Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15556061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
    wow that is sweet, how did you get it like that?
    gorgeous boot screen! F105 FTW!
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    oh so its the new f-105 boot logo, nice, might have to change from f-104 and for a bit.
    Has anybody gone from using f-104 that was running well switch to f-105? Thinking about it.
    Thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ltm thanks

ok so made the switch. so far so good. i notice the voltage is very high for 1005. higher than i had it set for 1.1 usng f-104. is it ok to lower these or do you need to be more careful with the new setting?
    just curious,
    thanks
  7.    #1287  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmynutzz View Post
    ok so made the switch. so far so good. i notice the voltage is very high for 1005. higher than i had it set for 1.1 usng f-104. is it ok to lower these or do you need to be more careful with the new setting?
    just curious,
    thanks
    Change voltages to whatever you want.

F105 and F104 use the same screenstate code in 2.1.0.
    Live free or DIE!
    Posted from a friends laptop. Thanks for the response. Good to know.

The update to SR71 combined with the update to Govnah is working very well so far. Way less battery drain (around 7% to less than 2%) plus the most AWESOMEST boot screen EVER!

Pre 2
    Last edited by matteebee13; 05/23/2011 at 10:59 AM.
    +1 on the boot screen
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    I'm lovin these new kernels. I just got 1 1/2 days use out of the F104 kernel (could've been more, but I've been beating on my phone with Preware patches this morning).

Switching back to SR71 now to check batt life after a full recharge.

*EDIT* That boot screen is full of WIN!
    Last edited by auTONYmous; 05/23/2011 at 12:42 PM.
    Hey, just wanted to do a quick post. I have been using F105 for the last two days on my Sprint Pre Plus 2.1.0 and it's been working great. Also been testing it on my daughters Sprint Pre Classic 2.1.0 for the last day and its been great.

I had posted in other threads about having complete lock up's where the battery needed to be pulled (AV8B stock Gov settings). This was happening primarily when on the Touchstone with or without apps open several times a day. Almost switched back to 1.4.5 on both phones after missing a very important text from my daughter (school in tornado lock down) last week.

Whatever is changed or different it seems to have solved the lock-up's on both phones and I'm very thankful.

I did notice one bug that may be in Govnah. I can't seem to change the scale down on low battery. It stays locked at 20%.

Thank You, Thank You!!!
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  13.    #1293  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    I did notice one bug that may be in Govnah. I can't seem to change the scale down on low battery. It stays locked at 20%.

Thank You, Thank You!!!
    Which kernel is this happening on? I just tried this on AV8B and it changes to everything, not locked at 20%.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Which kernel is this happening on? I just tried this on AV8B and it changes to everything, not locked at 20%.
    This happens with the f105 kernel. you can change the percentage to e.g. 5% but after a reboot it is back at 20%.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    F105 for me.

Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    I had posted in other threads about having complete lock up's where the battery needed to be pulled (AV8B stock Gov settings). This was happening primarily when on the Touchstone with or without apps open several times a day.
    Sprint Pre (-) metadoctor 2.1.0
    Have successfully used all psychokernels except SR71 @ stock Gov settings from the webos 1.X days through the current iterations in 2.X land.

However, I had my first significant issue (outside of SR71) with Harrier II-61.

- At first, subjectively speaking, it was very smooth. It "felt" like my phone was cruising along with 'snappy' response and fair to good battery life. I have a touchstone @ work and monitored the phone throughout the day.

- After about 14 hours of usage, I returned home around 830pm and dropped the phone on the touchstone (as the batt % was about 30).

- Got changed, had dinner, watched some TV. Came back to phone @ 930; noticed the clock still read "8:34 PM" while on TS; picked up phone and it was the 'hottest' its ever been.

- Could not get the phone out of exhibition mode. Pulled battery, let phone cool off for 20 minutes. Recovery / Membooted phone, tried to get some type of log from impostah with no success, switched kernels to F105. Phone is working as intended now.

I know there is not much objective data here; but when I saw the above quoted post this morning, I wanted to add my subjective experience.

I can try to repeat this weekend with Harrier II - 61 if needed.
    Regards,

- TOB
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Have successfully used all psychokernels except SR71 @ stock Gov settings from the webos 1.X days through the current iterations in 2.X land.

- At first, subjectively speaking, it was very smooth. It "felt" like my phone was cruising along with 'snappy' response and fair to good battery life. I have a touchstone @ work and monitored the phone throughout the day.

- After about 14 hours of usage, I returned home around 830pm and dropped the phone on the touchstone (as the batt % was about 30).

- Got changed, had dinner, watched some TV. Came back to phone @ 930; noticed the clock still read "8:34 PM" while on TS; picked up phone and it was the 'hottest' its ever been.

- Could not get the phone out of exhibition mode. Pulled battery, let phone cool off for 20 minutes. Recovery / Membooted phone, tried to get some type of log from impostah with no success, switched kernels to F105. Phone is working as intended now.

I know there is not much objective data here; but when I saw the above quoted post this morning, I wanted to add my subjective experience.

Regards,

- TOB
    Same issues I had with Harrier. Phone runs great until it locks up. I tried for days trying to figure out what causes it even doing a secure delete of all the data, doctoring back to 1.4.5 and back to 2.1.0 with no luck. It happens with the other Kernels as well. So far 105 has worked fine.

i was using f-104 for a long time on a sprint pre- with 2.1 with no issues. now i am using f-105 also with no issues.
  19.    #1299  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post

Regards,

- TOB
    I'm curious on what the temp was. I justed the temp scaleback feature and it works, so i'm wondering if the default 55C is too high. Kinda hard to know what went wrong without kernel logs .
    Live free or DIE!
    I know...I can tell you that after I membooted and installed the F105, I checked the temp with govnah and it was 51C at that time (and nowhere near as hot as when I picked it off the TS originally).

BTW: I mean to say lumberjack not impostah in my original post.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.