1.    #1  
    I have been trying to put preware on my damn phone however to get the web os internals feed all where the preware should be "well guess what" it's not let alone the "package service manager" to begin downloading in order to get the preware on my phone I did it once however there were no themes on my preware or anything else this is becoming a hassle and very frusturating can SOMEONE/ ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME before I GO CRAZY-
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/09/2010 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Language
  2.    #2  
    I hove done the web doctor and everything else you can think of and I have yet to see the correct things under the manager when I get things running
    well the new preware has the theme feeds off by default i believe. so that is prob y you didnt see any. Preware is a stand alone program not requiring any other services be installed with it. You need to download webos quick install and follow the instructions to add preware there. also make sure your phone is in developer mode after you doctor it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddyc63 View Post
    I have been trying to put preware on my damn phone however to get the web os internals feed all where the preware should be "well guess what" it's not let alone the "package service manager" to begin downloading **** in order to get the preware on my phone I did it once however there were no themes on my preware or anything else this is becoming a hassle and very frusturating can SOMEONE/ ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME before I GO CRAZY-
    I believe you are using the wrong instructions, use install.preware.org (if you can't see url's type install.preware.org into your browser) for the correct instructions.

Check into the Preware thread about the themes, you need to enable it in the feed manager.

Pip
    <<Thread Moved>>

Use above link (or Preware link below) and try the "Installing Preware with the Standalone Installer"
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  6.    #6  
    I have followed all steps for proper installation but when following thr prompts it goes to webos internals feed- all then package service manager download and its not there what so ever I clicked the link you have provided as well and it doesn't take me anywhere maybe Im doing something wrong or im just a ****** lol
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Installing Preware with the Standalone Installer

Preware installers can be downloaded here: Preware Standalone Installers. These instructions are currently only for Mac and PC users.

1. Install the required software.
    1. Click here to verify that you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer and update it if needed.
    2. Click here to download the current webOS Doctor for your carrier and phone in a subdirectory you will remember (maybe "Palm"?). If you already have it, skip this step.
    * Do not run the webOS Doctor.
    2. Put your device into Developer Mode.
    * Windows users: When connecting your device to the computer for the first time, you will be prompted to install new hardware. Click Next to start the device installation. You may get a message regarding Novacom drivers not being installed. If so, you can disregard it. Once your device is installed, proceed with the Preware installation.
    3. Download the Preware Standalone Installer and place it in the same directory as the webOS Doctor .jar file.
    4. Run the Preware Installer.
    5. Click on the Tools menu and choose Install Drivers. This will install the Palm Novacom drivers for webOS devices.
    6. Once the drivers have finished installing, click on Install Preware. After Preware is installed, your device will be unresponsive for a few seconds while Luna restarts.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I have followed all steps for proper installation but when following thr prompts it goes to webos internals feed- all then package service manager download and its not there what so ever I clicked the link you have provided as well and it doesn't take me anywhere maybe Im doing something wrong or im just a ****** lol
    You're following the wrong instructions. Read the correct ones I directed you to, or use the standalone installer if you wish.

Pip
    It sounds like you are using an older version of webOS Quick Install. You need to replace it with the newer version. You can get it here: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Freddyc63 is reporting via PM that: It never prompts me to see if I wanna connect it to USB or not
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Freddyc63 is reporting via PM that: It never prompts me to see if I wanna connect it to USB or not
    That sounds like a novacom problem. Maybe it not running.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I have a novacom problem myself. It gives me an error: Failed to connect to server when I try to start novacom. I'm on Ubuntu Linux 9.10 if that helps. I had preware on my old pre that I lost and now can't figure this bit out to reinstall it.
    Sorry, figured it out. Had to reinstall novacom. palm-novacom_1.0.55_i386.deb