Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
    yeah I have the same issue with F105 sprint pre plus webos 2.1. TMC error upon boot up, unable to launch applications. Removed using WQI then had to manual reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    yeah I have the same issue with F105 sprint pre plus webos 2.1. TMC error upon boot up, unable to launch applications. Removed using WQI then had to manual reboot.

How are you two installing the kernel? I have exactly zero issues so far.

(that I can pin point to the kernel anyway - I'm having some audio / mediaserver issues, but I don't know if it's kernel related yet)

M.
    k..thanks...so what do you use inplace of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by markaguerrero View Post
    k..thanks...so what do you use inplace of it?

In place of what?

M.
    the test feeds i added

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

didnt seem to show any additional kernels, so i manually added this one

Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/2.1.0/

and then i was able to see the addtional kernels...
    F105? do i possible need to try the av8?

sorry if i sound a little green..just upgraded my pre plus to 2.1.0 and before then just used the UberKernel
    so did i miss the solution to TMC error with F105? is the only way to correct this is to uninstall using WQI? i can make a phone call but that's it
    Gesture+tap F105 icon in launcher and delete it. After restart it should be back to palm default kernel

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    F105? do i possible need to try the av8?

sorry if i sound a little green..just upgraded my pre plus to 2.1.0 and before then just used the UberKernel

Then chances are you should stick with UberKernel for now.

Thunderchief, SR71, Harrier, Warthog, etc., are *ALPHA* grade kernels.

You are to *expect* that you will have to re-doctor your phone at a moment's notice - with no time/ability to perform any backups. It's also quite possible for your phone to not boot again as well if something goes very wrong and your processor overheats and melts (literally).

If either of those two statements frighten you, then you shouldn't be using these kernels.

M.
    thanks call

thanks xan, and if it doesnt frighten me, what could be my next step..i'm really not too content with unoverclocked pre..i'm spoiled already and have a backup phone for worst case scenario..
    thanks call

thanks xan, and if it doesnt frighten me, what could be my next step..i'm really not too content with unoverclocked pre..i'm spoiled already and have a backup phone for worst case scenario..

As am I. My only real suggestion is to go back to UberKernel. It looks like the -18 fixes the b0rk3d camera issue. I don't think it ever had the new TMC issue (but don't quote me on that one).

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking though. Are you asking what to use inplace of an Alpha Grade kernel? Then UberKernel.

If you're asking about you statement "i can make a phone call but that's it", then much more explanation will be needed. How did you install F105? Have you played with the voltage profile? EXACTLY what version are you using. No, "the latest one" is NOT an answer.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    As am I. My only real suggestion is to go back to UberKernel. It looks like the -18 fixes the b0rk3d camera issue. I don't think it ever had the new TMC issue (but don't quote me on that one).

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking though. Are you asking what to use inplace of an Alpha Grade kernel? Then UberKernel.

If you're asking about you statement "i can make a phone call but that's it", then much more explanation will be needed. How did you install F105? Have you played with the voltage profile? EXACTLY what version are you using. No, "the latest one" is NOT an answer.

M.
    F105-17..i installed it thru preware..not able to get to voltage profile(u talking about Govnah right?)

and yes, altho TMC error would not allow me to do anything else, i could launch the phone app and make/receive call..

since my upgrade over the weekend, all seems to be working fine with 2.1.0

i'll do my research but what benefits does *ALPHA* grade kernels have over uberkernel? installing uber now
    F105-17..i installed it thru preware..not able to get to voltage profile(u talking about Govnah right?)

and yes, altho TMC error would not allow me to do anything else, i could launch the phone app and make/receive call..

since my upgrade over the weekend, all seems to be working fine with 2.1.0

i'll do my research but what benefits does *ALPHA* grade kernels have over uberkernel? installing uber now

Benefits? You get to have these kinds of problems on a fairly regular basis. It keeps you on your toes!

Somewhat more seriously, though (all though what I just said is 100% true), there's changes that 'Psycho tests out for these kernels. Some are fantastic, some have made the phone plow though the entire battery in just an hour or so. UberKernel gets all the GOOD changes, and none of the BAD ones. The only way to find out which changes are GOOD ones, is for people to Guinea Pig our phones with the FULL understanding that after we tell it to reboot, that could very well have been the last time we'll have seen our desktops so this "never" would happen to the UberKernel users.

M.
    Major difference for me going from F105-11 to F105-17 on Sprint Pre minus running webOS 2.1.0. On F105-11 my Pre was sluggish, would oftentimes appear to freeze, and I was receiving TMC errors even with no cards. Now with F105-17 it's blazing fast, similar to what I was used to on webOS 1.4.5 and I have yet to see the TMC error since updating. Settings in Govnah are stock except for Compcache which I have set at 16MB.

Great work!!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Benefits? You get to have these kinds of problems on a fairly regular basis. It keeps you on your toes!

Somewhat more seriously, though (all though what I just said is 100% true), there's changes that 'Psycho tests out for these kernels. Some are fantastic, some have made the phone plow though the entire battery in just an hour or so. UberKernel gets all the GOOD changes, and none of the BAD ones. The only way to find out which changes are GOOD ones, is for people to Guinea Pig our phones with the FULL understanding that after we tell it to reboot, that could very well have been the last time we'll have seen our desktops so this "never" would happen to the UberKernel users.

M.
    i dont mind being a guinea pig..glad to help..here is an error that i get now when i update my feeds that may help explain the TMC error

preware feed update error | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    nevermind..i know why those errors are there..
    -Mark Guerrero
    -flash yes, but still no slingbox app
    I uninstalled AV8B-10 due to TMC errors on webos 2.1.0
    Installed F105-17, used default settings, increased comcache to 24 Mb.
    No probs at all.
    I have opened multiple apps, including games, with no TMC (only sluggish performance).
    Have open Mail, Calender, Angry Birds Seasons, Putki & Govnah.
    Memory / Swap 232/103, Temp 25 C, current -200 mA.
    Games play fine.
    Only (minor) problem is slow to register screen on / unlock, battery life so far so good.
    Palm IIIe -> SL-10 -> NX80 -> UX-50 -> TH-55 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre (Movistar) -> Pre 2 (GSM-US) -> Pre 3 (EU-GSM) -> Pre 3 (AT&T) + TP 32Gb
    Just hit TMC at startup and cannot run any apps on 2.1.0 on a Sprint Pre Plus. Deleted and went back to UK.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    'Psycho,

I'm seeing this in my logs quite a lot:

Quote Originally Posted by [b]/var/log/messages
    [/b]
    (time snipped) [43558] palm-webos kern.err kernel: [43558.540000] Invalid VDD1 OPP requested
    (snip a bunch of useless junk)

Of course it's saying that on the wire or the 'Stone. I have it set to override charger.

Duh.

Right?

M.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Upgraded Sprint Pre- to 2.1. Added Sprint Nav and Flash. Installed F105. Everything works well but there is no longer any audio when recieving texts or when connecting the charger. So Far all other functions work fine.
    Anybody else have a update show up for F-105-20?? I updated and Govnah shows the new version. no issues but the icon still only shows notes up to 17.