Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    im just responding to unix question on whether people would like it or not. i dont need it but i would try it.

He's asking about people wanting 250MHz back in the kernel, not bumping up to 1.2GHz.

M.

(For the record, I've had three Sprint Pre Myni (My-ni - Plural of Minus? ), and none of them have liked 250MHz, so this is not a vote.)
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 04/11/2011 at 11:26 AM.
    Your right my fault. nah i dont need 250mhz
    With both of the Govnah default profiles for F104a i'm seeing load averages skyrocket when the screen is off. Battery current seems to also drop over the same period, and temperatures are staying pretty low (25C).

I just wanted to make sure this is expected and normal.

I believe i read that the govnah displayed load average is not the actual load average, but is calculated based on something else...? An explanation would be appreciated.
    Post #1's title clearly says that this thread is for F104, F105 and SR71. The thread title, however, only includes SR71 and F105.

Is it possible to modify this thread title to include F104?

thanks.

Update: Saw this was changed. Thanks!
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 04/13/2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Moved my question to this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...54#post2936454

I THINK that's the correct thread for F102 A/B - if not let me know.
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 04/13/2011 at 10:57 AM.
  6.    #1126  
    The compcache thread was old and was an experiment when I introduced compcache into the kernels, which happened to be F102 and F104. I started to merge threads but never asked the Mods to merge them officially. So if a Mod wanders by can they do this for me?
    Live free or DIE!
  7.    #1127  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    With both of the Govnah default profiles for F104a i'm seeing load averages skyrocket when the screen is off. Battery current seems to also drop over the same period, and temperatures are staying pretty low (25C).

I just wanted to make sure this is expected and normal.

I believe i read that the govnah displayed load average is not the actual load average, but is calculated based on something else...? An explanation would be appreciated.
    It is normal to have high load averages when screen is off. Is the load is 20+ then either you have way too much trying to run in the background or your voltages for that OPP slot is too low. It wont hurt anything but might cause excessive battery drain depending on what it is trying to do.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    It is normal to have high load averages when screen is off. Is the load is 20+ then either you have way too much trying to run in the background or your voltages for that OPP slot is too low. It wont hurt anything but might cause excessive battery drain depending on what it is trying to do.
    It's very strange, because i have almost nothing running in the background.
    For context, this is a Pre+ on 2.1 with F104a-30 and Govnah 0.7.27, I'm running an untweaked "F104A Default" profile.

Today i saw 1min load averages hit over 90! As soon as the screen comes on the load averages start dropping. This has happened to me when i've had Govnah and Battery Monitor open, and another time when i had Govnah and Forums open.

Turning off wifi seems to cause the problem to stop... I guess my next stop is to install the recovery kernel and see if it happens with that.
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    This sounds like maybe the "sleep problem" where you used to be able to see sleep/wake commands streaming in terminal. I saw mine attempting to sleep/wake about 100+ times/minute once.
  10.    #1130  
    What he said ^^^^^^

So you have something in the background keeping the phone awake. 90 is way too high.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Today i saw 1min load averages hit over 90! As soon as the screen comes on the load averages start dropping. This has happened to me when i've had Govnah and Battery Monitor open, and another time when i had Govnah and Forums open.

Turning off wifi seems to cause the problem to stop... I guess my next stop is to install the recovery kernel and see if it happens with that.
    If you don't run Govnah while screen is off what is your load average then?
    right with govnah running it should never go to sleep right? it is constantly polling and graphing. i could be wrong though, im no expert.
    right with govnah running it should never go to sleep right? it is constantly polling and graphing. i could be wrong though, im no expert.
    Per Rod it might negatively impact battery since it is keeping somethings open - but it does stop collecting data (consequently your graphs will look weird data point a.... screen off ... screen on... data point b.) The point I was making is that maybe some things are still building up in the processor queue from Govnah. Perhaps using the terminal access from webOSQuickinstall and running TOP from there while the phone has the screen off would work better?
    I tried to install an update for f104 in preware and after the restart the icon was still there but govnah showed nothing. So I did a uninstall, restart, palm kernel install, restart, and reinstalled f104 and the icon is back on the 4th page where I had it and again govnah shows nothing. Anyone else?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Looked to go smoothly for me.
    I tried to install an update for f104 in preware and after the restart the icon was still there but govnah showed nothing. So I did a uninstall, restart, palm kernel install, restart, and reinstalled f104 and the icon is back on the 4th page where I had it and again govnah shows nothing. Anyone else?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Went smoothly for me as well. Though i did have some profile funkyness which i cured with a disable profile/reboot. I blame Govnah, not F104a.
    well i dont know. cant get it to install again and actually work. i dont know if it has anything to do with the tweaks issue or not because i cant get that to work either even with the new version and fix. never had any issues in the past with anything. very strange. i did build my dr. with cygwin but like i said never any issues for weeks until yesterday. guess i will build a dr with ubuntu and and pay it a visit. bummer.
    well i dont know. cant get it to install again and actually work. i dont know if it has anything to do with the tweaks issue or not because i cant get that to work either even with the new version and fix. never had any issues in the past with anything. very strange. i did build my dr. with cygwin but like i said never any issues for weeks until yesterday. guess i will build a dr with ubuntu and and pay it a visit. bummer.
    Did you try to uninstall/reinstall Govnah?
    What does:

• the icon was still there but govnah showed nothing
    • cant get it to install again and actually work.
    Mean?

Govnah was a blank screen? Did you try to install the Recovery Kernel then F104?

M.
    no govnah just showed na for everything like the stock kernel was installed. yes i did it two ways. just installing recovery right over the bad install of f104 and also a uninstall, restart, install recovery, restart, install f104, restart and the same result. so i dont know what the deal is. i am still not able to get tweaks working through preware even after multiple uninstall and reinstall. Wondering if it is a permission problem due to that.