1.    #1  
    just wondering if someone could tell me why the testing feeds will not show up in preware. I know how to add the feed as I have ran all the Kernels before. After the feeds were pulled I ended up doctoring my pre. After I reinstalled preware I have not been able to add this feed again. In an attempt to pre-empt all the sarcastic comments to follow this about my not deserving access to this feed because I am looking for help I will rephrase the question. Is there something wrong with my preware? Any help would be great as I have ran all of unixpsychos kernels and now the uber is just not cutting it.

p.s. I love this Phone, OS, and Community. I have been eligible for an upgrade for while now but feel that until palm releases new hardware, anything else would be a downgrade. Rock On webos internals. Without you guys webos is broken...
    Quote Originally Posted by jay12345 View Post
    just wondering if someone could tell me why the testing feeds will not show up in preware. I know how to add the feed as I have ran all the Kernels before. After the feeds were pulled I ended up doctoring my pre. After I reinstalled preware I have not been able to add this feed again. In an attempt to pre-empt all the sarcastic comments to follow this about my not deserving access to this feed because I am looking for help I will rephrase the question. Is there something wrong with my preware? Any help would be great as I have ran all of unixpsychos kernels and now the uber is just not cutting it.

p.s. I love this Phone, OS, and Community. I have been eligible for an upgrade for while now but feel that until palm releases new hardware, anything else would be a downgrade. Rock On webos internals. Without you guys webos is broken...
    If you want serious help, then you need to detail your phone / webos version / preware version / what feeds your are trying to add, their url and specific name / and what instructions you are following.
    Anything short of that and I will assume user error, and I am trying to help

Pip
  3.    #3  
    palm pre sprint
    webos-testing-armv7
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7
    webos internals wiki page
    Do you have the first one listed on the testing feeds wiki page?

Target Device: ALL
    Name: webos-testing-all
    URL: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/

Target Device: Pre/Pre+
    Name: webos-testing-armv7
    URL: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/
    That is not the feed for the testing kernels. Read this:

http://forums.precentral.net/2532084-post3.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    That is not the feed for the testing kernels. Read this:

http://forums.precentral.net/2532084-post3.html
    Thanks gapost! I missed that post somehow. I still use the old feeds (above) and they work fine... wish I'd have seen your linked post yesterday after I ran the Doctor - it would have saved me a lot of typing!
    Also, everyone should use save/restore to back up their feeds, to allow easy reinstallation of those feeds, we won't run into these problems then

Pip
    I used Save/Restore, but for some reason one of my feeds didn't reinstall. Weird. Wasn't a biggie, but stuff happens even with the greatest of apps
    everything you need to know to add feeds including testing feeds can be found by simply typing 'wiki preware feeds' on your pre....not trying to be an *** or anything...but didn't seem to be that hard to look up
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I used Save/Restore, but for some reason one of my feeds didn't reinstall. Weird. Wasn't a biggie, but stuff happens even with the greatest of apps
    Did you open Preware up before doing the restore?
    If you can reproduce the problem then I'm sure rod or adam would take a look in the save/restore thread.

Pip
  11.    #11  
    thanks everyone.... And sledge I did search, quite a bit accually. This the first time I've seen the new url.
    I'm sure this info is widely available, but I can't find it.

Can someone please link me or supply the Name and URL for the Kernel testing feed. I want to add thunderbird and I can't find the feed URL and Name. I want the feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonger1150 View Post
    I'm sure this info is widely available, but I can't find it.

Can someone please link me or supply the Name and URL for the Kernel testing feed. I want to add thunderbird and I can't find the feed URL and Name. I want the feed.
    Testing feed information, their warnings and their rules are all freely available on http://webos-internals.org

However, it is a general consensus that if you can't find the info don't install them, as you likely also won't be able to find the info to sort your device out when you break it.

Pip
    It's actually not widely available so don't feel bad - this is by design in order to prevent casual people installing it and sustaining damage to their data and/or devices without providing informed consent. I won't post the URL here for that reason - but I promise it's in a logical and not-too-hard-to-find location.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Testing feed information, their warnings and their rules are all freely available on Main Page - WebOS Internals

However, it is a general consensus that if you can't find the info don't install them, as you likely also won't be able to find the info to sort your device out when you break it.

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    It's actually not widely available so don't feel bad - this is by design in order to prevent casual people installing it and sustaining damage to their data and/or devices without providing informed consent. I won't post the URL here for that reason - but I promise it's in a logical and not-too-hard-to-find location.
    Ditto!

Seek and ye shall find!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I am pretty knowledgable actually. I used to flash over my own Palm treo 650 like weekly. If it craps out I'm figure out a fix. I already have all homebrew installed already, my phone barely resembles a Palm Pre now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonger1150 View Post
    I am pretty knowledgable actually. I used to flash over my own Palm treo 650 like weekly. If it craps out I'm figure out a fix. I already have all homebrew installed already, my phone barely resembles a Palm Pre now.
    Nobody questioned your knowledge. We we just stating the ethos of the testing kernels. The devs want tester who are willing to follow the threads a little religiously and be rather active.

Pip