Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Released v0.3.0 to the beta feeds today. Includes new "DBus Capture" option for debugging service requests. And a "Custom" option for filtering logs by whatever you want.
    Lumberjack 0.3.0 is not available in the public feeds.

The DBus Capture feature sometimes doesn't start. Toggle it off/on usually fixes it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    This is great for on-device debugging. Thanks guys!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    It figures, the day after I installed the "Muffle System Logging" and "Remove Dropped Packet Logging" patches this comes out. Now I want to re-enable the logging so I can browse them with the awesomeness that is LumberJack!

On second thought, the remove dropped packet logging will stay. Am I missing anything interesting by muffling the System Logs, or is most of the interesting stuff gonna be in the application logs which LumberJack gives me full access to?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    how can we copy the log to send to a dev about their app?
  6.    #26  
    You can tap on a line and choose "copy" to copy just that one line of the log. Or choose "copy from here", then tap on another line and choose "... to here" to copy a block of the log.
    Guys I'm wondering if anyone is getting the following error or knows what the error is for:
    Quote Originally Posted by error
    [2010-09-05 21:19:40] (LunaSysService) user.warning: getPreferences(): resultMap: [allowEditVoicemail] -> [---, length 4]
    This error seems to be popping up every 30 secs, I can only assume that it has something to do with my voicemail but am not sure.

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Guys I'm wondering if anyone is getting the following error or knows what the error is for:

This error seems to be popping up every 30 secs, I can only assume that it has something to do with my voicemail but am not sure.

Pip
    I get the same - seems to be a minor webOS bug.

-- Rod
  9.    #29  
    Note: this thread is not the proper place to ask about every random error you see in the logs
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I get the same - seems to be a minor webOS bug.

-- Rod
    Wss thinking that might be the case. Wonder if that it could have a negative effect on battery life since it runs every 30 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by oil
    Note: this thread is not the proper place to ask about every random error you see in the logs
    I probably should have realised that, my bad, I had googled the error and taken a quick look into some of the palm's doc, but yielded no results. I therefore thought this thread to be the most appropriate.
    However, if this thread is dedicated to the alpha testing of lumberjack then is there any desire to create a separate official thread or wiki on common error logs. A little user friendly resource for when this hits public feeds?

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    We also hope users/testers will use it to submit better bug reports.
    along these lines, an observation and some questions.
    -my log times are 6 hours ahead of my phone time- is there a way to make them match? (e.g. time=12:30, log says correct day, 18:30)

-i am learning, but still novice at understanding what means what as far as logs. i can figure out how to sort by application, etc. in the preferences; but, for instance, i am now trying to track down what causes huge swings in my battery drain in the same place/setting/running apps environment.
    the wiki has no instructions about what logs/errors/alerts mean, how they might tie in to battery usage (or anything else) or what a developer might want in a bug report outside of a specific app's log. i don't want to get chastised for asking about every log entry, as previous poster did.
    when might the wiki have info on what logs/errors/etc mean, how to use them, what to look for.... basically, how not to be an annoying user/tester?
    I think the time stated on the pre is greenwich mean Time (GMT).

holo650
    Thanks to this app a lot of my normal complaints of WebOS & Applications have been going to /dev/null since I have been able to fix them myself.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    I have a problem with my logging which may be related to Lumberjack. I installed Lumberjack today on my Sprint Pre and used it for a while, but found that I still preferred viewing log messages on my computer terminal via palm-log. I uninstalled Lumberjack, but now it seems that the system log level stays on "error" no matter what. I try palm-log --system-log-level info, then palm-log -f appid, and the only log messages I get are error messages. I don't know if this is due to something that Lumberjack did, but I'd like to know how I can get the system log level back down to info.
  15.    #35  
    When lumberjack starts, it sets the log level to debug (which is actually a level more verbose info.) Upon exit, lumberjack sets it back to the webos default of err.

You can test test the log level from novaterm/ssh with 'PmLogCtl show LunaSysMgrJS'

I tested what you said, and after lumberjack was closed the log level was err (as its programmed to do,) then I used the 'palm-log --system-log-level info' command and the log level was at info.

There are other reasons logs above error wouldn't show, such as setting logLevel to 0 in a framework_config.json?
    I have logLevel set to 99 in framework_config.json. Running 'PmLogCtl show LunaSysMgrJS' from Terminal and from novaterm shows:

Context 'LunaSysMgrJS' = info

It all indicates that Mojo.Log.info should be showing up, but I can't get anything. Mojo.Log.error prints a message, but it looks like Mojo.Log.warn also doesn't print a message.

Yeah, it's not that difficult to change all instances of Mojo.Log.info to Mojo.Log.error, but I just want to know what would be causing info level messages to not be logged.
  17.    #37  
    If you reinstall lumberjack and start it, do your info/warn messages show up?
    I reinstalled Lumberjack. I set the log level to Debug in the Preferences, then I clicked to follow the logs of my app. Both palm-log from the command line and Lumberjack still show only error-level messages. I can't get info/warn messages to show up.
  19.    #39  
    Have you tried orange+tap removing your app and reinstalling it?

I'm still unsure how lumberjack could have possibly caused this :/
    Orange+tap and reinstalling doesn't do anything. I'm not sure if it is Lumberjack either, but Friday I could get the app to display log messages just fine, Saturday I couldn't get info level messages to display, and the only other thing that could have affected the log level is Lumberjack which I installed on Saturday.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast