Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Weird...f14 installs but have wifi issues. F105 wont boot and then have to memboot.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Hey Unix, im curious, will there ever be a possibilty of F105 working on the WebOS 2.0 Beta for Sprint? Or because they haven't released the source codes and at this point probably will not be releasing 2.0 for anything older than a Pre 2 it wont be possible? Would it be illegal, even?
  3.    #883  
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
    Hey Unix, im curious, will there ever be a possibilty of F105 working on the WebOS 2.0 Beta for Sprint? Or because they haven't released the source codes and at this point probably will not be releasing 2.0 for anything older than a Pre 2 it wont be possible? Would it be illegal, even?
    No source code yet. lots of rumors flying around.
    Live free or DIE!
  4.    #884  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Weird...f14 installs but have wifi issues. F105 wont boot and then have to memboot.
    uh? How are you installing F105 when it's not avail for the Pre2?
    Live free or DIE!
    What's the skinny on the new F105 kernel tweaks? 200 MHz pwnage?
  6.    #886  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    What's the skinny on the new F105 kernel tweaks? 200 MHz pwnage?
    Backporting of 200MHz code from the Pre2.
    Live free or DIE!
    Psycho,

Sprint Pre- (silver button)
    webOS 1.4.5

I don't know if you want to talk about this here or not, but, I made a modified test build of your latest F105-169. I only changed:

CONFIG_PPP=y
    # CONFIG_PPP_MULTILINK is not set
    # CONFIG_PPP_FILTER is not set
    CONFIG_PPP_ASYNC=y
    # CONFIG_PPP_SYNC_TTY is not set
    CONFIG_PPP_DEFLATE=y
    CONFIG_PPP_BSDCOMP=y
    CONFIG_PPP_MPPE=y
    # CONFIG_PPPOE is not set
    # CONFIG_PPPOL2TP is not set

which Linus decided to automatically add:

CONFIG_CRYPTO_ECB=y
    CONFIG_CRYPTO_ARC4=y

(patch: F105.config.patch - not that you need it, but...)

Here are my results:
    Quote Originally Posted by /var/log/messages
    pppd[1600]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0x735a2606> <pcomp> <accomp>]
    pppd[1600]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x0 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0xb58d7f3b> <pcomp> <accomp>]
    pppd[1600]: sent [LCP ConfAck id=0x0 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0xb58d7f3b> <pcomp> <accomp>]
    pppd[1600]: rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0x735a2606> <pcomp> <accomp>]
    pppd[1600]: sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x1 <deflate 15> <deflate(old#) 15> <bsd v1 15>]
    pppd[1600]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f 01> <addr 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns1 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns3 0.0.0.0>]
    pppd[1600]: rcvd [LCP DiscReq id=0x1 magic=0xb58d7f3b]
    pppd[1600]: rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x0 <addr 68.28.121.69>]
    pppd[1600]: sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x0 <addr 68.28.121.69>]
    pppd[1600]: rcvd [LCP ProtRej id=0x2 80 fd 01 01 00 0f 1a 04 78 00 18 04 78 00 15 03 2f]
    pppd[1600]: rcvd [IPCP ConfRej id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f 01>]
    What I've been reading is that line "IPCP ConfRej id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f 01>" means that their server is rejecting IP Header Compression. However, because that's the only thing listed, and the Pre's pppd requested compression for everything (IP Traffic included):

IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f 01> <addr 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns1 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns3 0.0.0.0>

I can only assume, at this point, that Sprint did hono(u)r the IP Compression, Deflate, and even (?) the MS Compression. I say all this only because they are not shown as rejections.

M.

#-------------
    # EDIT:

P.S.
    I forgot how long single threaded kernel builds take! Even really slim ones like this. UGH!
    #-------------
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 02/20/2011 at 09:00 PM.
  8.    #888  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Psycho,

Sprint Pre- (silver button)
    webOS 1.4.5

I don't know if you want to talk about this here or not, but, I made a modified test build of your latest F105-169. I only changed:

CONFIG_PPP=y
    # CONFIG_PPP_MULTILINK is not set
    # CONFIG_PPP_FILTER is not set
    CONFIG_PPP_ASYNC=y
    # CONFIG_PPP_SYNC_TTY is not set
    CONFIG_PPP_DEFLATE=y
    CONFIG_PPP_BSDCOMP=y
    CONFIG_PPP_MPPE=y
    # CONFIG_PPPOE is not set
    # CONFIG_PPPOL2TP is not set

which Linus decided to automatically add:

CONFIG_CRYPTO_ECB=y
    CONFIG_CRYPTO_ARC4=y

(patch: F105.config.patch - not that you need it, but...)

Here are my results:

What I've been reading is that line "IPCP ConfRej id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f 01>" means that their server is rejecting IP Header Compression. However, because that's the only thing listed, and the Pre's pppd requested compression for everything (IP Traffic included):

IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f 01> <addr 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns1 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns3 0.0.0.0>

I can only assume, at this point, that Sprint did hono(u)r the IP Compression, Deflate, and even (?) the MS Compression. I say all this only because they are not shown as rejections.

M.

#-------------
    # EDIT:

P.S.
    I forgot how long single threaded kernel builds take! Even really slim ones like this. UGH!
    #-------------
    hmm. Last time I tried this was on my Treo 700wx/800w. Sprint always denied PPP compression (deflate et al). Took me a while to remember.

Are you seeing any better results?
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    hmm. Last time I tried this was on my Treo 700wx/800w. Sprint always denied PPP compression (deflate et al). Took me a while to remember.

Are you seeing any better results?
    Possibly. Honestly I think I need to see a normal day's use. I will say that if I load a (mobile version) of the lead article on P|C right now, it loads in one big chunk. Normally it loads in parts and I get the GIMP-like transparent gray squares for a brief period of time while the page is loading. The "Ev" icon doesn't seem to stay lit any where near as long either.

Mails seem to come in "faster". Meaning the time it takes for the mail to come all the way in enough for webOS to realize it's a new mail and tell me about it seems to be lowered. The "Ev" is on for a blip, goes out and the phone tells me about it.

It could just be a placebo, of course.

I found Pingdom Tools It measures page load times. It's not clear whether it's their side loading it, or if it's my side doing the work, though. Here's the results (the URLs are permalinks provided to the individual tests):

Used "precentral.net" as the test page

Home (Verizon FiOS):
    Total loading time: 8.5 seconds
    Pingdom Tools

Sprint With Comp:
    Total loading time: 8.6 seconds
    Pingdom Tools

Sprint NO Comp:
    Total loading time: 11.9 seconds
    Pingdom Tools

Hmmm... maybe it's not a placebo.

M.
  10.    #890  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Possibly. Honestly I think I need to see a normal day's use. I will say that if I load a (mobile version) of the lead article on P|C right now, it loads in one big chunk. Normally it loads in parts and I get the GIMP-like transparent gray squares for a brief period of time while the page is loading. The "Ev" icon doesn't seem to stay lit any where near as long either.

Mails seem to come in "faster". Meaning the time it takes for the mail to come all the way in enough for webOS to realize it's a new mail and tell me about it seems to be lowered. The "Ev" is on for a blip, goes out and the phone tells me about it.

It could just be a placebo, of course.

I found Pingdom Tools It measures page load times. It's not clear whether it's their side loading it, or if it's my side doing the work, though. Here's the results (the URLs are permalinks provided to the individual tests):

Used "precentral.net" as the test page

Home (Verizon FiOS):
    Total loading time: 8.5 seconds
    Pingdom Tools

Sprint With Comp:
    Total loading time: 8.6 seconds
    Pingdom Tools

Sprint NO Comp:
    Total loading time: 11.9 seconds
    Pingdom Tools

Hmmm... maybe it's not a placebo.

M.
    hehe. guess we need a clinical trial.

Let me build an F105 and AV8B with deflate and stuff enabled. Should be out in a few.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    hehe. guess we need a clinical trial.

Don't forget the machine that goes "Ding!".

M.
    New changes seem ok to me; hard to tell. I think it's a little quicker to load webpages. Haven't had any problems yet.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    @unixpsycho - So is F102B similar to F105A now (with screenstate-V2 *and* voltage scaling), with the exception that the high end is 800 instead of 1005?

Sorry, there doesn't seem to be a detailed F102B thread...
  14.    #894  
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    @unixpsycho - So is F102B similar to F105A now (with screenstate-V2 *and* voltage scaling), with the exception that the high end is 800 instead of 1005?

Sorry, there doesn't seem to be a detailed F102B thread...
    They are the same minus 1gig, 200MHz VDD2, and manual vdd2 control, and some other stuff. F102 is a no frills kernel, but stable.

The original thread: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...erimental.html
    Live free or DIE!
    Unfortunately, my Verizon Pre2 won't run SR71 at all. Immediately freezes then reboots (loop) as soon as I set it in Govnah (screenstate or ondemand). Is my Pre2 wearing pinks?

Update: It seems F14 seems to be ok for now...weird.
    Last edited by vortmax; 02/28/2011 at 02:00 PM.
  16.    #896  
    Quote Originally Posted by vortmax View Post
    Unfortunately, my Verizon Pre2 won't run SR71 at all. Immediately freezes then reboots (loop) as soon as I set it in Govnah (screenstate or ondemand). Is my Pre2 wearing pinks?

Update: It seems F14 seems to be ok for now...weird.
    SR71 is using SmartReflex. works fine for some freqs. If people are having problems with it then i'll dump it in favor of vdemand or screenstate v2.

F14 right now is a battery hog, but for me it's more stable in the latest version.
    Live free or DIE!
    Hmmm I never thought F14 was a battery hog. I thought the battery life was the exact same as my overclocked pre.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  18.    #898  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Hmmm I never thought F14 was a battery hog. I thought the battery life was the exact same as my overclocked pre.
    And that lies the problem, the Pre2 is suppose to have much better battery life. Although F14 is doing no real voltage scaling right now.
    Live free or DIE!
  19.    #899  
    With the release of webOS 2.1.0 hacks, the 1.4.5 kernels have been deprecated.

They will remain in the feeds but will no longer receive updates. Development for webOS 2.0.1 and above will continue;
    Live free or DIE!
    Marco! you rock! I have F105 up and running on my 2.1 hacked pre-