1.    #1  
    In an earlier build of Govnah, users were able to set the amount of overlocking manually in the screenstate setting. So I kept mine at 500/720.

However, this newer version of govnah appears to have only presets, which is a prob for me, because while running at 720mhz worked fine for me, running at 800 (which is the only option given) produces frequent lockups and slowdowns. How can I revert to an older govnah version or fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown91 View Post
    In an earlier build of Govnah, users were able to set the amount of overlocking manually in the screenstate setting. So I kept mine at 500/720.

However, this newer version of govnah appears to have only presets, which is a prob for me, because while running at 720mhz worked fine for me, running at 800 (which is the only option given) produces frequent lockups and slowdowns. How can I revert to an older govnah version or fix this?
    Actually this is still available in the advanced settings menu under frequency. You can choose your min and max frequency and save it as a new profile if you wish.

Tap Profile, Tap Advanced Settings, Tap Frequency and voila...
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Actually this is still available in the advanced settings menu under frequency. You can choose your min and max frequency and save it as a new profile if you wish.

Tap Profile, Tap Advanced Settings, Tap Frequency and voila...
    This! And I think you meant overclocking.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4.    #4  
    Wow, thanks guys!

Oh, and was uberkernel ever modified to allow the phone to run in a lower cpu frequency than 500mhz when the screen is off?
    Wow, thanks guys!

Oh, and was uberkernel ever modified to allow the phone to run in a lower cpu frequency than 500mhz when the screen is off?
    Yes, but know that not all phones work well at the lower frequencies. So YMMV.

Don't forget to click the "Thanks" button to the right.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Wow, thanks guys!

Yes, just tap on CPU Frequency under Advanced Settings, and you can set the minimum to as low as 125MHz in screenstate. This setting however may cause sluggishness with some phones as well as freezing and over heating issues.
    Last edited by vza33; 08/05/2010 at 09:36 AM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    250 mhz is as low as mine goes without issues. 125 mhz locks my Pre up.
  9. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    250 mhz is as low as mine goes without issues. 125 mhz locks my Pre up.
    Does this increase your battery life by much?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Don't forget to click the "Thanks" button to the right.
    Yep, done. Thanks again.
    I've been running @ 1GHz/250 since the update and have not had any lockups at all... Gets a little warm with multiple pages and a couple of asphalt 5 races but kept an eye on it and seems to work for me