Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    I was kinda expecting a handful of other people to pipe up "yeah, me too!" when I mentioned still running 1.4.5 testing kernels. That didn't happen though...so I guess I'll keep riding my Pre- with F105-171 till death (of the phone) do us part.

I hope that stingray or whatever WebOS slate phone is running dual-core. 1.4 GHz or not, the Pre3 is a single core (right?) in a multi-core world and is going to make it difficult for me to justify the purchase. I guess that's premature...we'll see once I hold one in my hand, assuming, that is, that it makes its way to Sprint.
    If the demand is there i'll roll my own feed and support the legacy OS. But as of right now no new features will be put in 1.4.5 kernels unless there is some hideous bug that needs to be fixed.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    If the demand is there i'll roll my own feed and support the legacy OS. But as of right now no new features will be put in 1.4.5 kernels unless there is some hideous bug that needs to be fixed.
    And if bugs need to be fixed, we can always manually update the official testing feeds for legacy devices.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    And if bugs need to be fixed, we can always manually update the official testing feeds for legacy devices.

-- Rod
    Hey Rod, what do you think about adding vdemand screenstate to Uberkernel on 1.4.5? In my experience, it's ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    Hey Rod, what do you think about adding vdemand screenstate to Uberkernel on 1.4.5? In my experience, it's ready.
    I'm looking at f104a as containing the next feature set to be added to UberKernel ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'm looking at f104a as containing the next feature set to be added to UberKernel ...

-- Rod
    Never tried that one. Installing now, will post results/impressions in a few days.
    i installed the F104A kernel on my Sprint Pre and it is working great so far have running 500/1100 screenstate, but my question what are the best settings in Govnah ? Swap space and AC, how much is best for swap space ? I have it at 64mb is this good?

please assist.

thanks
    guys can anyone tell what is a good kernel for my wife's pixi case as you know I installed the F104A and now running awesome, want to do same for pixi hers is running slugish, anyone can recommend solid kernel like the F104A?

thanks in advance
    I typically run a kernel for a few days before making any conclusions about it, but right away I don't like F104A. While I don't see any stability issues, its ondemand governor seems jumpy even with the fastest polling frequency. I could adjust the up and down loading further than I already have, but it's already tweaked enough that I might as well just run screenstate and at least bring down my voltage when the phone isn't in use. I have issues with missing phone calls when I run screenstate down to 250 MHz, so I don't run it that low. Preliminary battery life seems a little better than running 1000/500 ondemand with Uberkernel, but not as good as F105 1000/500 screenstate v2. I'll try it a little longer before ditching it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    guys can anyone tell what is a good kernel for my wife's pixi case as you know I installed the F104A and now running awesome, want to do same for pixi hers is running slugish, anyone can recommend solid kernel like the F104A?

thanks in advance
    Your phone? Alpha, experimental kernel like F104. High risk, high reward; live dangerously!

Your wife's phone? Stable, proven kernel like stock or Uberkernel. There's a difference between living dangerously and being just plain careless
    i installed the F104A kernel on my Sprint Pre and it is working great so far have running 500/1100 screenstate, but my question what are the best settings in Govnah ? Swap space and AC, how much is best for swap space ? I have it at 64mb is this good?

please assist.

thanks
    This is a testing kernel. You tell us.

That said, 64MB of compcache swap seems like a lot. I rarely run over half that.
    so is there a good kernel besides uberkernel for the pisi?
  12.    #1112  
    so is there a good kernel besides uberkernel for the pisi?
    This is the wrong thread for Pixi. There are only Warthog and Uberkernel for Pixi.
    Live free or DIE!
    I wish my nathan lane Pre could run SR71, it can do 1.1 F104 but not 1.2... Tear.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Any chance that F104a for 2.1 will get 250mhz?
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 04/10/2011 at 10:58 PM.
  15.    #1115  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Any chance that F104a will get 250mhz?
    I dumped it since my new Pre- has it's knickers in somewhat of a twist over running under 500MHz, but runs fine at 1.2GHz... go figure.

Who *REALLY* wants 250MHz in F104??? please respond... if there's enough interest i'll throw out another build.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I dumped it since my new Pre- has it's knickers in somewhat of a twist over running under 500MHz, but runs fine at 1.2GHz... go figure.

Who *REALLY* wants 250MHz in F104??? please respond... if there's enough interest i'll throw out another build.
    I would be. (obvious i guess )
    which is better for battery consumption ? Screenstate or on demand ??
    i would be interested in 1.2 on f104. im running at 1.1 right now. a little nervous to go 1.2 but want to try. i love f104.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    a little nervous to go 1.2 but want to try. i love f104.

Then install SR-71.

M.
    im just responding to unix question on whether people would like it or not. i dont need it but i would try it.