Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I downloaded 1.4.5 and then after the download i attempted to add uberkernel thru preware. the download completed w/o issue but then when i accepted the luna restart, the phone froze causing me to remove battery and restart. Upon replacing the battery, the palm logo appears as if it's loading and then fades and reappears again. I have been suffering with my old treo 755 for the past few days and trying to figure this thing out..... can anyone assist me with this issue?
    I would doctor the Pre and just reinstall Preware and uberkernel.
    Have you tried leaving the battery out for a few minutes and the rebooting, say for 5 to 10 minutes?

There are several methods on here to force a reboot, you can easily search for them.

Have you tried anything else? More information is always helpful.

Do you mean you didn't have uberkernel installed, before the update? Or were you just trying to update it?

Mind did this today, when my roommates laptop went nuts, but leaving the battery out for a few minutes finally got it to boot.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    i connect the phone to usb and choose web doctor on quick install and nothing happens, just closes quick install and phone continues to loop and doesnt come on- continues looping the palm logo. how would i know if doctor is operating properly? will try leaving the battery out and see also
    If you are in a boot loop, you first have to set the phone into recovery mode. Remove the battery, hold the volume rocker up. While still holding the rocker, insert the battery and connect the device to your PC (alternatively power it on). Either way, your pre should show you a new screen, which will tell you it's in recovery mode now. WebOS Doctor should recognize your pre now.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    <<Thread Moved, Renamed>>

Please post in the Uberkernel thread for more assistance.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Were you installing the testing version of uberkernel or the public release version?
    Either way provide a full bug report in the thread mentioned above with every detail included.
    You will either need to send a Uimage or you will need to recovery doctor.
    Go to webos-internals.org and click on the recovery page for the steps.
    And a full device restart is required not a luna.

Pip
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ok, i did that and now my screen shows an icon that looks like a usb, now do i just select web doctor from the file menu and it works?
    Yes, start the doctor and let it go to work.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Quote Originally Posted by kanucme View Post
    ok, i did that and now my screen shows an icon that looks like a usb, now do i just select web doctor from the file menu and it works?
    Did you provide a full bug report to the thrad?
    And you didn't say what uberkernel version you were installing?

Pip