Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I had not installed any kernels before this one and I just installed Govnah before installing F104A, because I just got my Pre 2 this week. And yes, I restarted it. Btw, the speed IS showing at 1.1 at the top end.
    Interesting. I would still try the disable trick and restart then just to be sure that the stock profile isn't the culprit. If that doesn't work then maybe someone else would have an idea. Given that the stock settings are compcache enabled I'm a little stumped.
    Ok, I uninstalled the F104A kernel. In Govnah, the profile on the main screen is showing unknown, just like it was when I first installed it on the Pre 2. There are two profiles showing up, again like originally: Palm Default (userspace) and VDemand 1005 (vdemand). Not sure where those came from because I can't select them and replace the unknown profile on the main Govnah screen. Maybe from an older profile, as I upgraded from the Pre Plus and used Save and Restore and it may have put them in there from that. Ok, going to do some more testing.
    Ok, I just doctored my phone. BTW, I have a Verizon Pre 2 running 2.1

I installed Govnah and the default profile showed unknown and the frequency was either 300 or 1.0, no compcache. I installed the F104A kernel and the profile in Govnah still showed unknown, but the frequency was either 300 or now, 1.1. There were three choices for a different profile: Screenstate 250/1100, Screenstate 500/1100, and F104A Default. I selected 104A Default and in put it in bold and also showed it as the active profile on the main Govnah page. However, under my Advanced settings, CPU frequency is showing 500000 and 1100000 under Frequency Selection. Governor is showing as Ondemand. Compressed Swap is showing as disabled. I/O is Deadline and TCP is Congestion.

Still seems kind of wierd to me but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Will let others see what they can do.
    Ok, I just doctored my phone. BTW, I have a Verizon Pre 2 running 2.1

I installed Govnah and the default profile showed unknown and the frequency was either 300 or 1.0, no compcache. I installed the F104A kernel and the profile in Govnah still showed unknown, but the frequency was either 300 or now, 1.1. There were three choices for a different profile: Screenstate 250/1100, Screenstate 500/1100, and F104A Default. I selected 104A Default and in put it in bold and also showed it as the active profile on the main Govnah page. However, under my Advanced settings, CPU frequency is showing 500000 and 1100000 under Frequency Selection. Governor is showing as Ondemand. Compressed Swap is showing as disabled. I/O is Deadline and TCP is Congestion.

Still seems kind of wierd to me but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Will let others see what they can do.
    This seems like a Govnah issue, not a kernel issue. I would post over there.
    On that note though, and you can confirm this over in the Govnah thread, are you using the Govnah in the testing feed? It is possible that the public release does not support profiles for the Pre2 kernels yet.
  5.    #1225  
    Folks,
    F104 on the Pre2 will never match up with a Govnah profile yet. Govnah is using an old F104 profile that starts at 250Mhz, the Pre2 doesnt have that. Also Screenstate-v3 is included, which is throwing off Govnah from matching it.

So i would recommend disabling your default profile and making a new one until I can get oil or rwhitby to update the profiles. Since testing kernels are always moving targets, it's always good to disable the profile before rebooting a new kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
  6.    #1226  
    New Features in F104 for Pre2:
    • Screenstate-v3. Selectable ondemand when screen is on. Voltage scaling when off, or disable ondemand and have SSv2 features back. The ondemand is tuned for interactive response, not ramp up.
    • Polling values are now displayed in seconds and milliseconds, not jiffies.

Some other things from my AC47 Spooky kernel will end up in one of the packaged kernels, but not sure which one yet.
    Live free or DIE!
    Tried with (F104) the screenstate gov. But unfortunately it never acted like a screenstate. It would scale down to 300 and up to 1.1 like the ondemand. Anyone else seeing this?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    Tried with (F104) the screenstate gov. But unfortunately it never acted like a screenstate. It would scale down to 300 and up to 1.1 like the ondemand. Anyone else seeing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    • Screenstate-v3. Selectable ondemand when screen is on. Voltage scaling when off, or disable ondemand and have SSv2 features back. The ondemand is tuned for interactive response, not ramp up.

In other words, SSv3 defaults to ondemand when the screen is on, and scales to min freq when screen is off. If you want true SS, disable ondemand.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

9.    #1229  
    Did you read the post right above yours???
    Live free or DIE!
    Did you read the post right above yours???
    sorry i was using 'Forums' and it didnt load all the posts :/
    Installed F104a on my Pre 2. Loving the features, ondemandctl is my favorite. Default UP threshhold is 40%, stock is 80%, I think 60% is a happy medium. When it was at 40% it was spiking more than I liked. It's easy enough to change or make a few profiles. Thanks!
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

• Polling values are now displayed in seconds and milliseconds, not jiffies.

Some other things from my AC47 Spooky kernel will end up in one of the packaged kernels, but not sure which one yet.
    Govnah 0.7.28 in the testing feed has support for F104A.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I installed Govnah 0.7.28 and then installed 104A. When I started up Govnah, it show a profile of unknown, but the speed was either 300 or 1.1. When I went to profiles, it showed F104A Default, Screenstate 250/1100, and Screenstate 500/1100. I selected F104A Default and the speeds went from 300 to 1.0. I looked in the Advanced Settings and the top speed for this profile was only 100000. I changed it to 1.1 and saved it as a new profile and it is now running from 300 to 110000. But, still, I would think that when I select the F104A Default profile, that it would run up to 1.1. Maybe it's just me or my pre, but hopefully others can test this out.
    I installed Govnah 0.7.28 and then installed 104A. When I started up Govnah, it show a profile of unknown, but the speed was either 300 or 1.1. When I went to profiles, it showed F104A Default, Screenstate 250/1100, and Screenstate 500/1100. I selected F104A Default and the speeds went from 300 to 1.0. I looked in the Advanced Settings and the top speed for this profile was only 100000. I changed it to 1.1 and saved it as a new profile and it is now running from 300 to 110000. But, still, I would think that when I select the F104A Default profile, that it would run up to 1.1. Maybe it's just me or my pre, but hopefully others can test this out.
    Good catch, I didn't notice this when I updated this morning.

I'm seeing the same results.

15.    #1235  
    Either you had another profile set or your phone was overheating and it clocked down to 1ghz. The temp threshold is aggressive on the Pre2. If you think it's too low you can bump it up higher.
    Live free or DIE!
    Why so aggresive on the Pre2? Better hardware?
  17.    #1237  
    Why so aggresive on the Pre2? Better hardware?
    The Pre2 overheats quickly during overclocking. I set a low temp limit. This also keeps wifi working during bootup.
    Live free or DIE!
    Why is the upper cpu frequency showing up as 100000 on the advanced settings for the F104 Default profile? And my temp is in the low 30's so I don't think it's too hot.
  19.    #1239  
    Why is the upper cpu frequency showing up as 100000 on the advanced settings for the F104 Default profile? And my temp is in the low 30's so I don't think it's too hot.
    During my testing running 1.2+GHz can easily overheat the device. this causes wifi chip to fail. If you feel you're immune to overheating then change the temp limit.
    Live free or DIE!
    The Default profiles are intended to be as close to stock as possible. You chose to overclock by selecting a non-Default profile or making your own profile.

For F104A you should see a Screenstate3 300/1100 profile. If you do not, then uninstall and reinstall Govnah.

-- Rod