Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Turns out this was just me forgetting things. I installed the Muffle System Logging patch at around the same time I installed Lumberjack. Problem solved!

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  2.    #42  
    Dropped a new beta last night into the testing feed.

v0.4.1 brings better graphing to the resource monitor, and a way to clear the /var/log/messages file.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Turns out this was just me forgetting things. I installed the Muffle System Logging patch at around the same time I installed Lumberjack. Problem solved!
    Yeah, that would stop lumberjack from working...
    The Resource Monitor button is grayed out for me ... what am I missing? Thanks.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by webfellow View Post
    The Resource Monitor button is grayed out for me ... what am I missing? Thanks.
    It's only available for application selections in the "what to look for" selectlist.
    And that explains it.
  6.    #46  
    Pushed v0.4.2 to the testing feed.

Now it works on webOS2.0 and the Pre2.
    Seems to me as if all property requests are logged as "warning".
    If you want to get rid of the message, you can log into you phone and do:

$ sqlite3 /var/luna/preferences/systemprefs.db
    sqlite> delete from Preferences where key = "allowEditVoicemail";
    sqlite> .quit

and the warning will no longer be printed.
    I just downloaded Lumberjack 0.5.0 and tried Scene Timing, but couldn't get it to display anything. Logging works, but scene timing doesn't. Is there anything I have to do before scene timing will work?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  9.    #49  
    Go into your framework_config.json file and make sure your logLevel is nice and high, like 99. And set timingEnabled to true.

Then start lumberjack before your app, and use your app, then check out the scene timing.
    Oh, right, forgot about framework_config.json.

When I launched it after changing framework_config.json for my app, I still didn't see any scene timing. But, after pressing the button on the top-right of the timing scene, I got the scene times to show.

Maybe it should just show the scene times by default without having to press that button.
  11.    #51  
    It's like retrieve log in that it reads through and parses whats in the log all at once, at start or when you hit refresh. It doesn't follow the log.
    Just ran this on my pre2 and all the things it shows has me worried, as i do not know what any of them mean. Is there anything i should look for to know if there is something wrong?
  13.    #53  
    This app isn't really for end-users.
    Hello,
    Lumberjack is a great tool. I'm testing beta releases for some developer and with Lumberjack I already got the possibilities to give the devs a detailed log for finding failures many times.

My question: Is Lumberjack under active development yet?
    And another question: Is a version planned for Enyo?

Thank you, also for your great work. Without guys like you are, the webOS Community would be not the same.

ahel
    Quote Originally Posted by ahel View Post
    Hello,
    Lumberjack is a great tool. I'm testing beta releases for some developer and with Lumberjack I already got the possibilities to give the devs a detailed log for finding failures many times.

What's missing from the current version which requires more development?

What feature of Enyo would be so compelling for reading logs compared to the current app that it would justify the development effort?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16.    #56  
    Is Lumberjack under active development yet?
    It's pretty feature complete, there is nothing I'm working on at the moment, but if there are bugs or new ideas I would certainly look into it.
    Is a version planned for Enyo?
    One is started, but I haven't had time for it recently.

Thank you, also for your great work. Without guys like you are, the webOS Community would be not the same.
    Yes, thanks for Lumberjack and the other community contributions !
    Is there any Lumberjack for TouchPad (3.0.5) available?
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Is there any Lumberjack for TouchPad (3.0.5) available?
    The mojo version should work fine (in the "phone" window thing) on the touchpad.

Maybe I'll get back to the enyo version at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    The mojo version should work fine (in the "phone" window thing) on the touchpad.
    Maybe I'll get back to the enyo version at some point.
    Oh, thanks !
    I must have overlocked that mojo version in Preware.
    Thanks - it works very well for TouchPad too.
    Hello. First, a little background. I was writing programs back in the days when computers didn't necessarily have fixed disks, programs were counted in kilobytes, and monitors came in any color you wanted--as long as you wanted either green or amber on a black screen. Swapping out my (actually) floppy disks (the 8.5" ones and/or the 5.25" ones) to save programs was such a joy...

So...I'm not exactly a newbie to writing programs and apps (although it's been a loooooooong time since I've written any code). Because of the wonderful openness of webOS and at the prodding of my son, I may be heading back there, though. Just wanted to provide some context for my question below. But enough about me...

I've been trying for a long time to figure out what the root cause has been of my Google calendar sync problems. I found a promising thread that mentioned using Lumberjack to try to identify where/why the sync process may be going wrong.

So...I downloaded Lumberjack, and the information has been helpful...but it would be even more helpful if I better understood what the codes and their contexts meant (besides the "all's well" when a "200 status" pops up).

My question is this: I've done some searching over the interwebs, but I haven't yet found any references for decoding the log codes. Can you please direct me to something so that I can try to figure this calendar bug out once and for all?

Thanks so much for your help, and thanks also Oil for this truly wonderful tool. Much easier to examine logs this way than with the compiler-debuggers I used to work with back in the days of DOS...

Here's hoping...

treodoc
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast