Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #821  
    Quote Originally Posted by osahum View Post
    well.. i read this..

    easy on me
    Remember that you are an alpha tester, and as such have certain responsibilities that you must uphold as far as keeping up to date with the information published about the items being alpha tested and providing effective and complete problem reports.

    Your problem reports so far have not met those obligations - you need to raise your game.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #822  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Remember that you are an alpha tester, and as such have certain responsibilities that you must uphold as far as keeping up to date with the information published about the items being alpha tested and providing effective and complete problem reports.

    Your problem reports so far have not met those obligations - you need to raise your game.

    -- Rod
    right.. but i read correctly and my question was very specific and i addressed a very specific issue concerning this kernel in this thread. based on the information about this kernel in this thread provided by unixpsycho that VVD2 in the new screenstate for f105 can be changed using the latest Govnah Version (13).. but Xanadu73 thinks otherwise!
  3. #823  
    Quote Originally Posted by osahum View Post
    right.. but i read correctly and my question was very specific and i addressed a very specific issue concerning this kernel in this thread. based on the information about this kernel in this thread provided by unixpsycho that VVD2 in the new screenstate for f105 can be changed using the latest Govnah Version (13).. but Xanadu73 thinks otherwise!
    VDD2 can be changed. But VDD1 cannot, and F105 is currently telling Govnah that it can be changed (it's a writeable sysfs entry) and that it's value is "N/A" (which doesn't make sense as a voltage). That error prevents the VDD2 adjustment sticking.

    There will likely be a new F105 version to adjust this.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #824  
    does the F105 use two sets of voltage ranges, like.. low..med and high for 1Gz and then again other lower set when its 500? for example.. at 1Ghz.. 1375, 1250, 1150 then at 500Mhz 1200, 1050, 978.5... ?
  5.    #825  
    Quote Originally Posted by osahum View Post
    does the F105 use two sets of voltage ranges, like.. low..med and high for 1Gz and then again other lower set when its 500? for example.. at 1Ghz.. 1375, 1250, 1150 then at 500Mhz 1200, 1050, 978.5... ?
    No. Screenstate v2 does not use a specific set of frequencies like AV8B. It uses a factor based on the default voltage for that frequency slot and scales based on that. I laid out the formula for the factor earlier in the thread.
    Live free or DIE!
  6.    #826  
    -161 release of F105 has support for changing "default" voltages for screenstate-v2. And of course to make Govnah happy.

    But be warned! Depending on your vdemand factor you might end up with a RSOD.
    Live free or DIE!
  7. #827  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    -161 release of F105 has support for changing "default" voltages for screenstate-v2. And of course to make Govnah happy.

    But be warned! Depending on your vdemand factor you might end up with a RSOD.
    cool!! will it be released today? cant wait to test it!!
  8. #828  
    F105 - 161 ist truly amazing..peace of art!! i am testing it with these setting:

    Screenstate-v2 1000/500
    Vdemand factor OMG
    CPU voltage: 1Ghz at 1400, 500Mhz at 1125
    System Voltage: 1125

    Works like a charm!!
  9. #829  
    does this look ok to you? the frequency seems to drop gradually and it doesn't stay at 500 in states.. F105 - 161 screenstate
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10. #830  
    Quote Originally Posted by osahum View Post
    does this look ok to you? the frequency seems to drop gradually and it doesn't stay at 500 in states.. F105 - 161 screenstate
    Looks like a graphing artefact, where time has advanced but the device has been in sleep and not gathering data points.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #831  
    I'm running F105-161. The charger override isn't working for me.
  12.    #832  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I'm running F105-161. The charger override isn't working for me.
    You're right. I tested it one way but not the other.

    I'll fix it in next build.
    Live free or DIE!
  13. #833  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I'm running F105-161. The charger override isn't working for me.
    it works for me -- only backwards -- False = charger overide
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  14. #834  
    can anyone volunteer and try to explain to me in detail what the function of the VVD2 200mhz in F105 kernel. i will appreciate it.. i tried looking thru the threads and so.. but no luck. Thanks in advance
  15. #835  
    VDD2 is the system voltage supply, which powers, amongst other things, the memory interface.

    On the Pre/Pre+ the blocks that it powers normally run at 166MHz.

    -- Rod
  16. #836  
    This may be happening too rapidly for graphing purposes, but is there a way to see what vdemand is doing, in real time, in terms of voltage scaling? I was looking at the formula for calculating vsel a few pages back...do changing the cpu voltages in Govnah even do anything when running vdemand? Aka is there actually a "baseline" or default voltage, or is it all just based on the previous vsel and the current system load?
  17. #837  
    162 is working great -- i feel like i am seeing an improvement in battery drain watching battery monitor.. heat is good all around 98% stable -- last night i placed the phone on a bedside touchstone and this morning it required a battery pull -- i have the charger overridden so that in the car i can listen to pandora but at night on the TS the screen shuts off and drops the freq to 500mhz -- so i don't think there were any heating issues -- i will keep an eye and try to troubleshoot if it happens again
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  18. #838  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    VDD2 is the system voltage supply, which powers, amongst other things, the memory interface.

    On the Pre/Pre+ the blocks that it powers normally run at 166MHz.

    -- Rod
    so in this kernel (f105) its over-clocked from 166 to 200? and in Uberkernel or F102 for example its not?
  19.    #839  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    162 is working great -- i feel like i am seeing an improvement in battery drain watching battery monitor.. heat is good all around 98% stable -- last night i placed the phone on a bedside touchstone and this morning it required a battery pull -- i have the charger overridden so that in the car i can listen to pandora but at night on the TS the screen shuts off and drops the freq to 500mhz -- so i don't think there were any heating issues -- i will keep an eye and try to troubleshoot if it happens again
    I hope you didnt leave Govnah running all night?
    Live free or DIE!
  20. #840  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I hope you didnt leave Govnah running all night?
    I suspect the voltage was too low for 500. That happened to me last night. It's been so long since I used anything other than a straight 1GHz, I had no idea what the safe range was and made it too low and it fell dead after your clock down grace period.

    I could be wrong, though.


    M.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions