Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #1001  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Anybody else have a update show up for F-105-20?? I updated and Govnah shows the new version. no issues but the icon still only shows notes up to 17.
    same here. and just updated to f105-20. camera works well with this version. haven't find any issue yet.
  2. #1002  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Anybody else have a update show up for F-105-20?? I updated and Govnah shows the new version. no issues but the icon still only shows notes up to 17.

    18 - Psycho - revert camera and contraint hacks for screenstate v1
    19 - rwhitby - Refresh temp patch for omap 3430
    20 - Psycho - remove lowmem hack

    git.webos-internals.org Git - kernels/patches.git/shortlog

    Nothing is hidden. Everything is in the open. Open Source is cool.


    M.
  3. #1003  
    TMC update: went back to using UK last couple of days after having TMC errors with F-105-17. Installed F-105-20 and NO TMC error on reboot. will keep posted on any issues going forward.

    Thanks Guys
    -Mark Guerrero
    -flash yes, but still no slingbox app
  4. #1004  
    Psycho,

    Model: Sprint Pre- (silver button)
    OS: webOS2.1
    Kernel: F105-20

    Gov: Screenstatev2
    On: 900Mhz
    Off: 500Mhz
    BattLow: 500Mhz
    Override Charger: True

    root@My Pre:# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    1005000 1095
    900000 273491
    800000 77 <-----------------
    700000 0
    500000 1194635

    root@My Pre:/sys# ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps/ list_installed | grep kernel
    org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre - 2.1.0-20 - F105 Thunderchief (Pre/Pre+)


    As you see, the kernel was dropping into 800Mhz (I noticed the little blip in the graph at the bottom of Govnah). It's not much at all, obviously, but since I have nothing set to use the 800MHz frequency (in theory) it should be zero like the rest.

    I just thought I'd mention this in case it's helping uncover something greater.


    M.
  5. #1005  
    SR71 running on the Sprint Pre Plus (VZ) webos 2.1:

    high: 1.2
    low: 900
    comp:64

    no issues so far, though still with all kernals waking up the device sometimes delays any ideas?
  6.    #1006  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Psycho,

    Model: Sprint Pre- (silver button)
    OS: webOS2.1
    Kernel: F105-20

    Gov: Screenstatev2
    On: 900Mhz
    Off: 500Mhz
    BattLow: 500Mhz
    Override Charger: True

    root@My Pre:# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    1005000 1095
    900000 273491
    800000 77 <-----------------
    700000 0
    500000 1194635

    root@My Pre:/sys# ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps/ list_installed | grep kernel
    org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre - 2.1.0-20 - F105 Thunderchief (Pre/Pre+)


    As you see, the kernel was dropping into 800Mhz (I noticed the little blip in the graph at the bottom of Govnah). It's not much at all, obviously, but since I have nothing set to use the 800MHz frequency (in theory) it should be zero like the rest.

    I just thought I'd mention this in case it's helping uncover something greater.


    M.
    I know about it.

    This happens when coming out of deep sleep, sometimes. I suspect the bridge driver, but that does not come with the kernel build.
    Live free or DIE!
  7. Sanglant's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #1007  
    What are the chances of getting the 1.2GHz migrated from SR71 to UK?

    edit: Nevermind... It crashed shortly after I enable it in Govnah. My phone just up and rebooted on me.
    Last edited by Sanglant; 03/09/2011 at 05:21 PM.
  8. #1008  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanglant View Post
    What are the chances of getting the 1.2GHz migrated from SR71 to UK?

    edit: Nevermind... It crashed shortly after I enable it in Govnah. My phone just up and rebooted on me.
    That's exactly the reason why it's not. Some devices just can't handle it.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #1009  
    Just installed F105 -20, after playing with UK for a few days.. Has anyone noticed their Messaging app being kinda laggy? I'm not sure if this is the kernel or the new OS in general, as it didn't do it with 1.4.5, but now UK and F105 do it.. the app seems choppier. The send button takes a few seconds to register sometimes, and the chat balloons for stuff that's already been sent/received take a longer moment to load.

    screenstate-v2
    Max 1Ghz (1400mV)
    Min 500 (1125 mV)
    vdemand factor Medium
    poll rate 100

    Anyways, like I said, not sure if it's the kernel but thought I'd report

    Thanks guys for all the hard work!!
    Last edited by euphoric85; 03/09/2011 at 06:16 PM.
  10. #1010  
    Had UK. uninstalled it and installed F105 ( lured by 1.2 GHZ )

    After the prompt for phone restart , I pressed Ok ..

    Then while booting saw HP logo in green( first time i am seeing this) , then it just stays there.

    The HP logo stays there. I guess it is rebooting again and again..

    Any expert advice is really appreciated..

    - O2 UK palm pre plus webos 2.1.0 -
  11. #1011  
    I'm taking a headfirst dive into the blackbird.. itching for that extra 200mhz.. **crosses fingers**

    looks like we're booting successfully..
    i take that back..
    phone's spazzing out on the penguin..
    crap! >.< i'm toast!


    Alright so I bit the bullet and now am currently taking it hardly in the you-know-where.
    I'm about to go to bed, because I don't want to doctor tonight. I'm yanking the battery and letting my phone rest peacefully for the night.

    I think I saw somewhere in some thread that there was a way to use novaterm to uninstall the kernel while in recovery mode.. or something of the sorts. I could be very mistaken. But if any of you kind good looking gentlemen out there know what I'm talking about and would be willing to post a link to these said instructions that I have just spent an hour looking for that probably don't even exist, I would greatly appreciate it, because I would rather not doctor my phone. Tanks in advance.

    EDIT: Apparently I cannot read, even the first page of the thread. There's even a gosh darn Wiki page!

    EDIT2: memboot worked.. much easier than I thought it would be.. thanks for all the help!
    Last edited by fxspec06; 03/09/2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: memboot worked..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  12. #1012  
    Same problem as above. Graphical glitching on Penguin logo then a "restart". Memboot worked. Will standby for SR71 to be tweaked?
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

    Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

    Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
  13. #1013  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinkarra View Post
    Had UK. uninstalled it and installed F105 ( lured by 1.2 GHZ )

    After the prompt for phone restart , I pressed Ok ..

    Then while booting saw HP logo in green( first time i am seeing this) , then it just stays there.

    The HP logo stays there. I guess it is rebooting again and again..

    Any expert advice is really appreciated..

    - O2 UK palm pre plus webos 2.1.0 -
    Looks like you need to memboot. Do a google search for webos internals memboot.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

    Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

    Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
  14.    #1014  
    Ummm. Did anyone read the disclaimer before installing the SR71 package?

    Also some failed to read the first page.

    Live free or DIE!
  15. #1015  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Ummm. Did anyone read the disclaimer before installing the SR71 package?

    Also some failed to read the first page.

    tooo funny

    oh and by the way your kernel borked my phone -- why was there no warning?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  16. #1016  
    ohh in regards to the choppiness.. my compcache is disabled
  17.    #1017  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    tooo funny

    oh and by the way your kernel borked my phone -- why was there no warning?
    I hope you're kidding? I cant assume since there *are* some that dont look at the bold print at the top of the package description before clicking "Install". cuz the package says "...this will brick your phone" (paraphrasing) in Bold.
    Live free or DIE!
  18. #1018  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I hope you're kidding? I cant assume since there *are* some that dont look at the bold print at the top of the package description before clicking "Install". cuz the package says "...this will brick your phone" (paraphrasing) in Bold.
    i was kidding -- i have acitively ALPHA or beta tested your kernels on all of my pre +'s and they made that phone very usable -- without them that phone was a drag. I have a verizon pre2 so i am not able to really test your kernels since you are smartly focusing on 2.1 -- can't wait to get back at it -- thanks for all of your work

    rob
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  19. #1019  
    lol unix I did read that page a few times as well as the huge disclaimer. I didn't read the memboot Wiki until afterwards. A much deserved facepalm..

    I'm gonna give the f105 a go but have doubt because apparently I have a weakling pre plus.

    edit: f105 is stable on my pre plus.
    Last edited by fxspec06; 03/10/2011 at 06:18 AM.
  20. #1020  
    Quote Originally Posted by euphoric85 View Post
    Just installed F105 -20, after playing with UK for a few days.. Has anyone noticed their Messaging app being kinda laggy? I'm not sure if this is the kernel or the new OS in general, as it didn't do it with 1.4.5, but now UK and F105 do it.. the app seems choppier. The send button takes a few seconds to register sometimes, and the chat balloons for stuff that's already been sent/received take a longer moment to load.

    screenstate-v2
    Max 1Ghz (1400mV)
    Min 500 (1125 mV)
    vdemand factor Medium
    poll rate 100

    Anyways, like I said, not sure if it's the kernel but thought I'd report

    Thanks guys for all the hard work!!
    i've updated from 1.4.5 to 2.1 and have used UK for both and also F105 -20 and have not experienced this lag in messaging app
    -Mark Guerrero
    -flash yes, but still no slingbox app

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions