Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #1061  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Rubbish. A BRICKED device is one which is not recoverable by software means. All kernels released by WebOS Internals can be recovered simply by the use of the webOS Doctor.

    Your post is not only inaccurate, it is ungracious as well.

    -- Rod
    No it IS bricked however im pretty sure its due to a hardware failure that i am observing...i probably should have mentioned that...in a different forum....

    Kurush Dubash
  2.    #1062  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdubhotsauce View Post
    No it IS bricked however im pretty sure its due to a hardware failure that i am observing...i probably should have mentioned that...in a different forum....

    Kurush Dubash
    Dont make statements saying "This kernel BRICKED your phone" when you are now saying it's a different hardware problem.
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 03/14/2011 at 10:44 AM.
    Live free or DIE!
  3.    #1063  
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Hey unixpsycho, what ever you are doing to the kernel, you just solved a BIG problem I had with Palm's original kernel and UberKernel on my Pre2!
    The problem is that with those kernels the system doesn't go into suspend properly because of what seems to be a problem with the DSP and eats about 140mA. But with SR71 v2.1.0-25 that problem seems to be gone (drain is now down to 10mA)

    Are you aware of any changes you did that could cause this?
    I did touch some DSP related stuff. I wasnt touching it for power savings but I guess that is also a good end result.
    Live free or DIE!
  4. #1064  
    Just installed Sr71 and went to turn it on and now I'm in bootloop. Does this mean I shouldn't try the kernel again? Can I try the F105? Thanks!
  5. #1065  
    Quote Originally Posted by barry1685 View Post
    Just installed Sr71 and went to turn it on and now I'm in bootloop. Does this mean I shouldn't try the kernel again? Can I try the F105? Thanks!
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...g-kernels.html
    Note the line that says: Those with "weak" Pre's: DO NOT INSTALL! If you do, have the Doctor ready.

    And, you could memboot to recover

    It's all there, in the very first post on this thread.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  6. #1066  
    Thought I'd try reviving an old discussion re: voltage settings - I used to run F105 on 1.4.5 (until AV8B Harrier came out) and looked up my old voltage settings on this thread when I doctored to 2.1.0 the other day.

    AV8b was draining ~ 6% an hour (even while idle), so I thought I'd try F105 again. While trying to find the new "optimal" voltage settings that give me stability with minimum drain, I've noticed I need to be about 3-4 ticks higher for F105 to run well in 2.1.0 vs. 1.4.5 - obviously, the kernel versions are now different, but is anyone else noticing the same thing? I did have to boost my voltages a bit in AV8B as well.

    My old/new settings for F105 (with 1ghz/700 mhz max/min) are:

    1ghz - 56/59
    900 mhz - 50/34
    800 - 44/50
    700 - 38/42
    500 - 32/36
    vdd2 - n.a / 40

    Using these, I've seen drain go < 22mA at idle...
  7. orizzle's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    #1067  
    nooooooooo my pre had a pink thong on when she put on SR-71!!!!
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
  8. #1068  
    I seem to feel I get better battery life w/ the SR71, as well its faster. The phone runs slower/cooler when not in use is probably why? So far so good! A+
  9. #1069  
    Quote Originally Posted by icedmocha View Post
    Thought I'd try reviving an old discussion re: voltage settings - I used to run F105 on 1.4.5 (until AV8B Harrier came out) and looked up my old voltage settings on this thread when I doctored to 2.1.0 the other day.

    AV8b was draining ~ 6% an hour (even while idle), so I thought I'd try F105 again. While trying to find the new "optimal" voltage settings that give me stability with minimum drain, I've noticed I need to be about 3-4 ticks higher for F105 to run well in 2.1.0 vs. 1.4.5 - obviously, the kernel versions are now different, but is anyone else noticing the same thing? I did have to boost my voltages a bit in AV8B as well.

    My old/new settings for F105 (with 1ghz/700 mhz max/min) are:

    1ghz - 56/59
    900 mhz - 50/34
    800 - 44/50
    700 - 38/42
    500 - 32/36
    vdd2 - n.a / 40

    Using these, I've seen drain go < 22mA at idle...
    I needed to bump my old settings up too with 2.1. I'm running 1ghz/500mhz at 58/32 vdemand=enabled, factor=1(low). These are the lowest stable voltages for my Pre+. If I bump the 1ghz voltage up to 60 it runs a little smoother when under high load.
  10. #1070  
    Same here SR71 locked and continued resetting itself, but thankfully your instructions on the first page and How_To_Recover instructions allowed for native reboot and uninstall SR71. Going back to F105 and plan to fine tune those adjustments since it works better for my Pre-. Thanks, Sorli...

    Update: webOS-internals.org and the Homebrew community has been both valuable and help make my webOS experience worth every effort. Longtime coming, but I finally made a donation and for everyone involved in the process of making things happen and fixing problems (like today) when they don't. THANKS! Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 03/24/2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Donation to webOS-Internals.org - http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/WebOS_Internals:Site_support
  11. #1071  
    Hey guys! I want tot try the sr71 kernel on my sprint pre - 2.1, but I am worried about it locking up. If it does, can I just use the memboot procedure to reinstall the original kernel? I just want to limit the risks involved. It's not that I an unwilling to doctor, it just becomes a huge project with reinstalling contacts, apps, etc... thanks!
  12. #1072  
    ^The post above yours shows the results of locking up and using memboot to recover. In a word, yes.
  13. #1073  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    ^The post above yours shows the results of locking up and using memboot to recover. In a word, yes.
    Thanks for the reply. I did notice it, but just wanted to make sure. Will let you guys know how it goes later..
  14. #1074  
    Yes...Memboot worked very well and was very easy to use following the Mac instructions in my case.

    I'm glad webos-internal figured a quick (quicker then Doctor that is) way to recover probably out of necessity testing and re-testing changes and updates. Saved my **** last night and well worth a donation.

    Wish HP would hire webOS-Internals and give them native access to 2.1 for Sprint so everyone can enjoy native access to the upgrade. The Meta Doctors are great, they work, but most people including myself don't have the time and knowledge to run the process. Sorli...
  15. #1075  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I did notice it, but just wanted to make sure. Will let you guys know how it goes later..
    Please do!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  16. #1076  
    Only issue I'm having w SR71 is running my gps app smartrunner to track hikes. Phone locks up & screen won't respond. Have to do a battery pull then works ok. I'm on a pre minus. Otherwise love it.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  17. #1077  
    Well, it turns out my pre also wears pink underwear ... In the process of doing the memboot now in Windows. I ran the command but the phone has just been sitting at the HP screen for a few minutes now

    Edit: I followed the exact instructions... It just sits at the hp screen with no pulse for eternity... I tried reinstalling novacom.. Just going to doctor
    Last edited by ryudo423; 03/25/2011 at 02:25 PM.
  18. #1078  
    Sorry that did not work out for you. The memboot is a "last resort" prior to doctoring.
    Let the thread know how the F105 works out for you...
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  19. #1079  
    so... What's the lowest voltage (stable) someone with a verizon Pre 2 has ran on here? Just wondering where to begin...
  20. #1080  
    tried F14, but couldn't get it to stabilize. Going back to SR71...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions