Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Can someone please explain to my what the 7 numbers of the voltage pertain to in govnah? As I understand they pertain to specific clock speeds so please break it down for me. What # = What speed??
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Can someone please explain to my what the 7 numbers of the voltage pertain to in govnah? As I understand they pertain to specific clock speeds so please break it down for me. What # = What speed??
    Each number is an "OPP point" for the CPU, i.e. voltage & speed etc.

First number on the left is the fastest speed the kernel allows (i.e. 1GHz with F105, and 1.2GHz with SR71), and each succeeding number to the right are the lower speeds, in decreasing order.

If you're running a prior version of F105 or SR71, the 6th and 7th numbers on the right don't do anything, as they correspond to 125 & 250MHz which aren't used with these kernels. If you have the new -99 release, they don't appear any longer.

The only thing that's kind of confusing is the voltage settings for each OPP point displayed counts down from left to right (from OPP7 to OPP3, or 1 depending on kernel).
    Running F105, and have been slowly decreasing my voltage settings by 2. I upgraded to F105-99 last night (which already has lower voltages than before) and am currently running the following: 62 58 54 42 34 without any problems so far.

To gauge stability, I run a few apps, nav, Govnah, Preware, speed test, then leave the settings active for a few hours. If stable, lower by 2 and try again. Although I've got a hunch I'm nearing the lower limit.
    Is it possible to get a board revision number to go with voltage settings?

There must be different hardware around since I can run SR-71 and others can not.

This would help when posting voltage information I suspect. Maybe we can generated different profiles based on this too.
    Running the Thunderchief .97 in screenstate 1005/500 with voltage setting 60/1005 and 34/500. Runs cool and smooth so far with Preware and Govnah running and some other apps opened (tried even a 3D-Game for some time). Charging on the touchstone as normal, not getting hot or anything. Just sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by evertec View Post
    Turns out this whole loading apps faster thing without the fast card patch is probably just a perception thing... while it seems without the fast card patch the app begins to display quicker, I ran benchmarks using a stopwatch as to how fast it actually takes to completely load the app. I ran each after a luna restart and closed the previous apps before loading the next, and averaged the result of 3 times. Here are my results

photodialer:
    with fast card patch: 2.04 seconds
    without fast card patch: 1.75 seconds

messaging:
    with fast card patch: 2.03 seconds
    without fast card patch: 2.1 seconds

email:
    with fast card patch: 1.25 seconds
    without fast card patch: 1.25 seconds

web browser:
    with fast card patch: 1.73 seconds
    without fast card patch: 1.8 seconds

calendar:
    with fast card patch: 1.9 seconds
    without fast card patch: 2.025 seconds

music:
    with fast card patch: 1.866 seconds
    without fast card patch: 2.0 seconds

videos:
    with fast card patch: 2.35 seconds
    without fast card patch: 2.55 seconds

calculator:
    with fast card patch: 1.73 seconds
    without fast card patch: 1.866 seconds

pictures:
    with fast card patch: 2 seconds
    without fast card patch: 2.2 seconds

mobile hotspot:
    with fast card patch: 2.35 seconds
    without fast card patch: 2.38 seconds

device info:
    with fast card patch: 1.7 seconds
    without fast card patch: 2.3 seconds

help:
    with fast card patch: 2.175 seconds
    without fast card patch: 3.475 seconds

So except for photodialer it looks like the fast card patch actually does speed things up a tad.
    That's a great test you did there and all,thanks for that. But as we all know, results will vary with every other persons phone. Much like how many people can not run sr71, the same could be said about the faster cards animation with glow in relation to performance results.
    for me, and a few others here already; removing the patch has shown and proven a great difference in speed and responsiveness. Your results compared to others who have agreed with me have had far different results than those posted on your experiment.
    I am convinced enough to the point where I will never install the faster anims and glow patch ever again.

I simply didn't need a stopwatch experiment to prove to me the difference in speeds between the prprpr&#$275$;'$s$ $stock$ $card$ $animation$ $with$ $glow$, $compared$ $to$ $the$ $faster$ $card$ $animations$ $with$ $faster$ $glow$ $patch$. $Why$? $Because$ $many$ $of$ $my$ $apps$ $pop$ $up$ $immediately$ $the$ $moment$ $I$ $touch$ $the$ $icon$ $of$ $the$ $app$ $I$ $am$ $selecting$ $to$ $open$. $And$ $in$ $your$ $test$,$u$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $a$ $single$ $app$ $that$ $you$ $tested$ $to$ $record$ $that$ $result$ $with$ $the$ $faster$ $anims$ $and$ $glow$ $patch$.

-- This has been my experience. I am well aware that my results do not reflect what everyone else would experience as well --

I'l start a thread on this topic. I'd love to see the responses from others and get feedback.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Hold Vol up button before power on. Have usb connected to PC
    yeah thats called emergency flash. and no it didnt work i did it a different way but thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Both the latest SR71 and F105 run great on my PrePlus. I've started testing voltage settings with F105. Here's what I've been running for a day with no problems. I'll continue to test lowering the voltage on 1ghz and 500mhz before I start tweaking 900, 800, and 700mhz.

1ghz - 62
    500mhz - 32

If anyone else has been successful running different voltages please post your findings.

Thanks Unix for all of you work!
    I'm down to 1ghz - 60 and 500mhz - 30
    I am currently running my pre at 60 for 1ghz, 54 for 900 mhz, and 30 for 500mhz. Yesterday I was able to stream Pandora for 6 hours and 55 min before the pre died. If I put the voltage at 28 or 29, the audio will not play when the screen is off.

---- so how do you change the voltage and what is the sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmzero View Post
    yeah thats called emergency flash. and no it didnt work i did it a different way but thanks
    If you can doctor the phone (which I think I read you did), using the method he was suggesting to use novaterm & perform a bootmem of a uImage should also be able to work and is much faster when all you need to do is restore a kernel.

Long as your file system didn't get corrupted, if that happens you're probably best off visiting the doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post

There must be different hardware around since I can run SR-71 and others can not.

This would help when posting voltage information I suspect. Maybe we can generated different profiles based on this too.
    I'm pretty sure this isn't going to help. From what Rod & others have said, they have found no logical relation between hardware rev's or production dates, and which Pre's are strong vs weak.

We're pushing them so far beyond what the CPU was originally QC'd for that we're likely experiencing the mfg tolerances during chip mfg that give us this random range of performance (i.e. which Pre's run 800, 1G or 1.2G, stable or not, and with what voltage).
    just some results of my voltage tweaking. F105
    57= crash
    58-60 unstable (youtube will crash)
    61= so far so good. For a super test I ran youtube while downloaded preware feeds. I have 500mhz @ 30. 28 would crash. 29 seemed stable but I bumped it up one to be safe.
    just some results of my voltage tweaking. F105
    57= crash
    58-60 unstable (youtube will crash)
    61= so far so good. For a super test I ran youtube while downloaded preware feeds. I have 500mhz @ 30. 28 would crash. 29 seemed stable but I bumped it up one to be safe.
    I am undergoing a test of 1ghz with a voltage setting of 66C and my temp has been a steady 22C my phone feels cold lol (a phone has never bricked from low temps)

Since I have a youtube channel and i upload videos directly from my Pre I will upload a video and do some other multiple multitasking during the upload of the video. Lets see what happens, Ill report back with my results.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Running F105:
    1ghz - 58 & 500mhz - 30, Rock Solid
    1ghz - 57 & 500mhz - 29, Random lockups or fails to wake up from 500

I have not played with any of the other speeds yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post

All board revisions and even chip silicon revisions are identical as far as we have seen.

The variability is simply the normal variability of the semiconductor fabrication process. The devices are only tested to 600MHz and whether a particular chip will operate beyond that frequency is purely random.

-- Rod
    Back with some brief results. Since my last post, the power of the chief + voltage tweaks my beauty has made the sun brighter while also keeping my phone at 30C max temperature I uploaded a video, then when it uploaded opened and received/read my emails and replied to every one via my youtube channel; went into desktop view to reply to my video comments and edited the video I uploaded via my PrPrPr&#$275$; $and$ $played$ $a$ $video$ $of$ $mine$ $in$ $both$ $my$ $internal$ $video$ $and$ $the$ $same$ $uploaded$ $video$ $itself$ $simultaneously$ $at$ $66$% $battery$ $and$ $edited$ $it$ $and$ $my$ $battery$ $only$ $took$ $a$ $12$% $battery$ $hit$ $during$ $that$. ($about$ $30$ $minutes$ $of$ $use$) $When$ $I$ $view$ $a$ $video$, $be$ $it$ $youtube$ $or$ $my$ $internal$ $videos$ $my$ $card$ $doesn$'$t$ $even$ $load$ $up$ $pop$ $up$: $it$ $goes$ $straight$ $to$ $the$ $video$, $buffers$ $and$ $plays$ $smooth$. $No$ $hicups$. $I$ $also$ $had$ $precentral$ $forums$ $open$ $just$ $to$ $add$ $extra$ $juice$ $to$ $the$ $test$. $All$ $is$ $good$. $Habanero$ $spice$ $fast$ $with$ $a$ $sprinkle$ $of$ $ghost$ $chii$

Yes it is light-medium use. So it suits me + some
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 08/06/2010 at 06:13 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    RoLLEemUp:
    Could you list your voltage #s for the F105?
    I have been tweaking as well and would be curious to compare. Thanks!

- Thomas

Check this out Thomas and let me know what differences you noticed if any for your own tests.

they are screens of both 1ghz and 900mhz
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

For the first time since the -92 I have gotten readings over 38C. I was recording a couple videos and then uploaded to my youtube channel and viewed my videos during the upload. The max temp was a whopping 41C

This is the best thing to ever happen to a smartphone. Bringing the world of smart phones to terms of the awesomeness of WE ALL TOGETHER, one PALM at a time.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1
    1.2Ghz SR71-92
    Govnah 0.6.6
    Voltages 76 64 62 60 36 36 30 (last two not working in SR71)
    Need For Speed CPU Temp not higher than 49
    Screen On Temp @ 1.2Ghz hovering at 38
    Screen OFF Temp @ 500mhz 28

Was unable to run Need For Speed @ 1.2Ghz before sr71-92. It now runs smooth as silk & Preware loads just fine for me. I will provide more updates as testing continues upon the override parameters.

Thanks to Unixpsycho, Preware, related team members, and quality testers! I will be making another donation to the Preware team.
    ** Update **

Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1
    1.2Ghz SR71-92
    Govnah 0.6.6
    Voltages 74 62 60 58 34 36 30 (last two not working in SR71)
    Need For Speed CPU Temp not higher than 51 (when loading) 49 playing
    Screen On Temp @ 1.2Ghz hovering at 41
    Screen Dimmed @ 1.2Ghz hovering at 39
    Screen OFF Temp @ 500mhz 35

Had my first experience with choppy race play on Need For Speed with the config above. Loaded in order Govnah, Preware, Camera, Email… it works flawlessly.
    Last edited by delete2end; 08/07/2010 at 02:47 AM.