Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by euphoric85 View Post
    Just installed F105 -20, after playing with UK for a few days.. Has anyone noticed their Messaging app being kinda laggy? I'm not sure if this is the kernel or the new OS in general, as it didn't do it with 1.4.5, but now UK and F105 do it.. the app seems choppier. The send button takes a few seconds to register sometimes, and the chat balloons for stuff that's already been sent/received take a longer moment to load.

screenstate-v2
    Max 1Ghz (1400mV)
    Min 500 (1125 mV)
    vdemand factor Medium
    poll rate 100

Anyways, like I said, not sure if it's the kernel but thought I'd report

Thanks guys for all the hard work!!
    Did you go back into Govnah and make sure Compcache was enabled?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I hope you're kidding? I cant assume since there *are* some that dont look at the bold print at the top of the package description before clicking "Install". cuz the package says "...this will brick your phone" (paraphrasing) in Bold.
    after installing SR71, my phone rebooted with no problems..SWEET..for now
    -Mark Guerrero
    -flash yes, but still no slingbox app
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Ummm. Did anyone read the disclaimer before installing the SR71 package?

Also some failed to read the first page.

Doctored and all OK now.. If I had to memboot , the instructions were not ***** proof
    1) which SDK do I need to install , where do I get it from , where do I need to install
    2) I have it in palm Inc directory.. Is that OK?

Unix , if my palm pre plus couldnt boot on installing SR71 /F105 , is that end of the road , I mean does that prove , this kernel can never run on my pre plus..
    Quote Originally Posted by navinkarra View Post
    1) which SDK do I need to install , where do I get it from , where do I need to install
    The only one that's publicly available from Palm.

2) I have it in palm Inc directory.. Is that OK?
    I thought you didn't have it?

Unix , if my palm pre plus couldnt boot on installing SR71 /F105 , is that end of the ro..
    Wait, which one is it?

M.
    Doctored and all OK now.. If I had to memboot , the instructions were not ***** proof
    If the recovery instructions are not clear, then you should not install an experimental kernel.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I have installed SDK long back , was not sure if there was a later version of SDK.
    Also I have two novocoms
    1)C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin\novacom.exe
    2)C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom.exe

on the first page , the backup kernel was only for palm pre and pre 2, I was not sure if i needed a different one as mine is pre plus
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    The only one that's publicly available from Palm.

I thought you didn't have it?

Wait, which one is it?

M.
    I am sorry , it is SR71.
    I am sorry , it is SR71.

Phones that can run that, not many have.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Phones that can run that, not many have.

M.
    hmm.. mine is O2 UK pre plus bought sep-2010..

Thought it might be later pre plusses.. so should be able to do it?

Anyways , UK for now..
    hmm.. mine is O2 UK pre plus bought sep-2010..

Thought it might be later pre plusses.. so should be able to do it?
    The sensitivity to a particular individual SoC die to overclocking well outside of it's design limits is largely independent of manufacturing date.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    update running SR71 on Sprint Palm Pre Plus (VZ) 2.1. Ive tweaked Govanah settings to 1.2 max and 900 min, comp 64mb, and im having no issues with the device at all. Much more responsive and faster then Uber, and F105 as well as no more lag on screen wake up. I never had a boot up issue upon running SR71, with the new update on 2.1. Very good work will again donate.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The sensitivity to a particular individual SoC die to overclocking well outside of it's design limits is largely independent of manufacturing date.

-- Rod
    Hopefully a dumb question.. while booting , couldnt this be done in the same way as UK , so that default 500 MHz to start with , then once boots , using govnah , we can change it to 1.2?..

Does it boot with 1.2 ghz to start with?
    Had UK. uninstalled it and installed F105 ( lured by 1.2 GHZ )

After the prompt for phone restart , I pressed Ok ..

Then while booting saw HP logo in green( first time i am seeing this) , then it just stays there.

The HP logo stays there. I guess it is rebooting again and again..

Any expert advice is really appreciated..

- O2 UK palm pre plus webos 2.1.0 -
    The reason I wanted 1.2 GHz badly was to see how Flash works .. Even at 1GHZ flash performance on my pre plus is far inferior to samsung galaxy s operating at stock 1GHz.. dont know if samsung galaxy/andriod 2.2 has some sort of hardware acceleration for Flash?
    F105 feels faster than UK. Not much much faster, but more of a snappy faster. I'm pretty sure it's not my imagination.

What are the differences between F105 and UK?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I def agree with that. F-105 is a little snappier all around. Haven't tried SR-71 don't want to press my luck. Maybe right before I dr. To my real palm profile from my test profile for 2.1
    My Sprint Pre- wears pink undies
    im having a little trouble searching for it. can someone please point me to the post on how to set a higher compcache limit perm.
    thanks
  18.    #1038  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    im having a little trouble searching for it. can someone please point me to the post on how to set a higher compcache limit perm.
    thanks
    Let me google that for you
    Live free or DIE!
    much appreciated. i did try google but didnt really come up with what i thought i needed.
    thanks again

i couldnt view that on my work laptop so checked it on my phone. that was really cool how you did that even thought it was at my expense. ltm need to brush up on my searching skills. thanks again
    i know how to change it manually by shutting it off and changing it and then turning it back on but after every reset it resets itself. i thought there was a way to make it so it wouldnt change it. if im just missing it let me know or if i am mistaken.
    thanks