Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
    I've been having some issues with my Pre 2 (UMTS) running SR71 w/ default settings, but I'm not sure if the problem is SR71 or if the Pre 2 is defective. The only evidence I have that the hardware shouldn't be the issue is that I ran F14 on the phone for about a month without any issue.

Here's what happens: oftentimes, I'll pull it off the touchstone in the morning and the battery is around 70% charged, with the phone burning hot (specifically in the area of the radio board). The Govnah exhibition mode shows between -400mA and -600mA. Taking it off the touchstone and putting it back on doesn't seem to change anything. Turning off the phone radio for a while and then turning it back on tends to let the charging process restart.

I'm going to employ scientific method and try a few things to see if I can stop this madness, because a Pre 2 at 70% charge probably won't even get me halfway through the day.
    SR71 is doing nice. But pandora froze twice today and required a full reboot :/
    Just uninstalled F105 to install the newly packaged (for 2.1) Starfighter.

I have tried all the psychokernels and for my device this has always been the one that offered the best performance upgrade.

Sprint Pre -
    F104a-30
    screenstate v2 500/1.1Ghz
    vdemand - HIGH
    bumped the cpu voltage up one notch for 500mhz
    bumped up system voltage one notch
    compache 24mb
    I/O - NOOP
    TCP - cubic

Phone runs in the high 30s Centigrade and scores over 600 on webosmark.

Thanks again Unix!

- T
    F104a seems kinda unstable or fidgety... Seems to hang alot and stutter. I used to use it on 1.4.5 iot was the best.

Getting around 460 on webOS Mark.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Is there a reason why the f104 profile when selected in govnah comes up as unknown? Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Is there a reason why the f104 profile when selected in govnah comes up as unknown? Or is it just me?

http://forums.precentral.net/2926329-post1530.html

M.

-- Sent with a manually typed tag line to further pollute the forums and to demonstrate how annoying it is.
    perfect, i am changing the cc so that makes sence. thanks. i have had no luck doing it perm through the instructions on the wiki for the 2.1 update. i get novaterm up and run the two lines but then i have no idea what to do. doesnt seem like i can do anything to change the things it says in the wiki
  8.    #1088  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    F104a seems kinda unstable or fidgety... Seems to hang alot and stutter. I used to use it on 1.4.5 iot was the best.

Getting around 460 on webOS Mark.

What governor? By default it uses ondemand. Run at full speed for benchmarking.

If it's still lagging you can try upping voltages.
    Live free or DIE!
    Seems as if SR71 is what separates/determines the Chuck Pres from the Pixi Pres.
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    Seems as if SR71 is what separates/determines the Chuck Pres from the Pixi Pres.

I've preferred "Daniel Larusso" for mine, thank you...

M.
    Installed SR71 on my VZW Pre Plus running 2.1.0 this weekend. Definitely seems quicker and smoother than UK with none of the stuttering that some others have reported. It also stayed nice and cool, too. Listened to Pandora for about 30 min and the battery dropped about 10%. Had the same results this morning surfing the web and watching some short flash videos. I have a charger at my desk at work and in my car so I charge often throughout the day so it's hard for me to judge if the battery dropping this much in that amount of time given these activities is out of the ordinary or not.
    VZW Pre Plus 2.1.0 w/SR71 running at 1.2 Ghz; VZW Pix Plus Stock.
  12.    #1092  
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadlion42 View Post
    Installed SR71 on my VZW Pre Plus running 2.1.0 this weekend. Definitely seems quicker and smoother than UK with none of the stuttering that some others have reported. It also stayed nice and cool, too. Listened to Pandora for about 30 min and the battery dropped about 10%. Had the same results this morning surfing the web and watching some short flash videos. I have a charger at my desk at work and in my car so I charge often throughout the day so it's hard for me to judge if the battery dropping this much in that amount of time given these activities is out of the ordinary or not.
    Play with the voltages. it's not uncommon for massive battery drain at full speed for long periods of time. Nothing can stop that. or maybe try vdemand option at high.
    Live free or DIE!
    Just wanted to throw in a quick plug for F105 on WebOS 1.4.5. I'm on a Sprint Pre and have read enough complaints of people having issues with 2.1.0 that I'm not upgrading. Dunno if any new shtuff has gotten added on to the 2.1.0 version of F105, but there are still people who are using the old schitt and dig it.

Speaking of, is vdemand screenstate in Uberkernel yet? It's tremendous win, and should be cause it seems pretty stable for everyone who uses it.
  14.    #1094  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    Just wanted to throw in a quick plug for F105 on WebOS 1.4.5. I'm on a Sprint Pre and have read enough complaints of people having issues with 2.1.0 that I'm not upgrading. Dunno if any new shtuff has gotten added on to the 2.1.0 version of F105, but there are still people who are using the old schitt and dig it.

Speaking of, is vdemand screenstate in Uberkernel yet? It's tremendous win, and should be cause it seems pretty stable for everyone who uses it.
    2.1.0 is active development. How many people are still using 1.4.5?
    Live free or DIE!
    1.4.5 is for caveman
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    1.4.5 is for caveman
    *grunt*

Or for those of us with Sprint Pre's...just can you CAN update doesn't always mean you should
    i love my sprint pre- with 2.1 thanks to unix never going back.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    2.1.0 is active development. How many people are still using 1.4.5?
    My assumption is that this question is only directed to those who are testing kernels? Perhaps a poll?
    I was kinda expecting a handful of other people to pipe up "yeah, me too!" when I mentioned still running 1.4.5 testing kernels. That didn't happen though...so I guess I'll keep riding my Pre- with F105-171 till death (of the phone) do us part.

I hope that stingray or whatever WebOS slate phone is running dual-core. 1.4 GHz or not, the Pre3 is a single core (right?) in a multi-core world and is going to make it difficult for me to justify the purchase. I guess that's premature...we'll see once I hold one in my hand, assuming, that is, that it makes its way to Sprint.
    pre- running 2.1 and f104 kernel i used to have uberkernel when i had 1.4.5 i really like the Vdemand though so i will be sticking with the fxxx line from now on. had f105 on 2.1 until f104 was released the other day.