Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've noticed that what works for the Pre Plus, doesn't work for the Pre, and what works for the Pixie may not work for the Pre. So I wanted to ask the Sprint Pre users to share their best settings. My settings need still some tweaking so I'm not going to post them until I get one that works. Mainly I'm getting some flickering lines when using Youtube or a PDK app.
  2.    #2  
    Since nobody wants to share... I'll share what has been working for me since this morning:

Conservative profile
    500 - 720 Mhz

Compcache Enable
    32MB

So far I'm loving it....!!! I haven't mess around with the other settings and I think I'm going to keep it like this.
    I'm using Sceenstate 500/800. It seems good to me. I don't have a Conservative profile 500 - 720 Mhz option and I'm not sure how to enable compcache.
    I just installed govnah and uberkernel today and created a profile based on some other commenters on other threads. To get my configuration and compcache, I selected 'profile' then 'advanced settings' then 'CPU Frequency' to get 'conservative' which describes me so I hope it describes what I want. Then I changed min Freq to 500 (theoretically to improve battery life) and increased Freq step (at the bottom) to 50% (no idea what this is, I stole the idea and tried it). After applying those settings, hit 'Compressed Swap' which is where you enable Compcache and choose your memlimit. I want with 32 mb. It's working for me so far. After doing these things, I saved as a new profile and chose that new profile and we were off and running. Things run very smoothly, the temp is looking good and time will tell if the battery and speed work for me.

To sum up, my Sprint Pre is working great with the following profile:
    Conservative
    1sec
    60%
    25%
    false
    50%
    true
    32mb
    I was running Conservative 550/800 but switched to Sceenstate 500/800 because considering that my Pre spends 95% of the time with the screen off at idle or is sitting on the TS charger either in my car or at home, it just made more sense to run it. The only time you really need the higher clock speed is when you are using your phone. I can't tell any difference in battery life and have had no issues with reboots or freezing.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'm running screenstate 250/800 with compcache at 16MB. Works well for me, since my screen is off most of the time I'm at work. The scrolling is great when it's on, and I can boot up and play Radiant (which is awesome, by the way) with no lag and no problems. I figure the 250 might help extend the processor's life and keep the temp down, but that's just conjecture.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Since nobody wants to share... I'll share what has been working for me since this morning:

Conservative profile
    500 - 720 Mhz

Compcache Enable
    32MB

So far I'm loving it....!!! I haven't mess around with the other settings and I think I'm going to keep it like this.
    It's been 4 days since I've been using this configuration and I'm 100% satisfied with my configuration. My Pre has never ever been this great:
    No resets
    No slowness
    No freezing
    No too many cards open

Everything opens fast and just works! My advice to anybody who has installed a lot of applications and have multiple accounts for email, calendar and others is to use uberkernel with Govnah. It is a completely new experience!
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I was running Conservative 550/800 but switched to Sceenstate 500/800 because considering that my Pre spends 95% of the time with the screen off at idle or is sitting on the TS charger either in my car or at home, it just made more sense to run it. The only time you really need the higher clock speed is when you are using your phone. I can't tell any difference in battery life and have had no issues with reboots or freezing.
    Why don't you lower the frequency to say 250 or 125mhz if you are idling anyway? i have mine at 125-800 right now
    I'm using Screenstate 500/800. Compache enabled 24mb. Running like a champ.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    screenstate works very well, but i am afraid of battery drain it seems a bit high. I play cloud hopper and measuring battery drain i am getting 44%! is that high? sure seems like it.
    guys when you run conservative does it go down to 125 or 250 when the screen is off? Or when on the phone and the screen goes black
  12.    #12  
    My experience with going down to 250 is that my Palm Pre doesn't wake up as fast as when it is set at 500 and that bothers me a lot. I want my Palm Pre to be snappy and just fast. So I guess is up to the user to decide.
    Im bouncing back and forth between F105 and UK.
    I personally like F105 better but I know UK is more stable...
    So im back on UK im running it at
    500/1Ghz (in testing right now)
    I love it! definitely faster then 800, but for some reason still a tad bit slower then the F105
    How did you get UK to run at 1Ghz. Whenever I Set that it reverts to 800. I know i'm missing something by heck if I can find what it is.
    I'm running 500-800mhz. Sweet. @ dbtrade, gsonspre is not using uberkernal.. He is using another kernal, but bouncing from 1gz down to 800mhz. That's possible when you're using a higher mhz kernal, and changing the frequency in govnah.
    What does compcache actually do? How do you pick the right amount (24mb, 32mb, etc.)?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    How did you get UK to run at 1Ghz. Whenever I Set that it reverts to 800. I know i'm missing something by heck if I can find what it is.
    You need to enable the testing and kernel feeds in Preware to see an updated version of UK that runs at 1Ghz! The linke to set that up is at webos-internals.org I will try to find you the direct link to set that up!
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    I'm running 500-800mhz. Sweet. @ dbtrade, gsonspre is not using uberkernal.. He is using another kernal, but bouncing from 1gz down to 800mhz. That's possible when you're using a higher mhz kernal, and changing the frequency in govnah.
    The updated UK in the testing feeds will actually run at 1Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by gsonspre View Post
    You need to enable the testing and kernel feeds in Preware to see an updated version of UK that runs at 1Ghz! The linke to set that up is at webos-internals.org I will try to find you the direct link to set that up!
    Thanks for the offer. I can hook myself up with the testing feed if need be. I'm a little reluctant to do that unless I know that I could be without my phone for awhile if I need doctoring. I don't mind doctoring especially with how far things have come thanks to the bunch here. But sometimes I just have too much going on in my life to risk losing the phone at a critical time.

I just hadn't realized that the public released version would not go beyond 800.
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    guys when you run conservative does it go down to 125 or 250 when the screen is off? Or when on the phone and the screen goes black
    I did a battery test at both 250 and 500 and there was no battery savings, around 1% per hour at idle with both, but the thing I did not like about conservative was there was a little lag when spooling up from 250/500 to 800. I don't get this with the Sceenstate setting.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast