Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #1241  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The Default profiles are intended to be as close to stock as possible. You chose to overclock by selecting a non-Default profile or making your own profile.

    For F104A you should see a Screenstate3 300/1100 profile. If you do not, then uninstall and reinstall Govnah.

    -- Rod
    Ok, I understand now. I guess I was thinking the default would be the advertised speed of the kernel. But after installing Govnah, I now see Screenstate3 300/1100 profile. It's weird, because before I uninstalled and reinstalled it, I had Screenstate 250/1100 and Screenstate 500/1100, even with the new Govnah. And so far, F104A is really nice.

    And again, thank you both for your work.
  2. kuoirad's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #1242  
    Perhaps a silly question.

    I'm running 104A(-44) and Govnah 0.7.27 on my Sprint Pre- with 2.1. I went to "downgrade" my upper speed in Screenstate2 from 1.1GHz to 1.0. But that option isn't there - I can only go down to 900MHz.

    This is not a big deal, I realize 100MHz probably won't make that much of a difference on my phone, but I figured I'd ask if I was missing something.

    FWIW, 104A makes my phone run great. Quick, cool, and smooth (save for Gowalla, but I blame that on Gowalla).
  3. #1243  
    curious of ppl using pre2 on verizon (2.0.1) and what u r using as your stable voltages?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  4. #1244  
    I posted in the meta doctor thread as well but I figured I'd post here too since it might be a Kernel Problem. I had this Kernel installed on my phone and I've been having the "stuck on luna boot" problem. Its not just this kernel though as I had this problem with other kernels as well as no kernels at all. My question is if I use the save/restore app to restore all my data and there is a backup of UberKernel that the app restored, can that backup cause the phone to not recognize some kerenel info and mess up? Im just wanting to know if that is a possibility. Ive been having this problem a lot. Ive never doctored so many times. lol
  5.    #1245  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I posted in the meta doctor thread as well but I figured I'd post here too since it might be a Kernel Problem. I had this Kernel installed on my phone and I've been having the "stuck on luna boot" problem. Its not just this kernel though as I had this problem with other kernels as well as no kernels at all. My question is if I use the save/restore app to restore all my data and there is a backup of UberKernel that the app restored, can that backup cause the phone to not recognize some kerenel info and mess up? Im just wanting to know if that is a possibility. Ive been having this problem a lot. Ive never doctored so many times. lol
    Well if you had UK from 1.4.5 being backed up and you restore it to a 2.1 meta-doctor, it's not going to work well. You can restore but after restore you should memboot a 2.1 kernel, then install native kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
  6. #1246  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Well if you had UK from 1.4.5 being backed up and you restore it to a 2.1 meta-doctor, it's not going to work well. You can restore but after restore you should memboot a 2.1 kernel, then install native kernel.
    I tried the memboot method before doctoring the first time, and it just did the same luna loop. I just saw that it was being backed up every time and wondered if thats what caused the problem. Im hoping it is and I will just not restore that and delete the data. I've been trying to find the problem to that since upgrading to 2.1.
  7.    #1247  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I tried the memboot method before doctoring the first time, and it just did the same luna loop. I just saw that it was being backed up every time and wondered if thats what caused the problem. Im hoping it is and I will just not restore that and delete the data. I've been trying to find the problem to that since upgrading to 2.1.
    It's most likely the problem. Since, I believe, it restores the bridge and video drivers from 1.4.5.
    Live free or DIE!
  8. #1248  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    It's most likely the problem. Since, I believe, it restores the bridge and video drivers from 1.4.5.
    Man, I hope so. Im getting tired of having to re-doctor my phone. Thanks.
  9. #1249  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Man, I hope so. Im getting tired of having to re-doctor my phone. Thanks.
    There's a reason why all the items in the restore screen of Save/Restore are turned off by default - doing a "Select All" is often not what you want.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #1250  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The Default profiles are intended to be as close to stock as possible. You chose to overclock by selecting a non-Default profile or making your own profile.

    For F104A you should see a Screenstate3 300/1100 profile. If you do not, then uninstall and reinstall Govnah.

    -- Rod
    I'm not seeing v3 even after uninstalling/reinstalling Govnah v0.7.29. I'm running F104A-44.

    EDIT: meta-2.1 VZW Pre+
    Last edited by GHT; 05/17/2011 at 10:34 PM.
  11. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #1251  
    Is screenstate-v3 on F104A only for Pre2?
  12.    #1252  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Is screenstate-v3 on F104A only for Pre2?
    Yes. Unless people demand it on Pre as well.
    Live free or DIE!
  13. #1253  
    what is the difference??? should i be sceaming for it? i love f-104 on my pre- with 2.1
  14. #1254  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    what is the difference??? should i be sceaming for it? i love f-104 on my pre- with 2.1
    New Features in F104 for Pre2:
    Screenstate-v3. Selectable ondemand when screen is on. Voltage scaling when off, or disable ondemand and have SSv2 features back. The ondemand is tuned for interactive response, not ramp up.
    Polling values are now displayed in seconds and milliseconds, not jiffies.

    Some other things from my AC47 Spooky kernel will end up in one of the packaged kernels, but not sure which one yet.
    From the last page.
  15. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #1255  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Yes. Unless people demand it on Pre as well.
    What would the anticipated/targeted benefit be over ss-v2?
  16. #1256  
    Thunderchief 2.1-51 is in testing feeds. It adds the command line output during boot. Cool.
  17. #1257  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    What would the anticipated/targeted benefit be over ss-v2?
    I would think it gives the best of both worlds:
    Screen on: processor scales to meet your need (ondemand). This optimizes battery, and performance.
    Screen off: processor drops frequency (i think) and then scales voltage based on load to optimize battery.
  18. #1258  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Yes. Unless people demand it on Pre as well.
    I demand it!

    It would be excellent to have.
  19. #1259  
    just wondering about the tuning of HZ. Not that i know much about it, but what has this been increased to? Is there any reason or potential to scale this based on load?
  20. #1260  
    Did the charger polling change to seconds in 105-2.1.0-51? my Govnah options seem to be in ms, but it's acting like these are in seconds....

    Update: doesn't seem to be scaling on the charger at all... i've tried "disable profile" and reboot, no luck.

    Update 2: installed the default kernel, then reinstalled 105-2.1.0-51 and same results. frequency doesn't change when put on my TS. Low frequency is 500MHz, charger override is false.
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 05/19/2011 at 07:33 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions