Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
    Well i downloaded and installed through quick install and it still didnt look like it was working. so i deleted govnah and restarted then reinstalled and now its running.
    im going to uninstall and reinstall through preware and see if it still works.

update: removed and reinstalled through preware and all is good.
    Last edited by graffix31; 04/14/2011 at 08:57 AM.
    I'm also getting very large average loads ( 30 - 40) while the screen is off with F105. No applications were open, only Quick System Tasks and Neato in the notification bar. I've already installed the quiet powerd messages patch and have increased the voltage of the minimum CPU speed but it didn't help.
    Max: 1.005 GHz
    Min: 700 MHz
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I'm also getting very large average loads ( 30 - 40) while the screen is off with F105. No applications were open, only Quick System Tasks and Neato in the notification bar. I've already installed the quiet powerd messages patch and have increased the voltage of the minimum CPU speed but it didn't help.
    Try decreasing the voltage then.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Try decreasing the voltage then.
    Lowering it lower than the default value?

This is "normal". I get this for the first week or so (usually a bit less) after a fresh Doctoring. Work backs up while the phone is asleep. I'm pretty sure it's whatever the phone is doing to index (or something - I've never pinned it down) your email and all that. It'll go away on its own. You'll get pretty crappy battery life in the mean time, though.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    This is "normal". I get this for the first week or so (usually a bit less) after a fresh Doctoring. Work backs up while the phone is asleep. I'm pretty sure it's whatever the phone is doing to index (or something - I've never pinned it down) your email and all that. It'll go away on its own. You'll get pretty crappy battery life in the mean time, though.

M.
    Thanks for the reply. It's almost a week since I downloaded it. I'm hoping it goes away soon.
    Unixpsycho, do you know what might be causing the abnormally large loads when the screen is off, even with default voltages? I've only seen this in Screenstate2, not with VDemand in the AV8B kernel.
  8.    #1148  
    Unixpsycho, do you know what might be causing the abnormally large loads when the screen is off, even with default voltages? I've only seen this in Screenstate2, not with VDemand in the AV8B kernel.
    Which kernel?
    Live free or DIE!
    F105
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I sometimes see the high loads with F104a and Screenstate2 as well - not messing with voltages at all. It's not all the time, but it's been noticeable for me - coupled with large battery drain.
  11.    #1151  
    I have just spent a few hours on this testing with a Pre2 and a Pre-. Pre2 using SR71 and Pre- using F105, also a stock test run for a control.

All kernels using Screenstate-v2 are using the same code base regardless of platform (exactly the same SSv2 module and override), except for F14 (SSv1), F102A/B (stripped SSv1/SSv2) and Uberkernel (SSv1).

Pre-:
    SSv2 1005/500: screenoff 15 mins, back on. LA peak 7.
    Performance 500/500: screenoff 15 mins. back on. LA peak 12.
    Stock 500/500: screenoff 15 mins. back on. LA peak 8

Pre2:
    SSv2 1200/300: screenoff 15 mins, back on. LA peak 14.
    Performance 300/300: screenoff 15 mins. back on. LA peak 22.
    Performance 600/600: screenoff 15 mins. back on. LA peak 10.
    Stock (ondemandtcl) 1000/300: screenoff 15 mins. back on. LA peak 7

Test Results: Inconclusive

It is useless to do these tests as the phone goes into suspend aggressively and gets woken up alot, which drives up load. Also not knowing what is running in the background during these times, it is impossible to get any definitive baseline/benchmark.

Screenstate v2 has a little overhead due to polling charger status but not that much.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'll be honest, I have nothing to back this up with.

But the phone seems much happier (running cooler, less constant battery drain, etc) since I disabled Voice Dial yesterday and rebooted.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post

But the phone seems much happier (running cooler, less constant battery drain, etc) since I disabled Voice Dial yesterday and rebooted.

That's why I've been trying to spread the word some. I noticed my battery drain go WAY down after getting rid of it.

M.
    That's why I've been trying to spread the word some. I noticed my battery drain go WAY down after getting rid of it.

M.
    And how do we disable it? I only found a post for a novacom command. Is there a patch for it or a command I can run in PuTTY?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Would you care to also remind us how to uninstall it, as well as disable it?
    how did u disable voice dial?

Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    how did u disable voice dial?
    http://forums.precentral.net/2939955-post3793.html
  18.    #1158  
    LMAO!!! pulseaudio is the best thing since sliced bread!!!! LOL!!!

or so the OSS zealots would tell you. ALSA by itself worked just fine IMHO.
    Live free or DIE!
    I'm still getting crazy Load Averages even after disabling Voice Dial. That's alright since Voice Dial was buggy and muting system sounds.

Unixpsycho, on your dev devices that you just tested on, did you have any patches and homebrew applications installed on them?
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    LMAO!!! pulseaudio is the best thing since sliced bread!!!! LOL!!!

or so the OSS zealots would tell you. ALSA by itself worked just fine IMHO.

WorkED? I haven't changed anything with my sound systems in years and have never had an issue. ALSA FTW!

M.