Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #921  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveborough View Post
    i dont see a kernel, just a place holder for Uber and F102A in preware.
    You have to configure the testing-feeds in Preware.
    Live free or DIE!
    Whoosh. Wow. Thank you, unixpsycho! {Jonathan}
    I have F105 up and running on my sprint pre-. Its a great feeling. Installed fine, rebooted and it loaded right up. Then I took a stab at govnah. Where I ran into a little issue. Maybe someone can verify this. Not really sure if this is a kernel issue or govnah. Probably govnah but just felt like stating it somewhere.

So created a custom profile:
    Screenstate-v2
    min 500
    max 1.005
    vDemand: high
    cpu v:
    1.005: 1387.5
    900: 1350
    800: 1337.h
    700: 1286.5
    500: 1112.5
    System V: 1112.5
    Low Batt: 500mhz

So I've noticed that at random the Frequency will just drop back to 500mhz. However the rest of the profile is in tact. Compressed swap is at 24mb and stays. The profile name stays. the settings are the same but the frequency just drops to 500mhz. If i select the profile again or hit apply settings it jumps back to 1.005mhz

I noticed it after a reboot once. Also happened randomly when the screen was off. I assumed it didnt crash because the profile should go back to the screenstate2 500/1005 profile. At least the settings would revert to default.

Any thoughts?

Edit:
    I just had govnah open and watched the graphs update. Yeah fun stuff. anyway the freq dropped to 500mhz without anything changing. actually it went from 1.005 to 700 then to 500.
    Last edited by theXfactor2011; 02/28/2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: new data
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    F105 just sent my Sprint Pre- with 2.1.0 into a boot loop. Caution guys...
    Just to clarify, boot loop means your pre- boots and then shuts down and reboots on its own? Mine reacted slightly differently, it shows the early boot logo (non-glowing) and shut down but then remained off.

I was just wondering if that's a different behavior from what you experienced. Naturally, I have reverted to stock, though I had to use memboot instead of just plugging in a wall charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor2011 View Post
    So I've noticed that at random the Frequency will just drop back to 500mhz.
    Yep had this happen once too.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6. SashoDikov
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Getting a TMC error with my Pre plus, F105 on 2.1. Everytime I try to play angry birds. Even after a restart with no cards.

i confirm this with the thunderchief, gonna switch to UK to test ...

<edit> - yep, UK does not have the issue. means you have to ease up on that RAM clock eh ;]
    Last edited by SashoDikov; 03/01/2011 at 02:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Another confirmation. I have several PDK apps that do this with F105 that do not with Uber.

Quote Originally Posted by netzwurm View Post
    Just to clarify, boot loop means your pre- boots and then shuts down and reboots on its own? Mine reacted slightly differently, it shows the early boot logo (non-glowing) and shut down but then remained off.

I was just wondering if that's a different behavior from what you experienced. Naturally, I have reverted to stock, though I had to use memboot instead of just plugging in a wall charger.
    Yeah, that's what happened. I got it working though when I installed it again. I had to novacom into it and boot the stock kernel.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  9.    #929  
    For those that seem to think they dont have a problem with Uber should really test harder before making comments. UberKernel has the same problem.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Always ran delta dagger on 1.4.5. Now that I've upgraded to 2.1 on my sprint pre - glad thunderchief is available. Much faster however I do get the TMC error on Angry Birds. Ill continue running it and see how things go after a few days of testing. Thanks UnixPsycho!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    For those that seem to think they dont have a problem with Uber should really test harder before making comments. UberKernel has the same problem.
    I have five PDK apps the give a TMC error with F105. All five load and operate fine with UberKernel installed. All other apps work on both Kernels. I don't know anything else to do to test.

Unix, this is on a Pre+ with 1.4.5 & F105-171 but I figured I should mention it as the bug (uncertain if in kernel or Govnah) may apply to the newer webOS kernels... when having mode switcher do Govnah' profile switching between speeds, the speed doesn't automatically change to the faster screenstate on speed, if I have a profile w/"Charger Override" selected.

Example: put Pre on Touchstone & MS changes Govnah profile to 500/700 & Charger Override=false, it slows down to 700, then 500, correctly. Take it off and MS changes Govnah profile back to 500/1005 screenstate-v2 & Charger Override=True. Speed stays at 500 until the screen is toggled off/on. Then it works normally.

If I change the Charger Override=false in the 500/1005 profile, the speed will change to 1005 after the charger is polled.
  13.    #933  
    Actually, this happens with the default stock kernel as well. It's bouncing to 550-600MHz randomly when it's set for 500MHz.

So F105 is doing what it's suppose to. I'll have to make the stock kernel not do this. The 2.x kernels are power saving aggressive.
    Live free or DIE!
  14.    #934  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
    I have five PDK apps the give a TMC error with F105. All five load and operate fine with UberKernel installed. All other apps work on both Kernels. I don't know anything else to do to test.

I'm not talking about games. Other bugs mentioned that are quickly obvious in Uber *and* the Palm stock kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I'm not talking about games. Other bugs mentioned that are quickly obvious in Uber *and* the Palm stock kernel.
    So what's causing the PDK app problem, exactly?
  16.    #936  
    Quote Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
    So what's causing the PDK app problem, exactly?
    Probably the 200MHz vdd2, Uber doesnt have that. I dont have any games on my freshly hacked Pre yet so I cant test that. Been too busy trying to work around this Palm "feature"
    Live free or DIE!
    Is there anything different between F105 for 1.4.5 and F105 for 2.1.0? Just asking because I have always been able to run kernels well (including SR71 in all of the releases) on my Pre, and had previously been running F105 before I updated to 2.1.0, but as soon as I installed F105 it went into reboot loop. Tried UberKernel first and it worked fine. Phone is off right now because I didn't have access to my development machine, but as soon as I go on lunch I'll try to pull some logs for you.
  18.    #938  
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Stice View Post
    Is there anything different between F105 for 1.4.5 and F105 for 2.1.0? Just asking because I have always been able to run kernels well (including SR71 in all of the releases) on my Pre, and had previously been running F105 before I updated to 2.1.0, but as soon as I installed F105 it went into reboot loop. Tried UberKernel first and it worked fine. Phone is off right now because I didn't have access to my development machine, but as soon as I go on lunch I'll try to pull some logs for you.
    The last version of F105 for 1.4.5 had a backport from webOS 2.0.1 kernel for 200MHz operation. I would assume alot of things would have broken with that version, but not a peep from anyone.

F105 for webOS 2.1.0 is the exact same patch set as 1.4.5 but aligned properly for 2.1.0 kernel sources. So it should behave the same. There wasnt much changed except for suspend and sleeping modes.
    Live free or DIE!
    My manly pre - has been waiting for that 1.2ghz SR71 for webOS 2.1.. I see it has that itch
  20.    #940  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostinator View Post
    My manly pre - has been waiting for that 1.2ghz SR71 for webOS 2.1.. I see it has that itch
    Soon... I have a disgusting workaround for the floating freq speeds, but it should suffice to make users happy.
    Live free or DIE!