Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #801  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    Now that the changes are in Govnah, a question for clarification concerning the new screenstate-v2 governor (running on F105-158):

So for vdemand factor, if I choose low, I get less voltage reduction during scaling than if I was to choose medium, then high, etc? If that's the case, I take it the suggested manner of choosing your vdemand factor is to just start with medium (default), check stability for a couple days, then switch to high, check stability, and so on? If vdemand factor adjusts voltage scaling, that won't have an effect on speed since the clock frequency is still the same?
    Correct.
    Live free or DIE!
    f105 seems to crash my phone if left alone sometimes I come back to it and its stuck on whatever the last screen was. Also if phone is left on touchstone it does this as well. I'm guessing it's a heat issue? Although while working my temp doesn't often go over 37... Both occurence seem to increase on the lock screen which makes no sense to me but thats what's happening 9/10 times. Other times it's random. I didn't have this problem with my plussed pre when I had uberkernal or av8 harrier II installed at 1ghz. Just thought I'd chime in. Great work by the way.
  3.    #803  
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    f105 seems to crash my phone if left alone sometimes I come back to it and its stuck on whatever the last screen was. Also if phone is left on touchstone it does this as well. I'm guessing it's a heat issue? Although while working my temp doesn't often go over 37... Both occurence seem to increase on the lock screen which makes no sense to me but thats what's happening 9/10 times. Other times it's random. I didn't have this problem with my plussed pre when I had uberkernal or av8 harrier II installed at 1ghz. Just thought I'd chime in. Great work by the way.
    Lower the vdemand factor to see if that helps.
    Live free or DIE!
    how extreme is the OMG? vdemand factor? could you please elaborate?
  5.    #805  
    Quote Originally Posted by osahum View Post
    how extreme is the OMG? vdemand factor? could you please elaborate?
    Only choose that if you have a Terminator Pre.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Only choose that if you have a Terminator Pre.
    works fine with me! maybe i need OMG2.0!! but really i am very curious about the voltages range at this setting
    the system voltage is stuck at 1175. i cant change it! no up.. no down.. i tried saving in new profile, restarting the pre, saving from uknown.. nothing... govnah bug? i am using the latest from test seed..
    the system voltage is stuck at 1175. i cant change it! no up.. no down.. i tried saving in new profile, restarting the pre, saving from uknown.. nothing... govnah bug? i am using the latest from test seed..

Please read about these kernels before using them.

M.
  9.    #809  
    What version of Govnah? 0.7.13? The new version allows voltage changes.
    Live free or DIE!
  10.    #810  
    Silly me... I should have asked the standard questions...

What Kernel, kernel version, Govnah version, governor used, etc...
    Live free or DIE!
    i am using .13.. i know it does.. then i stopped letting me.. everything at the page is stuck.. i can however change the compcache setting.. but thats about it! i tired even removing it and reinstalling it.. no use.. maybe i will try reinstalling the kernel..
    Silly me... I should have asked the standard questions...

What Kernel, kernel version, Govnah version, governor used, etc...
    all the latest.. f105, screenstate v2, govnah .13
  13.    #813  
    um, screenstate-v2 doesnt allow voltage changes. I mentioned that a page back or 2. Like what Xanadu73 said.
    Live free or DIE!
    um, screenstate-v2 doesnt allow voltage changes. I mentioned that a page back or 2. Like what Xanadu73 said.
    what r u talking about? f105 let me change the VVD2 200Mhz setting.. nevertheless.. i cant change anything else at the moment.. i am trying reinstalling the kernel now
    what r u talking about? f105 let me change the VVD2 200Mhz setting.. nevertheless.. i cant change anything else at the moment.. i am trying reinstalling the kernel now

He wrote the code... I suspect he may have an linkling about what it's capable of and what it's not.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    He wrote the code... I suspect he may have an linkling about what it's capable of and what it's not.

M.
    i apologize.. but thats what i understood from my reading at this thread the 200Mhz can be changed.. but thats not the problem now.. all settings are not adjustable right now
  17.    #817  

If you are having problems with Govnah, install Lumberjack and take the Dbus output over to the Govnah thread.
    Live free or DIE!
    "the latest" is never a suitable answer to the question "what version".

Only answers with actual complete version numbers are sufficient.

People here should refuse to answer any question until reasonable alpha testing reports are submitted, all of which should include the actual version numbers of *everything* involved in every single posting.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

If you are having problems with Govnah, install Lumberjack and take the Dbus output over to the Govnah thread.
    it works now after reinstalling the kernel..
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Please read about these kernels before using them.

M.
    well.. i read this..
    To clear up some confusion:

Screenstate v2 will not allow VDD1 voltage to be changed, it will display "N/A". VDD2 voltage can be changed. The other fields are editable.
    easy on me