Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
    sorry unix, it was the -21. Attempting reinstall now.

edit: Installed -73 with no issues, rebooted and running with no issues. Thanks again unix.
    Last edited by millworkman; 08/06/2011 at 09:33 PM.
    when is the boot screen coming for sr71 and also when I use sr71 it works for like a week then does a boot loop of it goin up until halfway through luna restart and the palm fades and does it over again and again and again if someone would tell me the reason why it does this all of a sudden would be nice
    I'm on 1.4.5 by the way
    i cant find the change log for the updated f-104 that i just updated to. it isnt in preware with the changes. just curious. everythign is running smoothly.
    thanks
    Tapping on the F104A icon in the launcher does not bring up the changelog?
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    it was not updated with the latest release info.
  7.    #1407  
    It was just a rebuild, no changes.
    Live free or DIE!
    I am running F104A v2.1.0-70 and am having extreamly good performance and battery life. I have almost no lag and after almost 5 hours of running time I am only down to 80% battery life. Running BatteryMonitor says I have 12 more hours of running time.

I did notice this kernel is no longer in the feeds. It this kernel the new UK?

Sprint Pre2, 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by troymiller View Post
    I am running F104A v2.1.0-70 and am having extreamly good performance and battery life. I have almost no lag and after almost 5 hours of running time I am only down to 80% battery life. Running BatteryMonitor says I have 12 more hours of running time.

I did notice this kernel is no longer in the feeds. It this kernel the new UK?

Sprint Pre2, 2.1.0
    I believe that F104A is currently at v2.1.0-59

EDIT: My launcher icon still says -59 but Govnah / Preware says -71. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by MudShark22; 08/09/2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Made a mistake...it happens
    The two 'stable' kernels (at least as of this morning) are:
    Uberkernel v2.1.0-18 and
    AV8B Harrier II v2.1.0-71
    this was a testing feed kernel.

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter
    My apologies: The icon on my launcher says -59 but Govnah says -71 for F104A as does Preware.
    I have a Verizon Pre 2 with WebOS 2.0.1
    I have been running the F104A kernel smoothly for several months, but wanted to try the F14 kernel. I installed the F14 and my Pre 2 was stuck on reboot with the Palm Logo. I doctored my phone and re-installed the F104A kernel. Then my phone was running really hot (avg deg in the mid 40s). I tried to reinstall the Stock Kernel, and my phone is again stuck in reboot with the Palm Logo. I'm afraid if I redoctor, I'll be going through the same issue with the F104A running too hot.
    I just want UberKernel with 200 mhz VDD2 ,It is hard to make?
  15.    #1415  
    Quote Originally Posted by ex_akira View Post
    I just want UberKernel with 200 mhz VDD2 ,It is hard to make?
    Take your inflammatory comment to the Uber Kernel thread.

Nice 1st post.
    Live free or DIE!
    thanks
    Switched from uberkernal to F104 Starfighter kernal about 3 weeks ago. Pre minus version 2.1.
    Performance
    1g
    compress/swap 24mb
    Pretty basic, but it was fast with no real problems...at first
    Noticed high battery current, then very poor battery usage. Fully charged to shutoff within 3-4 hours on idle...forget about it if it was in use. Wifi off. Battery hot at an average of 50C. I had to carry around an extra charged battery as often as possible just to get through a day.

Suddenly, three nights ago, the phone just start to shut off or as I ended up believing, the screen shut off and would not wake because the phone would remain very hot.
    I continuously pulled the battery to restart. Then, within minutes after full boot, shuts off again...over and over with the battery pulls.
    I have yet to find a replacement for the Pre3, so i'm trying to hold onto my Pre until a phone grabs me.
    I just doctored back to 1.4.5, its been over four hours, no problems so far. Keep you posted if the problems persist, but I think removing the kernal then doctoring may have solved the issue. Of course i want to update back to 2.1, but i should probably play it safe since Sprint has nothing I want.
    Palm Pre Legacy WebOS 2.1
    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/holley2583/themes, Checkum' Out!
    Is it possible for something with compcache to get corrupted? I've been running F105 for a long time with the same profile without any issues until recently. Now most of the time when I try to change the compcache size or disable it all together my 2.1 pre+ reboots. Even when I get it disabled the amount of data in swap continues to grow throughout the day until the device freezes and becomes unusable. At this point I have to pull the battery and reset it. The size limit doesn't seem to take either. I can set the compcache to a set size yet the amount in swap grows way beyond that limit.

Anyone have ideas or suggestions what might be happening? I reverted to the original Palm kernel and the problem was still there.
  19.    #1419  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Is it possible for something with compcache to get corrupted? I've been running F105 for a long time with the same profile without any issues until recently. Now most of the time when I try to change the compcache size or disable it all together my 2.1 pre+ reboots. Even when I get it disabled the amount of data in swap continues to grow throughout the day until the device freezes and becomes unusable. At this point I have to pull the battery and reset it. The size limit doesn't seem to take either. I can set the compcache to a set size yet the amount in swap grows way beyond that limit.

Anyone have ideas or suggestions what might be happening? I reverted to the original Palm kernel and the problem was still there.
    Sounds like you have something eating your memory. Not necessarily a compcache problem. Especially since you have the same problem with stock kernel.

if you run out of memory and swap then bad things happen.

There's nothing to really get corrupt, the swap partition (backup to compressed mem) pointers just gets blown away at each boot. The drivers go with the kernel. So I assume you hav ea run away process killing memory.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Sounds like you have something eating your memory. Not necessarily a compcache problem. Especially since you have the same problem with stock kernel.

if you run out of memory and swap then bad things happen.

There's nothing to really get corrupt, the swap partition (backup to compressed mem) pointers just gets blown away at each boot. The drivers go with the kernel. So I assume you hav ea run away process killing memory.
    That's what I was thinking when it occurs on my Sprint meta 2.1 with F105-71.

On some reboots, I check govnah 1st thing and swap is already over 100MB!
    I cannot find out *** is running and eating the swap away!