Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18586364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
    well for the testing feeds all the kernels are available except the F104

Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Don't mean to be a pain, but, did you try looking? F104 is one of the 1st kernels I ever did. Namely for 1.4.x.
    Had a scary moment. Playing music via Koto & tried browsing the app cat. With a few other cards open. Started bogging down bad. Checked govnah, was @ 55*c & locked in @ 1.1Ghz. Even though I have temp settings to go down @ 50*c. Pretty much had to shut down to get it off 1.1 Ghz. Pre 2 running 2.0 & F104.
    Last edited by bradenfontaine; 06/08/2011 at 10:51 AM.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  3.    #1343  
    Guys,
    If you have a bug, you need to post the kernel log and the Govnah settings used during the time of crash or abnormal condition. How to get the logs and specific config files are scattered throughout the testing threads numerous times.
    Live free or DIE!
    Unix: any chance of getting SSV3 in any of the Pre kernels? I'd love to give it a spin.
  5.    #1345  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Unix: any chance of getting SSV3 in any of the Pre kernels? I'd love to give it a spin.
    F105 will probably get it soon since that's my testbed for bleeding features. I have some more things to add to it first. SSv2 is in feature lockdown awaiting inclusion into UberKernel barring any bugs that pop up.
    Live free or DIE!
    what is SSV2?
    see, on preware testing feeds it says that F104 is not available for 1.4.5 ouch!!! Any plans to bring it back?
    This is what you want. All the usual warnings apply.

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/1.4.5/

Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    see, on preware testing feeds it says that F104 is not available for 1.4.5 ouch!!! Any plans to bring it back?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    what is SSV2?
    SSv2 scales frequency based on screen state, and scales voltages based on load. This means you could have screen off 500mhz, screen on 1000mhz. then for each of those frequencies the processor voltage is scaled based on how much it is being asked to do.

SSv3 would scale based on screen state: screen off it would be a set frequency, and voltage would scale based on load. screen on it uses ondemand instead of a fixed frequency.

Thats my understanding, anyway.
  10.    #1350  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    I think some kernels didnt get rebuilt since i massacred the 1.4.5 config. But by popular demand 1.4.5 kernels have been given some life. So F104 should be in the feed now.
    Live free or DIE!
    thanks a lot uni
    I finally broke down and added F102A back to my phone (and some patches) after a long stint without either.

I also purchased touchstones for the first time (VZW sale).

Last night and yesterday I had some odd things happen while charging. The first was when I had the phone on the touchstone and made a minor change in Govnah from Medium to HIGH VDEMAND settings and saved this with the slider open. After doing this the phone started running at 800mhz and did not switch to 500mhz despite being on the Touchstone (Charger Override is set False).

Picking the phone up and putting it back on the Touchstone did make this switch down to 500mhz correctly.

Last night I set the phone on the touchstone and went to watch TV for an hour and a half and came back to find it very hot. By the time I launched Gov it was off the charger and running at 800 as expected and the CPU temp was 38C. I then launched Battery Monitor and found that the battery temp was 43C (a minute more or less after picking it up) which is very high for my phone.

Is there a Log I can grab from last night that will clearly indicate if it was running at 800mhz or not while on the touchstone? I am curious because the phone is normally not running this hot.
    crap, i just installed the starfighter kernal on 2 of my pre plus. works great on one, but the other just keeps looping the bootup script. both previously had the uber kernal, which i removed and put back to the stock kernal before installing starfighter. any ideas anyone?

both running 1.4.5.1
  14.    #1354  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I finally broke down and added F102A back to my phone (and some patches) after a long stint without either.

I also purchased touchstones for the first time (VZW sale).

Last night and yesterday I had some odd things happen while charging. The first was when I had the phone on the touchstone and made a minor change in Govnah from Medium to HIGH VDEMAND settings and saved this with the slider open. After doing this the phone started running at 800mhz and did not switch to 500mhz despite being on the Touchstone (Charger Override is set False).

Picking the phone up and putting it back on the Touchstone did make this switch down to 500mhz correctly.

Last night I set the phone on the touchstone and went to watch TV for an hour and a half and came back to find it very hot. By the time I launched Gov it was off the charger and running at 800 as expected and the CPU temp was 38C. I then launched Battery Monitor and found that the battery temp was 43C (a minute more or less after picking it up) which is very high for my phone.

Is there a Log I can grab from last night that will clearly indicate if it was running at 800mhz or not while on the touchstone? I am curious because the phone is normally not running this hot.
    Like i mentioned a few posts ago....

You also need to post what exact kernel version, OS version, govnah settings, etc... This has been mentioned quite a few times in these threads.
    Live free or DIE!
    [QUOTE=Unclevanya;2987083]Last night and yesterday I had some odd things happen while charging. The first was when I had the phone on the touchstone and made a minor change in Govnah from Medium to HIGH VDEMAND settings and saved this with the slider open. After doing this the phone started running at 800mhz and did not switch to 500mhz despite being on the Touchstone (Charger Override is set False).
    Like i mentioned a few posts ago....

You also need to post what exact kernel version, OS version, govnah settings, etc... This has been mentioned quite a few times in these threads.

Doh! Sorry I meant to do that.

Kernel Version is the F102A stable vesion: Looks to be v1.4.5-182 from what I can tell.

OS Version: 1.4.5.1 (VZW Pre Plus)

Govnah: Screenstate2 500/800 (Default F102A)
    No changes to any settings other than VDEMAND level which was changed from MED to HIGH and then later to OMG? I'm not using Govnah to manage this other than to change the level of VDEMAND.

CORRECTION: Earlier I said it was changed from Medium to HIGH VDEMAND - I was mistaken. It was when I changed from High to OMG? when I saw the 800mzh not change until I moved the phone off the charger and back and then later that day the temp condition occured.
  16.    #1356  
    Doh! Sorry I meant to do that.

Kernel Version is the F102A stable vesion: Looks to be v1.4.5-182 from what I can tell.

OS Version: 1.4.5.1 (VZW Pre Plus)

Govnah: Screenstate2 500/800 (Default F102A)
    No changes to any settings other than VDEMAND level which was changed from MED to HIGH and then later to OMG? I'm not using Govnah to manage this other than to change the level of VDEMAND.

CORRECTION: Earlier I said it was changed from Medium to HIGH VDEMAND - I was mistaken. It was when I changed from High to OMG? when I saw the 800mzh not change until I moved the phone off the charger and back and then later that day the temp condition occured.
    Well I dusted off F102A and booted it with default and threw it on TS and it scaled down as it should. Also lowered the temp limit (since I can't make it overheat to 55C easily) and it scaled down as well. So I cant find a problem.

A few notes:
    * F102's default charger poll is set to 30s. Not sure if you waited long enough to see the freq drop? That parameter is changeable.
    * The TS polling is a bit tricky. If the battery is fully charged then the scale back wont happen. It only scales back when it sees the battery receiving voltage, not discharging. So there will be cases where if it sits overnight, the freq will bounce between 500 and 800 due to charging and discharging. Nothing I can do about that since the mechanism to truly poll the TS is embedded within the modem, and Luna has that locked open.
    * Default overheat value is 55C on F102, so you may want to drop it to something you are comfortable with.
    Live free or DIE!
    Well I dusted off F102A and booted it with default and threw it on TS and it scaled down as it should. Also lowered the temp limit (since I can't make it overheat to 55C easily) and it scaled down as well. So I cant find a problem.

A few notes:
    * F102's default charger poll is set to 30s. Not sure if you waited long enough to see the freq drop? That parameter is changeable.
    * The TS polling is a bit tricky. If the battery is fully charged then the scale back wont happen. It only scales back when it sees the battery receiving voltage, not discharging. So there will be cases where if it sits overnight, the freq will bounce between 500 and 800 due to charging and discharging. Nothing I can do about that since the mechanism to truly poll the TS is embedded within the modem, and Luna has that locked open.
    * Default overheat value is 55C on F102, so you may want to drop it to something you are comfortable with.
    I waited about 3 mins - but it was fully charged.

The overheating didn't happen with Govnah open - and I can't verify that the speed was related. The unit was fully charged by the end and that was when it was hot.

The Overheat values were changed to 45 so it was close to kicking in and I'm comfortable that this is close to acceptable.
  18.    #1358  
    I waited about 3 mins - but it was fully charged.

The overheating didn't happen with Govnah open - and I can't verify that the speed was related. The unit was fully charged by the end and that was when it was hot.

The Overheat values were changed to 45 so it was close to kicking in and I'm comfortable that this is close to acceptable.
    Next time look at the CPU temp and send the kernel log quickly if it doesnt scale down. There are 2 temp sensors; the chassis and cpu. It's normal for the phone to get red hot on the TS but the CPU isnt showing signs of meltdown.
    Live free or DIE!
    Part of the issue seems to be that the screen never goes inactive since the touchstone makes it active. If I use Quick System Tasks and force the screen off will the Screenstate v2 governor notice that and scale back correctly?
    By the time I launched Gov it was off the charger and running at 800 as expected and the CPU temp was 38C. I then launched Battery Monitor and found that the battery temp was 43C (a minute more or less after picking it up) which is very high for my phone.
    Next time look at the CPU temp and send the kernel log quickly if it doesnt scale down. There are 2 temp sensors; the chassis and cpu. It's normal for the phone to get red hot on the TS but the CPU isnt showing signs of meltdown.
    How do I get a copy of the Kernel log easiest? Since I took the unit off the touchstone of course it was too late to see what scaling was doing at that point. I was too worried to think clearly about testing. I'm a touchstone newbie so I am not clear how hot these things are supposed to get - with the stock kernel it seemed cooler by a long shot.