Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmzero View Post
    how do u boot from an image when the pre doesnt even stay on??? ur remark helped alot
    Seriously, not this stuff again... Please refer to Page 1, Post one of this thread
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I have been testing F105 since it's inception with no problems at all...the speed has been awesome and the performance and battery life great as well. I tried sr-71 when it first came out and my phone did not like it...it would work for about 10 minutes then reboot so i went back to F105. I decided to try it again on my sprint pre yesterday and it worked great for 30 minutes lighting fast with 3d game, you tube, messaging, web and camera open at the same time. Temps were below 40 consistently until I opened preware! The feeds downloaded and then in the middle of loading the packages it went into reboot. I replayed this scenario at higher voltage and lower with consistent results. lighting fast with everything, except every time preware was opened it reboot during package loading? Any feedback or suggestions? Or am I stuck at 1GHZ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dmband64 View Post
    I have been testing F105 since it's inception with no problems at all...the speed has been awesome and the performance and battery life great as well. I tried sr-71 when it first came out and my phone did not like it...it would work for about 10 minutes then reboot so i went back to F105. I decided to try it again on my sprint pre yesterday and it worked great for 30 minutes lighting fast with 3d game, you tube, messaging, web and camera open at the same time. Temps were below 40 consistently until I opened preware! The feeds downloaded and then in the middle of loading the packages it went into reboot. I replayed this scenario at higher voltage and lower with consistent results. lighting fast with everything, except every time preware was opened it reboot during package loading? Any feedback or suggestions? Or am I stuck at 1GHZ?
    Preware loading feeds is a good stress test.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    thanks for the info...looks like I'm capped at 1GHZ. Not a complaint because it is an awesome improvement. All of your guys' work is awesome and appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware loading feeds is a good stress test.

-- Rod
    I've noticed that... seems to do a good job stressing many systems.

BTW, to everyone testing wildly lowered voltages, I would advise you NOT save a profile in Govnah with ridiculously lower voltages until you're sure they're safe & have tested reasonably well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    I've noticed that... seems to do a good job stressing many systems.

BTW, to everyone testing wildly lowered voltages, I would advise you NOT save a profile in Govnah with ridiculously lower voltages until you're sure they're safe & have tested reasonably well.
    Note that any changes saved via a Govnah profile are automatically disabled after an unclean shutdown.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that any changes saved via a Govnah profile are automatically disabled after an unclean shutdown.

-- Rod
    I'm aware of that great feature, but maybe I'm not fully up to speed on how it comes into play with voltage settings...

With a kernel like F105 that boots up at 1GHz, I was concerned that if you lowered the voltages with Govnah too far & it hung, that the new lower Vsel file settings might remain regardless. Or does the kernal start booting using it's default settings, then further into the boot process Govnah looks to apply the last used profile only if the flag for clean shutdown is set, and if not, let the kernel continue booting using default voltage settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    I'm aware of that great feature, but maybe I'm not fully up to speed on how it comes into play with voltage settings...

With a kernel like F105 that boots up at 1GHz, I was concerned that if you lowered the voltages with Govnah too far & it hung, that the new lower Vsel file settings might remain regardless. Or does the kernal start booting using it's default settings, then further into the boot process Govnah looks to apply the last used profile only if the flag for clean shutdown is set, and if not, let the kernel continue booting using default voltage settings?
    The latter. That's the inherent safety mechanism that Govnah employs for all changes that it makes.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmzero View Post
    how do u boot from an image when the pre doesnt even stay on??? ur remark helped alot
    Hold Vol up button before power on. Have usb connected to PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I keep hearing people say "it makes it feel faster" As if it were an illusion and it actually doesn't speed things up. It does make things faster. It saves you time opening apps and navigating between then. You can do things faster on a Pre with that patch. It doesn't just feel faster. It is faster.
    I could be wrong, but I believe that it seems as though you may have misunderstood my comment about the card animation with glow.
    My PrPrPr&#$275$; $apps$ $open$ $a$ $lot$ $faster$ $and$ $smoother$ '$without$ $the$ $faster$ $animation$ $cards$ $and$ $glow$ $patch$'. $Many$ $apps$ $of$ $mine$ $just$ $pop$ $up$ $instantly$ $now$ $immediately$ $right$ $after$ $I$ $touch$ $the$ $app$ $icon$, $skipping$ $the$ $card$ $animation$ $all$ $together$. $I$ $removed$ $the$ $faster$ $animation$ $card$ $and$ $glow$,$reverted$ $back$ $to$ $the$ $stock$ $card$ $animation$ $and$ $glow$. $And$ $since$ $have$ $been$ $leaving$ $a$ $trail$ $of$ $fire$ $and$ $smoke$ $like$ $the$ $Delorian$ $in$ $Back$ $To$ $The$ $Future$.

I left my home today with 100% battery @ around 9:30am and it lasted throughout the entire day and finallt hit 0% roughly at around 11:30pm before I put it in airplane mode. I didn't do heavy usage, nomally don't. Played my music player for about an hour and a half straight, took some video and photos at the beach, facebook beta, top bar bg running all day in the background, weather icon, and brightness uninked in the background running all day as well. Spent some of the day in airplane mode. When I was about 30 minutes into airplane mode with 0% battery (show true battery percentage patch) I got home and my phone was still on and when I plugged the charger it didn't pop up the full screen battery charging with black background, soft or hard boot. That was pretty cool to me. It was on the charger for about 30 minutes and it juiced up to 61% that seems pretty darned fast to me. Hmmm

The temperature never went past 37C.
    So far I have only experienced one hard boot randomly flipping through launcher pages, and my top bar bg wasn't visible after a luna restart before I left the house. A battery pull smoothed that out.
    I preset reset my phone every morning @ 6am.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 08/06/2010 at 04:36 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    My PrPrPr&#$275$; $apps$ $open$ $a$ $lot$ $faster$ $and$ $smoother$ '$without$ $the$ $faster$ $animation$ $cards$ $and$ $glow$ $patch$'. $Many$ $apps$ $of$ $mine$ $just$ $pop$ $up$ $instantly$ $now$ $immediately$ $right$ $after$ $I$ $touch$ $the$ $app$ $icon$, $skipping$ $the$ $card$ $animation$ $all$ $together$. $I$ $removed$ $the$ $faster$ $animation$ $card$ $and$ $glow$,$reverted$ $back$ $to$ $the$ $stock$ $card$ $animation$ $and$ $glow$. $And$ $since$ $have$ $been$ $leaving$ $a$ $trail$ $of$ $fire$ $and$ $smoke$ $like$ $the$ $Delorian$ $in$ $Back$ $To$ $The$ $Future$.
    Hmm, you're right, i removed the patch and things do seem to be opening faster. The mail app in particular used to flash a couple times but now it just immediately pulls up.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    now if we could only get Google maps to load quickly... it's still slow as dirt
    Both the latest SR71 and F105 run great on my PrePlus. I've started testing voltage settings with F105. Here's what I've been running for a day with no problems. I'll continue to test lowering the voltage on 1ghz and 500mhz before I start tweaking 900, 800, and 700mhz.

1ghz - 62
    500mhz - 32

If anyone else has been successful running different voltages please post your findings.

Thanks Unix for all of you work!
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 08/06/2010 at 08:16 AM.
    hmmm i guess i am going to have to try and remove the faster card and glow to see if this really does make a difference.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    hmmm i guess i am going to have to try and remove the faster card and glow to see if this really does make a difference.
    I just tried this a couple of minutes ago. I did not experience the positive results expressed in this thread. My card loads were slower without faster card animation installed. I re-loaded the patch and the Pre is MUCH snappier with it running.

It may just be quirk with each individual phone, much like the strong Pre/ weak Pre thing.
    rollemup, I just removed the hyper card animations patch. You're right, it did speed up loading apps. I notice navigating WebOS is now a little slower than before since the patch is removed. Would there be a way for someone to make a patch that just sped up swiping cards and launcher pages?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I am not sure whether removing fast card animations really speeds things up. I did remove the patch and noticed that the loading card sometimes doesn't even glow once before the app opens, so it seems faster. However the cards do move much slower, so maybe the faster animation patch just allows the animation to load.

We would need a software timer to really do a fair comparison, or a side by side video. For now I think it could just be perception. Feels faster without the patch to me though.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Both the latest SR71 and F105 run great on my PrePlus. I've started testing voltage settings with F105. Here's what I've been running for a day with no problems. I'll continue to test lowering the voltage on 1ghz and 500mhz before I start tweaking 900, 800, and 700mhz.

1ghz - 62
    500mhz - 32

If anyone else has been successful running different voltages please post your findings.

Thanks Unix for all of you work!
    I am currently running my pre at 60 for 1ghz, 54 for 900 mhz, and 30 for 500mhz. Yesterday I was able to stream Pandora for 6 hours and 55 min before the pre died. If I put the voltage at 28 or 29, the audio will not play when the screen is off.

Anyways thank you Marco for your hard work.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Turns out this whole loading apps faster thing without the fast card patch is probably just a perception thing... while it seems without the fast card patch the app begins to display quicker, I ran benchmarks using a stopwatch as to how fast it actually takes to completely load the app. I ran each after a luna restart and closed the previous apps before loading the next, and averaged the result of 3 times. Here are my results

photodialer:
    with fast card patch: 2.04 seconds
    without fast card patch: 1.75 seconds

messaging:
    with fast card patch: 2.03 seconds
    without fast card patch: 2.1 seconds

email:
    with fast card patch: 1.25 seconds
    without fast card patch: 1.25 seconds

web browser:
    with fast card patch: 1.73 seconds
    without fast card patch: 1.8 seconds

calendar:
    with fast card patch: 1.9 seconds
    without fast card patch: 2.025 seconds

music:
    with fast card patch: 1.866 seconds
    without fast card patch: 2.0 seconds

videos:
    with fast card patch: 2.35 seconds
    without fast card patch: 2.55 seconds

calculator:
    with fast card patch: 1.73 seconds
    without fast card patch: 1.866 seconds

pictures:
    with fast card patch: 2 seconds
    without fast card patch: 2.2 seconds

mobile hotspot:
    with fast card patch: 2.35 seconds
    without fast card patch: 2.38 seconds

device info:
    with fast card patch: 1.7 seconds
    without fast card patch: 2.3 seconds

help:
    with fast card patch: 2.175 seconds
    without fast card patch: 3.475 seconds

So except for photodialer it looks like the fast card patch actually does speed things up a tad.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    ...Played my music player for about an hour and a half straight, took some video and photos at the beach, facebook beta, top bar bg running all day in the background, weather icon, and brightness uninked in the background running all day as well.
    Instead of running brightness unlinked you should look into that patch that's not on preware (I believe) that just swaps the ratio of brightness with screen and keyboard. Screen 100% = kb 0% ... Screen 0% = kb 100%... it's somewhere on the forums. I must find it.
Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast