Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14545960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I demand it!

It would be excellent to have.
    OK then I Demand it too.
    Did the charger polling change to seconds in ? my Govnah options seem to be in ms, but it's acting like these are in seconds
    I hope not, cause that would cause confusion for both Govnah and users ...

-- Rod
  3.    #1263  
    Did the charger polling change to seconds in 105-2.1.0-51? my Govnah options seem to be in ms, but it's acting like these are in seconds....

Update: doesn't seem to be scaling on the charger at all... i've tried "disable profile" and reboot, no luck.

Update 2: installed the default kernel, then reinstalled 105-2.1.0-51 and same results. frequency doesn't change when put on my TS. Low frequency is 500MHz, charger override is false.
    Govnah never showed seconds or milliseconds, it just showed numbers. The kernel change was made a few versions ago and should have been transparent to the user unless they failed to delete the profile like I mention alot in these threads. Govnah help page shows what the fields mean, secs or msecs.

I tested *both* 1A charger and TS, it scales down perfectly. The charger poll is 30s.
    Live free or DIE!
  4.    #1264  
    just wondering about the tuning of HZ. Not that i know much about it, but what has this been increased to? Is there any reason or potential to scale this based on load?
    HZ is now 250. default of 100 is good for battery life but with a tickless kernel it doesnt matter, but when the timer does fire things will be somewhat quicker.

HZ cant be scaled on load in the way you think, it activates when something happens. (lamens terms).
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Govnah never showed seconds or milliseconds, it just showed numbers. The kernel change was made a few versions ago and should have been transparent to the user unless they failed to delete the profile like I mention alot in these threads. Govnah help page shows what the fields mean, secs or msecs.

I tested *both* 1A charger and TS, it scales down perfectly. The charger poll is 30s.
    OK, now i'm confused. The Govnah help for the "Charger Poll Rate" says it is in seconds.

I re-installed Govnah, hit 'disable profile', and rebooted. When i go to change the charger poll rate it is "30", and this isn't a menu option. The menu options are from "90" up to "9000".

My phone does seem to scale down, and up when put on and pulled off the charger, it seems to be taking the 30 seconds that setting indicates it should.

This is all new, and only since the -51 upgrade... I used to have this set to 2000, which was 2000ms (2s).
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 05/19/2011 at 02:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    running f105 on 2.1.0 on vzw pre+ no issues. on 1.4.5 av8b ran fine, but does reboot loop on 2.1.0 before hp logo even pops up. screen goes all dotty and restarts.
  7.    #1267  
    OK, now i'm confused. The Govnah help for the "Charger Poll Rate" says it is in seconds.

I re-installed Govnah, hit 'disable profile', and rebooted. When i go to change the charger poll rate it is "30", and this isn't a menu option. The menu options are from "90" up to "9000".

My phone does seem to scale down, and up when put on and pulled off the charger, it seems to be taking the 30 seconds that it should.

This is all new, and only since the -51 upgrade... I used to have this set to 2000, which was 2000ms (2s).
    Yep, Govnah doesnt know about going lower than 90 yet. I guess i can make an attempt at changing that in Govnah or have rwhitby do it.

Actually that number used to be jiffies, then changed to msecs, now secs. Polling for charger status has no reason to be polled so often, hence the change to seconds.
    Live free or DIE!
    Yep, Govnah doesnt know about going lower than 90 yet. I guess i can make an attempt at changing that in Govnah or have rwhitby do it.

Actually that number used to be jiffies, then changed to msecs, now secs. Polling for charger status has no reason to be polled so often, hence the change to seconds.
    Thanks. Glad to hear i didn't lose my marbles.

Personally i like having a minimum poll on the order of at least 1s, since i don't want to have to wait 30s after i pull it off the charger for full speed.
  9.    #1269  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    OK then I Demand it too.
    Well I havent seen any comments about SSv3 from the Pre2 users so I dont want to waste my time porting it if no one uses it.
    Live free or DIE!
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Maybe there aren't enough Pre 2 users.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    OK then I Demand it too.
    I demand ssv3 as well!!
    Well I havent seen any comments about SSv3 from the Pre2 users so I dont want to waste my time porting it if no one uses it.
    To be honest, I could chime in and demand it as well, but I don't really know what that is, or for that matter, pretty much anything you do in your kernels. I just install the kernels and enjoy all the goodness.

Also, I dont know the difference between the various kernels available for the Pre 2. It doesn't seem that one is the successor of another, etc. It does seem that you use each one to test various things, and at some point, based on some criteria, you select certain modifications and settings to put into Uberkernel, which I understand is the stable/conservative kernel, not a bleeding edge speedster.

I do have a suggestion. Is there some way you could provide a layman's description of what you are doing in each kernel, and maybe a layman's comparison between them. I know you are somewhat resistant, because you want to keep the noobs from buggering up their devices. I really do understand that thinking.

Anyway, if you can't tell already, what I am trying to say, and I bet I speak for a large number of people here, is that what you do is black magic to me. All I know is that I love it. Keep it coming!

Oh, yeah, and I demand SSv3!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I demand ssv3 as well!!
    I hope folks realize that when i "demand"ed it, it was tongue in cheek based on UnixPsycho's previous post... I wouldn't demand anything from Unix, or others in this community.

Have all instances of 'charger_poll_rate' and 'vdemand_poll_rate' in all kernels in all versions of webOS (testing and public) changed from Jiffies to seconds?

Govnah needs a single value range for each named parameter. If you change the range domain, you need to let me know so that Govnah can change also, and you need to make sure it has changed the same in all released and testing versions of the kernel, so you don't get some people with kernels installed with the old range and some people with kernels installed with the new range and neither of them know which version of Govnah will work correctly with their kernel.

A little coordination *before* changing range domains may be in order ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I hope folks realize that when i "demand"ed it, it was tongue in cheek based on UnixPsycho's previous post... I wouldn't demand anything from Unix, or others in this community.
    of course.
    yeah I am joking too...but i stil really really reall want ondemand and screenstate combined, that sounds like battery saving goodness... mmmmm.
  17.    #1277  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Have all instances of 'charger_poll_rate' and 'vdemand_poll_rate' in all kernels in all versions of webOS (testing and public) changed from Jiffies to seconds?

Govnah needs a single value range for each named parameter. If you change the range domain, you need to let me know so that Govnah can change also, and you need to make sure it has changed the same in all released and testing versions of the kernel, so you don't get some people with kernels installed with the old range and some people with kernels installed with the new range and neither of them know which version of Govnah will work correctly with their kernel.

A little coordination *before* changing range domains may be in order ...

-- Rod
    All polling went to seconds from jiffies, except vdemand poll, which is in msecs.

I suck.
    Live free or DIE!

I suck.
    Hardly.

Obviously you are right that this is a testing kernel, so apologies for not phrasing this as a bug report.
    All polling went to seconds from jiffies, except vdemand poll, which is in msecs.
    So charger polling can't be less than a second now? Should it be in msecs too?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20.    #1280  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    So charger polling can't be less than a second now? Should it be in msecs too?

-- Rod
    Correct, charger polling cant be under 1 sec. I didnt want someone to set the charger poll for under 1 sec, battery destroyer.
    Live free or DIE!
    xinguang likes this.