [url=
    Also have you downloaded the palm sdk to your pc, found at developer.palm.com?

Pip[/QUOTE]

Yes I did try the standalone installer late last night. Couldn't get it to work. I do have the sdk loaded from months ago. Do I need to update it perhaps?

Thanks Pip
    Follow these step to the letter, and you shouldn't have any problem getting preware. There are three ways available for installing preware. Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Also make sure developer mode is enable: http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps. Sometime we forget, when we get a new phone. Webos20090606.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    What exactly are you not able to do? Get webosQI to recognize your phone is connected to it?Can't find where preware is located? Your PC not recognizing your phone?
    It seems I cant get WOSQI to see my phone. My pc finds the Pre when I plug it in. I just tried it again. It brings up the WOSQI fine but its skipping the part where the novacom is supposed to load. Im re reading some past posts here to see what im missing.

Not that it will make a difference but I'm going to try the install on my wifes pc. Maye I'll get lucky.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Follow these step to the letter, and you shouldn't have any problem getting preware. There are three ways available for installing preware. Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Also make sure developer mode is enable: http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps. Sometime we forget, when we get a new phone. Webos20090606.
    Those are the links used last night. I am in developer mode for sure, just doubled checked. Going to try this on my wifes pc with these links you sent.

Thanks RL I appreciate your help very much.
    Novacomd can be manually enabled through webosQI.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    This I did not know. Where on webosQI do I see this?

thanks
    Most time not having this.....http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...m-devices.html on your computer, causes your PC not to recognize that your phone is connected to it.
    Could someone chime in to answer this question please.. I can't remember off hand. Not on my PC at the moment. It's on the upper left hand side I think.

Originally Posted by RL

(irondust)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Most time not having this.....[url] on your computer, causes your PC not to recognize that your phone is connected to it.
    Great! Thanks RL I'll give it a shot.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Could someone chime in to answer this question please.. I can't remember off hand. Not on my PC at the moment. It's on the upper left hand side I think.

Originally Posted by RL

(irondust)
    Finally got it!! I tried it on my wifes pc after installing novacomd file I had saved. Rebooted the pc and tried it again and it worked.

I'm not sure exactly sure why it didn't work on my pc. Actually I wish I knew exactly what I just did so I could have a better understanding how Preware works.

RL thanks I appreciate the guidance.
    If anybody's still paying attention to this thread I'm having trouble with Preware as well.

I attempted to follow the directions but it simply doesn't show up as an optio when clicking on the blue "down" arrow in WOSQI. Ar lleast not alphabetically. So I downloaded the standalone installer and eventually got it to say that Preware had been installed, but it doesn't show up in my launcher. What am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rauffrey View Post
    If anybody's still paying attention to this thread I'm having trouble with Preware as well.

I attempted to follow the directions but it simply doesn't show up as an optio when clicking on the blue "down" arrow in WOSQI. Ar lleast not alphabetically. So I downloaded the standalone installer and eventually got it to say that Preware had been installed, but it doesn't show up in my launcher. What am I doing wrong?
    I know how you're feeling. I struggled with this too. Are you at least getting WOSQI installer on your pc? I tried several times to install but couldn't get WOSQI to communicate with my phone.

I rebooted my pc and tried one last time and it loaded everything fine. Have you tried rebooting pc?
    Quote Originally Posted by rauffrey View Post

Type in 'preware' in universal search. If it doesn't come up then it probably didn't install.
    Go here and follow the directions carefully. http://install.preware.org/
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation