1.    #1  
    Hello i have updated Preware to the newest version 1.2.6. When i try to install the patch it does not install, before i tried to install this patch i have already installed some other patches and applications. (Internalz, Doom, Quake, Terminal, Titan Stopwatch, VisualBoyAdvance, Diffstart, GNU Patch, Lsdiff, FileMgr, SysToolsMgr, Upstart Manager Service)

IPKG Log

Identify
    org.webosinternals.emergency-fstab-fixer

Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed"true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERTIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCESS" }

Postinst
    Removing package org.webosinternals.emergency-fstab-fixer from root...

Completed
    Nothing Interesting.

Please helpO
    Last edited by Filipxy; 08/02/2010 at 05:41 AM. Reason: WebOS version
    I believe that when you instal that patch... It looks like it isn't installed when you go back to it in Preware. I installed it from Preware and when I did the lunarestart, I looked @my installed packages and did not see it. From my understanding it does the 'fix' and then that's it. Try searching my name for a thread regarding atari 2600 & vba emulators and I think your answer lies in there.
  3.    #3  
    I hope you are wright but then Navit and vba should work but they do not. But perhaps i must unistall everything in Preware and than apply the patch.

I think because of the bug in the webOS 1.4.5 the apps do not work because they can not write to the directory /media/internal. Sou if the writing to this directory coud be re enabled the apps should work again.
    I have the same problems with the vba not working even after using the fstab fix.... I basically just wrote that app off for now, maybe a new update will fix that, would have been cool to check out but not super high on my priority list at the moment.... There are just too many other things I'm interested in to be overly concerned with vba.... Besides I have a couple of good games, asphalt and hawx, takes care of my gaming neds for now
  5.    #5  
    I understand that. But why does not Duke3D work, could it be possible, using the terminal to re enable writing to the directory. Using the "German commands"
    Last edited by Filipxy; 08/02/2010 at 09:52 AM.
    not sure... I had it d/l'ed and didn't even try it out.... Doesn't work for me either, but the doom app seems to work albeit almost to difficult to play with the keyboard layout as is.
  7.    #7  
    Well at least i can play Doom and Quake . sledge007 thanks for the quick replay
    no problem just killin time on a long weekend monday in my work truck...hope I helped, you certainly helped out my workday.... Only another couple hours and i'll be done
  9.    #9  
    I hope that also the developers and patchers of webOS will also response to my thread.
    The EFF and other E** packages aren't patches.

They don't "install" per se. They install as far as that is the action that causes the package manager service to extract and run the packages postinst script, which performs what that package is meant to do, and then it removes itself so you can run the fix again later if needed. You can't "remove" or "un-fix" what the E** package has done.

I see no problem with the log in the OP.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    The EFF and other E** packages aren't patches.

They don't "install" per se. They install as far as that is the action that causes the package manager service to extract and run the packages postinst script, which performs what that package is meant to do, and then it removes itself so you can run the fix again later if needed. You can't "remove" or "un-fix" what the E** package has done.

I see no problem with the log in the OP.
    Thank you for the answer, and explaining how the package "works" !