1.    #1  
    Hi can anyone direct me to any resources that help me get started with creating patches. Ex where critical files are the linux filesystem/what they are for, creating backgrounds services, where to place scripts etc...
    I honestly have no idea. But, I would love to match patches myself. But, I just wanted to commend you for trying to help out in the Precentral community. I wish you the best . Sorry I couldn't help. Tell me if you find what you are looking foor.
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    Hi can anyone direct me to any resources that help me get started with creating patches. Ex where critical files are the linux filesystem/what they are for, creating backgrounds services, where to place scripts etc...
    Do you have an understanding of Javascript, HTML, CSS and the structure of webOS applications?
    Here's the patches "how to" You can do it on your device or through the emulator.

Applying Patches - WebOS Internals

I would first get the sdk from Palm, read through their site. There's a lot of good info there.

Home - Palm Developer Center
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Also check out Jason's Unified Diff Creator

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...f-creator.html