Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by evertec View Post
    Thanks, sounds good. Conversely, however, there shouldn't be any disadvantage to running it vs 105 if I just want to go to 1.2 infrequently though right?
    No disadvantage, correct.
    Live free or DIE!
    Under my parameters I see 96 74 70 66 48 36 30 am I to change one of those values with 83?
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
    Under my parameters I see 96 74 70 66 48 36 30 am I to change one of those values with 83?
    Change 96 to 83. Make sure to click apply.
    Live free or DIE!
    Thanks, I am going to first try the most recent build and maybe see if the problem is corrected, if not then I will try and change the voltage and see if I stabilize.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post
    oh actually I did have the issue where my battery was at 25% I think and then it went to 0%. It was at 0% for about an hour so I think something weird happened there.
    I still have this issue nearly anytime the phone is nearing 20%.
    ******Disclaimer*******
    I'm a Dvorak typist using
    a QWERTY thumb board.
    Typoes? Oh Yeah
    latest test for me with SR71-92, just installed (was using F105-latest)=upon initial restart after installation all added launcher pages were gone again and everything put back into one launcher page. I have brought this up before. I am not saying that the kernel is causing it but...it is a large coincidence especially since it was the very first thing that I noticed. And for some reason save/restore will not restore launcher as it was. F105 was working super... Just thought I would give the latest SR a run...since I was having same issue in SR last time I ran it. Also with SR71 installed every Luna or other restart removes any added pages...I don't know what the relationship is with all this. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Follow up to above post about missing pages...
    Whatever causes this remains after removing kernel. Wnet back to Palm kernel on my way back top F105 kernel and just tested by adding a couple of pages and did a Luna restart...pages removed. Per my past experience the only wany to get things back in working order is a trip to the Dr.... So off I go...........
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    Follow up to above post about missing pages...
    Whatever causes this remains after removing kernel. Wnet back to Palm kernel on my way back top F105 kernel and just tested by adding a couple of pages and did a Luna restart...pages removed. Per my past experience the only wany to get things back in working order is a trip to the Dr.... So off I go...........
    The missing pages is cause by the Palm preferences database not being saved properly.

Other than when you are forced to do a unclean battery pull, there is nothing about kernels that touches this area.

And if you can reproduce it on the stock kernel, then it definitely isn't kernel related.

What version of what tool are you using to install these kernels?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I must not use mine properly because I have had no problems running sr71 for over 2 weeks. Runs great so nothing to report here. That's for coming back Unix.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    The most recent build still gave me the Luna reboot issues, so I changed the voltage. As I had theorized, this actually did the trick and stopped the instability and weird hickups I was having before. What's the difference in voltage that would cause such a problem do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGR8Morton View Post
    I've been using the F105 kernel for since it came out. However, I have an issue when I open a PDF then throw it away. My Pre locks up and does a Luna restart after I discard the PDF. The strange part is there's no rhyme or reason to it. It just does it every once in a while. Anybody else have this issue? Thanks in advance!
    I'm experiencing the exact same issue, but do not know if it's F105 related or not. Your post is the first I've actually read of someone having the same issue. Based on that, I'm going to uninstall F105 and see what happens.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/04/2010 at 04:05 AM.
    Uninstalled F105 and still experience crashing in the PDF app.
    unixpsycho, what voltage settings did you use with F105 prior to -76 (when you bumped the V). I had no problems at the lower V and would like to try that again on your newer kernel.

I believe the new values you show are stock Palm for the 3 lowest OPP's, correct?
    im running F105 for over 2 weeks now.... very nice up grade.

money is tight... but i am trying to contribute $10 a month to webosInternals..
    I am on sprint plan with corp discount... i see it as a paying for an added value service to my pre experience.
    I know for a fact... i would be very bummend running a stock pre after a year....
    The extra performance i get out of my pre from just the oc alone is worth at least $10 a month.
    I have no affiliation with webosinternals.. i just try to appreciate and compensate those that do good work. These guys work on a donation basis.... and they deserve to be "tipped" for their outstanding work.
    Thanks again for making my pre continue to be badass... the look on my users faces when i open up govnah and show them the 1ghz + operating speed... priceless!
    Rod- I always install kernels through preware. It seems as though somthing is getting corrupted on that first time that it does the pages reset. The only way I have found to get things working again is to doctor it. Also repair util doesn't find anything wrong with the files. Just weird. I can say without a doubt, on my phone it happens every time I have installed SR71. Last installed with preware 1.2.6. May be tied to abnormal shut downs that I had with SR71. Hey I'm not complaining here just giving input from my experinces. And thanks for your feedback.
    Last edited by dballew; 08/03/2010 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    Rod- I always install kernels through preware. It seems as though somthing is getting corrupted on that first time that it does the pages reset. The only way I have found to get things working again is to doctor it. Also repair util doesn't find anything wrong with the files. Just weird. I can say without a doubt, on my phone it happens every time I have installed SR71. Last installed with preware 1.2.6. May be tied to abnormal shut downs that I had with SR71. Hey I'm not complaining here just giving input from my experinces. And thanks for your feedback.
    If you have an unclean shutdown (e.g. the device reboots itself abnormally, or you have to pull the battery without doing an orderly shutdown first), then loosing preference values is not an uncommon outcome.

But installing kernels with clean shutdowns or reboots either side should not lose preferences, unless the new kernel install doesn't boot properly or causes a reboot loop ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Reporting back on the recent testing I have done on the latest update to f105 -92 partnered with Govnah v0.6.6
    I did a light test, with 1.005ghz - 500mhz cpu frequency, 74 70 66 54 48 36 30 VDD VSEL, temp limit 55, temp reset 50.
    I opened up Card Ace Poker with a temp reading of 32 and battery at 96%. I played for about 30-40 minutes and experienced a battery drain down to 72% and my temperature peaked out at 47. I then hopped into the forums here and saw a screen shot by another user here, and swapped out my temp limit to 50 from 55 and temp reset to 45 from 50. I read through every page in this thread and noticed during that time through Govnah my temp dropped to 38.

I have only experienced one random full reboot, and I was just browsing through my launcher pages.

Previously,after the -88 update everything ran smooth, speedy and crisp. During a trip down to Santa Cruz I left my house with a full battery (around 12pm). I viewed a few youtube videos and googled a few searches, made a couple of texts max. Used google maps for about 15 minutes, and by the time we got to the beach, (around 2pm) my battery was at around 42%. From about 3pm-6pm my phone was running at 1x service,i took a handful of pics and facebooked, made a few brief phone calls and was at about 20% battery before I put it in airplane mode. I then used my phone for a couple more brief phone calls to get the number of a pizzeria and to order pizzas, and my battery dropped to 0%. So I then immediately put it in airplane mode. After about an hour and a half and 6 sliceslater we went to another beach,i took a few pics and took my phone off of airplane mode and even though my battery registered 0% I was able to log into foursquare and chec into a few spots before I put my phone in airplane mode again. That was the last time I used my phone. I checked it a while later and it was shut off.
    battery life was not dependable during that day of tests.

I never had multiple cards or anything running in the bakground throughout the day during that day of testing.

EDIT: During the time I qwerty typed this post on my pre plus with this thread open in two separate cards, plus Govnah. My temps rose between 40 and 42 degrees celcius and my battery current jumped as high as -573mA. I then checked again after typing this edit and my temp went back down to 39 degrees C and battery current dropped to only -270mA, then I checked again just now and battery current bumped up to -332 and temp 41C.
    I closed Govnah and the other forum card after edting this post. Reopened Govnah and my battery current was at -633 and temperature 46C. Good times
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 08/04/2010 at 06:21 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Sweet, thanks for this idea... I kept thinking I was unstable at 1.2ghz because I had too little voltage but I must have had too much, because now I'm stable with only 74 (1.524V) at 1.2ghz!
    Installing -92. Updates get better everytime. You go man!
    Got the latest SR-71 last night, used my phone (mostly data) for a little more then 30 minutes and went from 100% to 88%. I had between two and 4 bars with 3G data, but it went down to 1X for a minute.

Applications used: News room, Bad kitty, and Web.